Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The Rangers are still in the market for a pitcher and a bat.

Trade Kuroda, Pettitte and Cano to the Rangers...
    You cannot trade players you just signed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    You cannot trade players you just signed.
    It was mainly a joke as this thread made no sense because you cannot trade Cano and Granderson after signing Pettitte and Kuroda...

We just have to let the season play out and then wait for next year to see the major changes...
    Nick

vCash
    Sell!
    Sell!
    Sell!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Be careful. Truth is a forbidden no no round these parts.
    Funny how the one year where Cashman had to GM when the coffers were shut we didn't make the playoffs. Then he was ale to throw daddy's money at CC, AJ, and Tex and get us back into October contention.

Interesting how Cashman touted his developmental programs ability to anchor a rotation in Jabba, Hughes, and Kennedy and that represented the first time in 13 years that we didn't make the playoffs.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Funny how the one year where Cashman had to GM when the coffers were shut we didn't make the playoffs. Then he was ale to throw daddy's money at CC, AJ, and Tex and get us back into October contention.

Interesting how Cashman touted his developmental programs ability to anchor a rotation in Jabba, Hughes, and Kennedy and that represented the first time in 13 years that we didn't make the playoffs.

Which Yankee team had the highest opening day payroll of any team in MLB history?

vCash
    If I told you the Yanks were offered Cliff Lee and Domonic Brown for Cano, would you take it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    If I told you the Yanks were offered Cliff Lee and Domonic Brown for Cano, would you take it?
    Would depend on how much salary they ate of cliff lee.

But I would say no.

vCash
    You'd have to at least give that some thought. I don't know why the Phillies would do that with Utley still under contract for another year.

vCash
    I'm on record as jumping all over that deal.

No money changes hands.

vCash
    I'm on record as jumping all over that deal.

No money changes hands.
    What if it was just Lee for Cano?

Still on board?

vCash
    I don't do that. If I'm paying someone $25M a year I'd rather it be Cano than Lee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I don't do that. If I'm paying someone $25M a year I'd rather it be Cano than Lee.
    Same

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    What if it was just Lee for Cano?

Still on board?
    Assuming Cano wants 8/200? Yes. I'll take 3/75.

CC and Lee makes us a threat with Mazda Boy playing 2nd base.

vCash
    I'm not jumping ship yet. If we're floundering by mid season this plan makes sense. There's still a chance this team wins the division. The pitching staff is the same as last season. The hitting is a bit worse as of now but when you really think about it how much worse is it?

You're down Nick Swisher and Russell Martin. Martin was useful for the last 1/10th of the season. 9/10 of the season he hit the occasional homerun but otherwise couldn't hit a ball if his life depended on it and couldn't get on base either. I think Russell Martin of 2013 will be better than that, but I don't think Yankees Catcher 2013 will be much, if at all worse than Martin was in 2012.

As for Swisher, his production will be hard to replace. Ichiro's defense in RF will help to mitigate some of the offensive production the Yankees will be missing, and while I don't want to get into the Ichiro vs Swish debate again, I'll just leave it that IMHO Ichiro is not MUCH of a downgrade over Swisher, especially when you consider costs.

My point is this team is not far off from competing this season, and I'm not yet ready to give up. Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen, because it's a small sample size. On paper, this team is going to be worse than last season, but that brings up two important points. First of all, that's why they play the games. Secondly, last season they finished with the best record in the AL, having a team that is worse than that does not necessarily mean it's rebuilding time.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Assuming Cano wants 8/200? Yes. I'll take 3/75.

CC and Lee makes us a threat with Mazda Boy playing 2nd base.
    Its probably more likely its 4 years/$102.5 with his vesting option for 2016.

I think I'd give Cano 8 years before trading him for Lee. If people are fine with Lee until he's 37 then why not Cano until he's 38?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast