vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    ohh and I agree Leo
    Did you "process" my earlier request?

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Hard to describe the return on joba as a haul
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Have the yankees ever traded a single significant major league player since the Cashman era began? The FO waits until there is something wrong with said player, and THEN, they trade them at their lowest value. The idea of trading Cano, Granderson, Hughes, etc. all at the same time would be unthinkable. Not to mention, there aren't any Michael Pinedas out there to trade them for.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Have the yankees ever traded a single significant major league player since the Cashman era began? The FO waits until there is something wrong with said player, and THEN, they trade them at their lowest value. The idea of trading Cano, Granderson, Hughes, etc. all at the same time would be unthinkable. Not to mention, there aren't any Michael Pinedas out there to trade them for.
    Be careful. Truth is a forbidden no no round these parts.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    How have the Yankees never had to rebuild in the past? Seems like the smartest move right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Would require a GM who actually knows what he is doing, which we, sadly, lack.
    Exactly. At least if we had a decent GM, we could make the post season now and then. What can we do?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Exactly. At least if we had a decent GM, we could make the post season now and then. What can we do?
    Be careful. Truth is a forbidden no no round these parts.

vCash
    Leo is right. It would be a bold move but would help us to rebuild quicker. Cano, especially, could bring back 1-2 young studs, to go along with our developing A-AA-AAA prospects, and let us unload a boatload of salary. Get Cano out of the AL though. Invest in pitching. It's all about the rotation. Reap benefits in 2015-2020. I think Yankee Fans could handle it if Cashman went BOLD on the rebuild!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    ...actually became sellers for one year.

Imagine the hauls we could get for trading the following expiring deals:

Cano
    Grandy
    Joba
    Hughes

If we traded all four in various deals, could we not restock the upper levels of the farm, while setting up the 2014 team and beyond?

Question is: Would this fan base be on board with one year of cleaning house for another decade of a new young core to compliment our aging vets on long term deals?

I would love this because I truly believe none of these 4 players will be here anyway in 2014.

Is the financial risk of an empty stadium in 2013, worth the upside of building a new core?

Thoughts?
    Too late to get a haul for Grandy and Cano. Walk years will not get the best prospects. They should have been traded prior to the 2012 season if Brian knew Hal was going to close the wallet.

I would let every free agent walk after the 2013 season. Just get some sandwich picks. Then do some dumpster diving and then call up some minor leaguers to compete much like in 1991-1992 and see who can play and then hopefully the blue chips are ready for 2014 and then maybe by 2016-17 they can add a free agent or two and compete again for the Division. But patience is needed and they must stick to a plan.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Disagree. Cano would get us an awesome package. I think all have value to MLB teams that have a shot to compete.
    You cannot trade them now....Pettitte and Kuroda and Mo were signed to win not have players traded.

Play thru the season and then start my plan.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    i honestly don't see cano going anywhere, yanks will resign him for sure. We are still the yankees. Winning is still #1 priority.
    Winning is not Hal Steinbrenner's #1 priority. Profit is.....he sees the Rays and A's compete with payrolls around $60 million and then looks at his $200 million jalopy always failing in Oct.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Porka View Post
    Leo is right. It would be a bold move but would help us to rebuild quicker. Cano, especially, could bring back 1-2 young studs, to go along with our developing A-AA-AAA prospects, and let us unload a boatload of salary. Get Cano out of the AL though. Invest in pitching. It's all about the rotation. Reap benefits in 2015-2020. I think Yankee Fans could handle it if Cashman went BOLD on the rebuild!
    Leo might be correct but it is not realistic.....Why bother signing Pettitte and Kuroda?

2014 will see a brand new team....
    Nick

vCash
    The Rangers are still in the market for a pitcher and a bat.

Trade Kuroda, Pettitte and Cano to the Rangers...
    Nick

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast