Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Imagine If The Yanks...

...actually became sellers for one year.

Imagine the hauls we could get for trading the following expiring deals:

Cano
    Grandy
    Joba
    Hughes

If we traded all four in various deals, could we not restock the upper levels of the farm, while setting up the 2014 team and beyond?

Question is: Would this fan base be on board with one year of cleaning house for another decade of a new young core to compliment our aging vets on long term deals?

I would love this because I truly believe none of these 4 players will be here anyway in 2014.

Is the financial risk of an empty stadium in 2013, worth the upside of building a new core?

Thoughts?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Would require a GM who actually knows what he is doing, which we, sadly, lack.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Would require a GM who actually knows what he is doing, which we, sadly, lack.
    Exactly. At least if we had a decent GM, we could make the post season now and then. What can we do?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Exactly. At least if we had a decent GM, we could make the post season now and then. What can we do?
    Be careful. Truth is a forbidden no no round these parts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Be careful. Truth is a forbidden no no round these parts.
    Funny how the one year where Cashman had to GM when the coffers were shut we didn't make the playoffs. Then he was ale to throw daddy's money at CC, AJ, and Tex and get us back into October contention.

Interesting how Cashman touted his developmental programs ability to anchor a rotation in Jabba, Hughes, and Kennedy and that represented the first time in 13 years that we didn't make the playoffs.

vCash
    Funny how the one year where Cashman had to GM when the coffers were shut we didn't make the playoffs. Then he was ale to throw daddy's money at CC, AJ, and Tex and get us back into October contention.

Interesting how Cashman touted his developmental programs ability to anchor a rotation in Jabba, Hughes, and Kennedy and that represented the first time in 13 years that we didn't make the playoffs.

Which Yankee team had the highest opening day payroll of any team in MLB history?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I know, we have been so deprived of success because of how terrible Cashman is. He is terrible!

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Cano and Hughes are too close to FA to really pull in a credible haul, we waited too long on Chamberlain and maybe Granderson nets us something.

vCash
    Cano and Hughes are too close to FA to really pull in a credible haul, we waited too long on Chamberlain and maybe Granderson nets us something.
    Disagree. Cano would get us an awesome package. I think all have value to MLB teams that have a shot to compete.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Disagree. Cano would get us an awesome package. I think all have value to MLB teams that have a shot to compete.
    I don't know Leo, he's one season from a highly prized free agency. One year rentals tend to diminish returns IMO.

vCash
    I don't know Leo, he's one season from a highly prized free agency. One year rentals tend to diminish returns IMO.
    Then why did you want to trade away our best hitting prospect in a decade for Halladay or Lee? Weren't those guys one year rentals? They should have been cheap..... right????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Then why did you want to trade away our best hitting prospect in a decade for Halladay or Lee? Weren't those guys one year rentals? They should have been cheap..... right????
    Precisely because I would have paid the money due a contract extension which is where you and I disagree.

Yes it is an egregious practice to part with a kings ransom in players (or what we thought was a kings ransom, that is) and then pay handily on top of that.

I am not disagreeing with that but that Halladay was the best arm I the game as was Santana before him.

What I am saying is why expect every other GM to do exactly what we are arguing Cashman was smart not to do when it was his turn.

Is that not also a double standard?

vCash
    Yeah. I'd really be surprised if Cano couldn't bring back at least two top prospects. One year deal or not he is the best second baseman in baseball.

The Mets turned half a year of 34 year old Beltran into their #1 prospect.

vCash
    You cannot trade them now....Pettitte and Kuroda and Mo were signed to win not have players traded.

Play thru the season and then start my plan.
    Nick

vCash
    See Zach Greinke, Tex, and Cliff Lee recently. If the player is good enough you can get a haul. Even a half of a year.
    The Beginning of a Dynasty

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast