Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Russell Wilson vs. RGIII

You're starting a team.

Who do you take as your long term QB? Taking into account injury risk, upside, and stuff like that of course. Assuming they both cost the same draft pick to acquire.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    LOL kind of wrong to start this thread an hour before WASH may be confirming RG3 tore his ACL and could miss next season...

vCash
    What a brilliant day to start this thread.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    LOL kind of wrong to start this thread an hour before WASH may be confirming RG3 tore his ACL and could miss next season...
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    What a brilliant day to start this thread.
    Perfect time for the thread. RGIII has more upside but is more of an injury risk. That's the point. What do you value more?
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    kirk cousins
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    RGIII

Who knows who will have the better career, but we do know who had the better NFL season. With only one season of actual NFL play to tell us anything, I'll take RGIII.

I will say, with that year of play, it is closer than I would have thought at the beginning of the year.

vCash
    Man this is tough but I would take RG3 if it wasn't for his reckless playing style. He just needs to learn to slide and not try to run like a running back when he scrambles. He is better than Russell at THIS POINT though, I'll give him that.

With that being said I gotta stick with tha guy I defended all season, the hobbit known as Wilson.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    RG-tres.

vCash
    RG III, he def needs to learn how to slide though..

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    Rg3

vCash
    RGIII, the ceiling there is significantly higher. I think Wilson pretty much is what he is. Don't see him improving much beyond what he is right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    +1

Neither is a good choice. The guy with a bum wheel or the scrambler who likely will get injured too. Ahhhh, I'll go with Luck, Cousins and/or any other young, talent QB who doesn't get hit like Michael Vick or named Stafford.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 01-07-2013 at 03:25 PM.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Honestly, I wouldn't really want either. RG3's injury potential is too much baggage for me, and Wilson's physical limitations aren't something I'd want in my teams QB. I guess it'd depend on the situation. Wilson is an absolute steal for a 3rd rounder, whereas I'd be pissed if my team traded 3 1sts + a 2nd to move up 5 slots for RG3.

While RG3's talent ceiling is higher, I personally think Wilson was the better QB this year, even without considering RG3's injury risks. Wilson played against harsh NFC West defenses and performed about as well, whereas RG3 played against the overrated/crap NFC East defenses.

If Wilson were bigger he would've been the #2 pick. I don't know how well I see him doing in the future, but I'll be keeping an eye on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    RGIII, the ceiling there is significantly higher. I think Wilson pretty much is what he is. Don't see him improving much beyond what he is right now.
    Seriously??? He has done nothing but improve every single game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast