Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Offseason/Free Agency V3 Thread

We've hit the quota. Lets start fresh.

After looking at the photos/videos of the OTA from yesterday I was really impressed with the offensive/defensive tempo. It just feels different at OBP, the players look more engaged, and look like they're getting to know one another well from what I could see.

I'm really pulling for Hughes for FB this year. That dude is massive.
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Yeah. Same here i lost respect for DEZ when I saw that picture too you dont do something like that.

vCash
    NFL Network did a segment on the Bucs. Here is a link:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...-the-NFC-South

vCash
    with June 1st approaching im keeping an eye on these veterans who could possibly come free (Cap Cuts)

Colts: Dwight Freeney
    Jets: Bart Scott
    Cowbltches: Mike Jenkins
    Jaguars: Aaron Kampman
    Bills: Leodis McKelvin
    Eagles: Darryl Tapp
    Chargers: Shaun Phillips
    Bengals: Nate Clements

we have around 16million in cap space (flexibility) and it wouldn't surprise me that my Bucs make Kellen Winslow a cap casualty freeing up even more space
    Last edited by bucc4life; 05-17-2012 at 09:36 AM.

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    Nobody on that list is worthy of a roster spot outside Freeney and Scott. Freeney is old and will not accept a back up role and Scott is an @$$hole. Not the type of player we need on this team. The rest of the guys havent produced for some time. I would rather pass and give our youngsters a chance at improving or making a name for themselves. If we cut Winslow, it would be the dumbest fking move in recent Buc history. He has proven he can stay healthy through the season and is arguably Freemans most consistant weapon at this moment.
    Last edited by andrews1469; 05-17-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrews1469 View Post
    Nobody on that list is worthy of a roster spot outside Freeney and Scott. Freeney is old and will not accept a back up role and Scott is an @$$hole. Not the type of player we need on this team. The rest of the guys havent produced for some time. I would rather pass and give our youngsters a chance at improving or making a name for themselves. If we cut Winslow, it would be the dumbest fking move in recent Buc history. He has proven he can stay healthy through the season and is arguably Freemans most consistant weapon at this moment.
    Lmao and who is freeney suppose to backup?
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Bucs Add WRs Wright, Lewis

As another phase of the offseason begins, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers continue to tweak their 90-man roster in advance of training camp. On Thursday, the team added two wide receivers – former New York Jet Wallace Wright and undrafted free agent Armahd Lewis – and waived first-year guard Mike Ingersoll and rookie tight end Tyler Urban.

The Bucs, who conducted their second organized team activity day (OTA) on Thursday, have now added three players to their receiving corps over the past week, previously signing former New England Patriot Tiquan Underwoodon May 10. The team also opened free agency by plucking the most coveted pass-catcher off the market in former San Diego Charger Vincent Jackson.

The 6-1, 201-pound Wright has spent most of his NFL career with the Jets, who signed him as an undrafted free agent out of North Carolina in 2006. He started his rookie season on New York's practice squad but was promoted in time to appear in the team's last five games and immediately take an active role in special teams. Wright didn't record a reception in his rookie campaign but did rack up six kick-coverage tackles in those five outings.

Wright made the Jets roster each of the next three seasons and played in all 48 games from 2007-09, continuing to excel in the kick-and-return game. In addition to his 60 special teams tackles, he also contributed eight catches for 108 yards on offense, with a single-season-best of six for 87 in 2007.

Wright fought to get his college career started just as he did in the NFL, coming to UNC as a walk-on but making the team and eventually appearing in 46 games. He finished his Tar Heel career with 23 receptions for 312 yards and four scores, while also returning 54 kickoffs for an average of 21.6 yards per and one more touchdown.

Lewis (5-9, 172) played just one season of college football, at Central Washington University, but he was a very successful collegiate athlete. Before transferring to CWU, Lewis ran track at Utah State and was a member of the 4x100 relay team that set a school record in 2010. He was a first-team All-WAC selection in track and field in 2010 after finishing second in the 100m and helping the 4x100 crew also come in second. Lewis also excelled in the 60m, 200m and 4x100 relay events.

At Central Washington, Lewis appeared in 10 games in 2011 and caught 21 passes for 438 yards and three scores, with a 20.9-yard per-catch average that indicated his top-notch speed. Lewis also returned kicks for the Wildcats, averaging 23.0 yards on 16 kickoff returns and 8.7 yards on three punt returns.

Ingersoll first joined the Buccaneers last fall, spending the last three weeks of the season on the team's practice squad. He then re-signed to the team's 2012 offseason roster in January. Urban, a rookie, signed with the Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent on April 30.
    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/artic...d-4874f4aa383c
    Last edited by bucc4life; 05-17-2012 at 04:03 PM.

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Lmao and who is freeney suppose to backup?
    Very well thought out and logical argument. Im an idiot because you debated with me by responding "Lmao" completely negating my post. Im so stupid.....

He would in fact not be guaranteed starting position over left or right when both of our current LE and RE had just as many sacks last year and are younger, one playing part time. Now you can respond "Rofl" which makes my argument incorrect. Your respect level is at an all time low.

vCash
    LDE
    Dwight Freeney - Free Agent Acquired (multi-year deal)
    Michael Bennett
    RDE
    Adrian Clayborn
    George Johnson

DT
    Gerald McCoy
    Brian Price
    Amobi Okoye
    Gary Gibson
    Myles Wade

SLB
    Mason Foster
    Dekoda Watson

MLB
    Bart Scott - Free Agent Acquired (1 year deal)
    Adam Hayward
    Najee Goode

WLB
    Lavonte David
    Quincy Black

CB
    Aqib Talib
    Eric Wright
    Mike Jenkins - Free Agent Acquired (1 year deal)
    E.J. Biggers
    Myron Lewis
    Keith Tandy
    Anthony Gaitor

FS
    Ronde Barber
    Cody Grimm

SS
    Mark Barron
    Larry Asante

now that's a Defense I can get behind on 1 can dream!

vCash
    when June 1st rolls around we'll see who will actually become available ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrews1469 View Post
    Very well thought out and logical argument. Im an idiot because you debated with me by responding "Lmao" completely negating my post. Im so stupid.....

He would in fact not be guaranteed starting position over left or right when both of our current LE and RE had just as many sacks last year and are younger, one playing part time. Now you can respond "Rofl" which makes my argument incorrect. Your respect level is at an all time low.
    First off Dwight Freeney last yr, "washed up" would've LEAD THE BUCS IN SACKS. So let's get that out the way.

Your talking about my respect level? I'm sorry but who are you? I mean come on now your saying Dwight Freeney wouldn't start in Tampa and that's as far as my interactions with you will go. Im alost for words.

You got it you won man

Ps. Quietly to myself(Dwight Freeney wouldnt start in Tampa, n'please)
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Have you guys heard about why Brian Price was missing in OTA's? Apparently his sister passed away from injuries sustained in a car crash.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2012...ock-ar-404994/

Losing three siblings is such a tragedy. I can't imagine what he is going through right now.

vCash
    With Rolando McClain receiving 180 days of jail time for his indecent. Does this look good or bad for our boy Talib.

to bring up a gist of both cases.

McClain - McClain and a friend argued with a victim
    McClain's friend assaulted the victim to the point of not being able to walk.
    McClain then held a gun to victims head
    McClain then shot the gun next to the victims ear
    Seems to be video evidence.
    McClain has no prior record
    Victim had no prior record (Please correct me if I am wrong on any account)

Talib - Talib's sister complained of her BF assaulting her to Talib
    Talib and his mother went to his sisters house
    Talib's mother claim she fired shots
    Talib also claims victim fired shots
    victim claims Talib took the gun from his mother (after she fired shots) and fired shots as well
    Victim was arrested for outstanding warrents
    Talib has one assault charge on a taxi driver, and one possible assault in a car accident case.
    Talib has already served a suspension
    There are witnesses but no one actually saw the indecent (again, please correct me if I maid mistakes.)

I just want to get a feel of if we should be worried or if it seems like we will be fine. Not condoning and acts of violence Talib committed. If he is guilty then so be it, but just curious about how are backfield will look come game 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    First off Dwight Freeney last yr, "washed up" would've LEAD THE BUCS IN SACKS. So let's get that out the way.

Your talking about my respect level? I'm sorry but who are you? I mean come on now your saying Dwight Freeney wouldn't start in Tampa and that's as far as my interactions with you will go. Im alost for words.

You got it you won man

Ps. Quietly to myself(Dwight Freeney wouldnt start in Tampa, n'please)
    Then lets get this out of the way. Our rookie on a horrible defense led the team in Sacks at 7.5, only 1/2 sack away from Freeney. Freeney only had 10 sacks in 2010. Bennett only had 4 sacks but he only started 10 games and was rotated from position to position. Would've? Are you kidding me? Dude had 8 sacks on a defense that finished better in nearly every category over the Bucs. How can you say he would have with certainty? You are judging from his name alone and not the fact that he is old and the possibility that his production may never increase due to it.

When I say my respect for you is at an all time low I mean that with all sincerity. Its not that we disagree, its that you constantly scoff and laugh at everyones posts and pretend you have some mystical football wisdom that us mere mortals could only dream to possess. Honestly, its immature and childish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I-4_Fan View Post
    With Rolando McClain receiving 180 days of jail time for his indecent. Does this look good or bad for our boy Talib.

to bring up a gist of both cases.

McClain - McClain and a friend argued with a victim
    McClain's friend assaulted the victim to the point of not being able to walk.
    McClain then held a gun to victims head
    McClain then shot the gun next to the victims ear
    Seems to be video evidence.
    McClain has no prior record
    Victim had no prior record (Please correct me if I am wrong on any account)

Talib - Talib's sister complained of her BF assaulting her to Talib
    Talib and his mother went to his sisters house
    Talib's mother claim she fired shots
    Talib also claims victim fired shots
    victim claims Talib took the gun from his mother (after she fired shots) and fired shots as well
    Victim was arrested for outstanding warrents
    Talib has one assault charge on a taxi driver, and one possible assault in a car accident case.
    Talib has already served a suspension
    There are witnesses but no one actually saw the indecent (again, please correct me if I maid mistakes.)

I just want to get a feel of if we should be worried or if it seems like we will be fine. Not condoning and acts of violence Talib committed. If he is guilty then so be it, but just curious about how are backfield will look come game 1.
    I think it's completely unrelated. Prolly not a good case to compare to (apples to oranges). I think if Goodell would've come out & suspended McClain for a season we'd be screwed but honestly there's nothing much we can dictate from that.

Ready to Shock the World

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast