Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    There goes Novak killing us again with another 3 for 3 from 3 performance. Man, I hate roll players that come in and do their job, but are exposed when asked to do more than what they were brought in here for

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Tonight's comeback shows exactly what I was talking about yesterday. Look at how Copeland and Smith have been able to work with minimal help defense. Their jobs becomes much, much easier when the weakside defender can't help. As I'm typing this, Copeland fakes out his man with a ball fake, and nobody came to help because they didn't want to leave Novak, JR, or Kidd for an open 3. The play before, Smith drove in, the weakside defender didn't come in against Novak so Chandler's man had to help, so Chandler got an easy offensive rebound. That's where Novak helps, and it isn't necessarily seen in his points total.

vCash
    Novak just lost us that game

The Future

vCash
    **** his 3pters he can ride the bench

The Future

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    Novak just lost us that game
    That was Copeland's rotation

And ignoring that, again, it's poor coaching. He shouldn't be on the floor in that situation. He helped during the comeback, he shouldn't be on the floor with a lead that late in the game. It would be like calling Marcus Camby a liability for not scoring with the Knicks down 2 late in the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post

And ignoring that, again, it's poor coaching. He shouldn't be on the floor in that situation. He helped during the comeback, he shouldn't be on the floor with a lead that late in the game. It would be like calling Marcus Camby a liability for not scoring with the Knicks down 2 late in the game.
    He was there for the offensive possession beforehand and there was no deadball.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Tonight's comeback shows exactly what I was talking about yesterday. Look at how Copeland and Smith have been able to work with minimal help defense. Their jobs becomes much, much easier when the weakside defender can't help. As I'm typing this, Copeland fakes out his man with a ball fake, and nobody came to help because they didn't want to leave Novak, JR, or Kidd for an open 3. The play before, Smith drove in, the weakside defender didn't come in against Novak so Chandler's man had to help, so Chandler got an easy offensive rebound. That's where Novak helps, and it isn't necessarily seen in his points total.
    LOL, so Novacks spacing actually brought the Knicks back???

I don't think Kidd can do this for a month and Priggy is a 3rd point guard. I would trade Novack and his valuable spacing because Copeland is better at filling the role of an offensive stretch 4.

My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash

That was Novack's man,you need to watch the play again...................... why would he go for the steal??

Not blaming Novack though, Kidd's pass could have won the game if he threw it right.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    That was Novack's man,you need to watch the play again...................... why would he go for the steal??

Not blaming Novack though, Kidd's pass could have won the game if he threw it right.
    That last play just got chaotic. Every player on the floor got into panic mode and the Kings got lucky. It never should have come down to that if the Knicks actually made a basket in the last 2 mins.

Back to the thread topic. Novak played better but still blows on defense. I think he might have read this thread.

Woody played Copeland for over 40 mins and he came through nicely offensively but his D is still questionable. The guys at the desk on the msg post game just mentioned that Cope might be taking Novaks mins soon if he keeps playing like he this. This is getting interesting!!

vCash
    If novak just played that straight up instead of going for the steal that guy wouldnt have been able to get that shot up

The Future

vCash
    Kidd gets a pass on the mistake because he is Jason Kidd. But if he had made a better pass, none of what followed would have made any difference.

Defense is nothing but hard work and concentration. If you don't understand that, then you hurt your team. Novack clearly is challenged in this area. Either he is lazy of stupid - i.e., does not understand basketball. Forget the steal; just play straight-up defense on your man.

As for Copeland v Novack...? The one plays defense plays ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc View Post
    Kidd gets a pass on the mistake because he is Jason Kidd. But if he had made a better pass, none of what followed would have made any difference.

Defense is nothing but hard work and concentration. If you don't understand that, then you hurt your team. Novack clearly is challenged in this area. Either he is lazy of stupid - i.e., does not understand basketball. Forget the steal; just play straight-up defense on your man.

As for Copeland v Novack...? The one plays defense plays ...
    Of course JKidd gets a pass

how many games has he won for us (you wont find in the stat sheets)?

Novak must score or be benched, he does hustle on D he just sucks, his 30+ minutes need to be split with Cope, they both suck on D but spread the floor, Woody needs to work this out

Thank god im not the KYK coach

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Novak is one slow *** white boy...Larry Bird was slow too ...but he would have stole that pass because he had a basketball IQ beyond shooting.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Novak is one slow *** white boy...Larry Bird was slow too ...but he would have stole that pass because he had a basketball IQ beyond shooting.
    are we really comparing bird to kaine

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    are we really comparing bird to kaine
    As far as mobility goes. Thats it

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast