Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm surprised by how good a shooter Copeland is. If he had more lateral movement, I doubt that Woody would take more than 2 seconds to replace Novak with him.

Novak for all his awfulness on D, at least makes the proper rotations and knows where to be.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I'm surprised by how good a shooter Copeland is. If he had more lateral movement, I doubt that Woody would take more than 2 seconds to replace Novak with him.

Novak for all his awfulness on D, at least makes the proper rotations and knows where to be.
    How many third stringers are in tune with defensive Rotations with starters and the back ups??? I bet if he got Novacks playing time and practice time he would as good if not better.

At the very lease the other team doesn't veiw him as lunch off the dribble like Novack.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    Novak's Ortg is 123 and he is cold for his standards. What is it going to be when he heats up again? He is the best pure shooter in the league. He is doing his job which is providing the offense with a boost in terms of floor spacing and knock down 3 point shots to turn the momentum of a game.

Guys we have 21 wins in two months, there is no need for change. I am seeing a lot of crap posting about changing this guys role and that, **** that... keep it the same because EVERYONE has room for improvement.

Chandler can improve his interior D and rebounding
    Melo can improve his rebounding and FT shooting
    Felton can improve in every aspect LOL

I wouldn't change a thing, the offense is better when Novak is on the floor, period. That is his role.
    Last edited by Dmagic87; 12-27-2012 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    How many third stringers are in tune with defensive Rotations with starters and the back ups??? I bet if he got Novacks playing time and practice time he would as good if not better.

At the very lease the other team doesn't veiw him as lunch off the dribble like Novack.
    Maybe. Probably Woodson isn't willing to shake things up just to get Copeland acclimated. And he's probably banking on Novak becoming unconscious from three like he was last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    Novak's Ortg is 123 and he is cold for his standards. What is it going to be when he heats up again? He is the best pure shooter in the league. He is doing his job which is providing the offense with a boost in terms of floor spacing and knock down 3 point shots to turn the momentum of a game.

Guys we have 21 wins in two months, there is no need for change. I am seeing a lot of crap posting about changing this guys role and that, **** that... keep it the same because EVERYONE has room for improvement.

I wouldn't change a thing, the offense is better when Novak is on the floor, period. That is his role.
    Which game was it where the Knicks were down by 7 and Novak came in and dropped 2 threes in a row which completely shifted the momentum of the game and the Knicks went on to win it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Teams knowing they can not leave Novak open makes him a weapon even when he does not score. It opens the floor for other players. Other teams will sometimes leave bad shooters open to encourage them to shoot. They do not have that luxury with Novak.
    Sly I dont see you around as much as I used to.

New York Jets: 1-3 soon to be 1-4
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

As of 9/4/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Which game was it where the Knicks were down by 7 and Novak came in and dropped 2 threes in a row which completely shifted the momentum of the game and the Knicks went on to win it.
    I know what game you are talking about, I don't think Melo was playing. Maybe the Bobcat game? It looked like we were going to lose that but I thought it was like we were down by 7. he makes two clutch 3s and we pull away big time. Maybe Melo did play because we lost all the other games besides the Bobcat and Heat game.

vCash
    I know what game you are talking about, I don't think Melo was playing. Maybe the Bobcat game? It looked like we were going to lose that but I thought it was like we were down by 7. he makes two clutch 3s and we pull away big time. Maybe Melo did play because we lost all the other games besides the Bobcat and Heat game.
    I don't think Melo was playing that game. Everyone else was though.

I mean, Novak is in a slump right now it seems like but when he's his normal self, he literally is the best shooter in the league. You gotta find at least some minutes for a guy like that.

vCash
    Look there will be a point when everyone is fit and we can throw on Novak for 10 mins a game and he'll get us 6pts.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Novak is what he is. He still deserves the time he is getting especially with the injuries. Cope is possibly making that decision harder but not because Novak all of the sudden is not doing things well. People on here I think over rate him too much. He is a great shooter and you bring him in a look for a lift knocking down some 3's - some nights they'll be there and some nights they won't. He is Kyle Korver and nothing more. There is nothing wrong with that though he is a great asset on this team. He is fine leave him alone. Agreed that Cope is making a strong push for time though and Felton needs to seriously step his game up when he is back healthy.

vCash
    Call me a homer but just shut up about Felton. Guy plays hurt when he should have been sidelined weeks ago. Novak is a liability on defense. I have watched him intently the last few games and he just doesn't put forth the effort on D. Personally, I'd give his minutes to Copeland.

vCash

vCash
    Doesn't anyone listen to Wally?

Yes Novak spreads the court, but now we see the worst defender on him which puts the bettter defenders on our main guy's.

Novak is lost defensively even if in position its one move and see ya. And no he does not make the right defensive rotations he's terrible.

I mean a jump ball last night and Dudley is his man and Kidd is not winning the jump, tip to Dudley and where is Novak? watching then reacts and then three points?

He is better in the role of 10 minutes not this 25 min routine he's getting.

Cope can now spread the floor, and guess what teams have not caught up yet so he's making three's rain. He drives and he also can pull up and hit the shots, everything Novak can't do.

Is he good on defense? Nope, but he's learning and he's trying and banging, Novak is the weakest 6'10 guy I've ever seen and whimpy. I mean even when he's in postion to board a guard takes the ball away from him.

Sorry folks he's a liability in every sense of the word right now only because his minutes are keeping Cope off the court.

Now I can't fly my airplane

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    I don't Subscribe to this theory. Opening up the lane doesn't win you games, points do. Knicks had to make plenty of tough shots to win, it's not like guys are getting wide open because the great Novack is pent up in the corner.

Copeland needs to get Novack Minutes, opening the court and 3 points<14 points
    Which is why I went on to explain that the Knicks are consistently very good with Novak, Melo, Chandler, and a PG on the floor. Don't know why you just ignored that part other then the fact that it was less convenient for your point.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    I believe it not to be the case. The worst defender on the other team can lock him up, while their best four can try to slow use down.

Whether Melo or JR can over come, has nothing to do with Novack imo.
    Last edited by Anji; 12-27-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast