Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Seeing Cope making scoring look easy again tonight makes me lean towards him getting more of Novaks minutes. We're only at half time in the Suns game now and who knows, maybe Cope will start bricking and Novak will start lighting it up. At this moment though, I want to see more Cope!!

vCash
    no one is even looking for novak anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Teams knowing they can not leave Novak open makes him a weapon even when he does not score. It opens the floor for other players. Other teams will sometimes leave bad shooters open to encourage them to shoot. They do not have that luxury with Novak.
    Very good point.

vCash
    Novak doesn't get his own shots off, everyones shooting numbers on the team have dropped lately.

This system revolves around Felton a lot more than you guys realize. If Felton doesn't hit shots and make defenses respect him when he has the ball there's less open shots.

It's that simple, Felton has had more open shots in the NBA and has hit nothing of late and it's killing the entire offense. Even kidds numbers have dropped, even chandlers, everyones has. It's about the pg.

I can't believe people here are blaming one of the NBAs top 3 point shooters for not being open. Where did you guys learn to play basketball?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Novak doesn't get his own shots off, everyones shooting numbers on the team have dropped lately.

This system revolves around Felton a lot more than you guys realize. If Felton doesn't hit shots and make defenses respect him when he has the ball there's less open shots.

It's that simple, Felton has had more open shots in the NBA and has hit nothing of late and it's killing the entire offense. Even kidds numbers have dropped, even chandlers, everyones has. It's about the pg.

I can't believe people here are blaming one of the NBAs top 3 point shooters for not being open. Where did you guys learn to play basketball?
    If Novak wasn't a total liability on defense, I would agree with everything you said.

My man Ike got a bad rap

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Short answer, YES.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    For all the complaining about Novak tonight, he was a +7. His shooting opens up a lot in the middle of the floor. He's overpaid and poorly used (he should primarily be used in a pick and roll heavy lineup or when Melo is going iso a lot, as the attention he draws helps both of those things), but he's not a liability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    For all the complaining about Novak tonight, he was a +7. His shooting opens up a lot in the middle of the floor. He's overpaid and poorly used (he should primarily be used in a pick and roll heavy lineup or when Melo is going iso a lot, as the attention he draws helps both of those things), but he's not a liability.
    Exactly, helps you get a lane in the middle.

vCash
    I don't Subscribe to this theory. Opening up the lane doesn't win you games, points do. Knicks had to make plenty of tough shots to win, it's not like guys are getting wide open because the great Novack is pent up in the corner.

Copeland needs to get Novack Minutes, opening the court and 3 points<14 points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    I don't Subscribe to this theory. Opening up the lane doesn't win you games, points do. Knicks had to make plenty of tough shots to win, it's not like guys are getting wide open because the great Novack is pent up in the corner.

I agree, I would like to see Copeland get Novak's minutes because he can actually create a shot on his own.

vCash
    27 minutes, 3 pts 1reb 1ast. No Defense.

It's that the definition of liability????

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    I don't Subscribe to this theory. Opening up the lane doesn't win you games, points do. Knicks had to make plenty to tough shots to win, it's not like guys are wide open because the great Novack is pent up in the corner.

OK, points do. The Knicks scored 7 more points with Novak on the floor today than they did without him. The Knicks scored 0 more points with Copeland on the floor today than they did without him. 7 points > 0 points.

The Knicks were +6.5 points per 100 possessions last year with Novak on the floor last year, -1.3 without him. This year they've been worse with him on the floor, but that's because most of the time when he plays, it's without Melo because Melo has been playing PF this year.

The Knicks are +13.3 per 48 minutes in the 170 minutes they've played with Kidd or Felton, Chandler, Novak, and Anthony all on the floor, because he spaces the floor for the Kidd/Felton and Chandler pick and roll and the Melo isos. In fact, they're +7 per 48 minutes in the 300 minutes that Novak and Chandler have been on the floor together, which is really good since about 100 of those minutes have been without Melo.

vCash
    OK, points do. The Knicks scored 7 more points with Novak on the floor today than they did without him. The Knicks scored 0 more points with Copeland on the floor today than they did without him. 7 points > 0 points.
    Plus Minus is really is subjective,specially for a guy like Novack who is producing little. You are really going out on a limb trying to attribute the scoring difference to his presence, when it's more likely when the other team plays well he is taking off the floor.

Truth is guy does very little other than take guard with him to the three point line. Copeland right now>>Novack

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    IMO ....Novak is not a liability ...he has his weaknesses...mainly on defense. His only strength is his long ball. We just have to play him accordingly. I do think hes trade bait though and could get a multi dementional player in return....Matt Barnes comes to mind.

I would like to see him take the contested 3 instead of pump faking then passing it up...even if it gets blocked...he can draw a foul ...he has to learn how to take advantage of his defender.
    Last edited by Missing56&33; 12-27-2012 at 01:10 AM.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    @wallyball Wally Szczerbiak 2 HOURS AGO
    RT @alanhahn: “@AnthonyD80: @alanhahn Novak CANNOT play these minutes and get 3 shots. Too much of a liability elsewhere.” Agree. Lacking intensity.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast