Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Panthers have ZERO Pro Bowlers

Just curious what everyone thinks about this. I think the pro bowl has become a joke and is purely based on reputation. Charles Johnson and Luke Kuechly should have went in my opinion. How do you guys feel about this?

vCash
    Who cares? I don't think any team under .500 should have a Pro Bowler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killakatsfan View Post
    The 2 win Chiefs have 5 pro bowlers and 13 win Falcons have 3. Pro Bowl is not about wins it is about the best players at there positions. At the end of the day it is not the end of the world but to a degree it is about team pride knowing your team has great players and they are being acknowledged for it.

vCash
    Kuechly got robbed. Badly. CJ didn't. I see why Bowman is on there, but Willis is having 1/5th the season Kuechly is.

Without a doubt Luke is your DROY, but most likely gets snubbed again.

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    The Pro Bowl is irrelevant anyways. It's a joke. Jeff Saturday made the Pro Bowl, and the Packers are freaking benching him.

vCash
    Across the world of NFL fans, there was a resounding "Luke who?". Remember that the Pro Bowl is as much a popularity contest as anything. When no one knows who you are, you're not going to receive many votes. And Carolina is still a relatively small market, especially when compared to SF, GB, NY, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaFan87 View Post
    Just curious what everyone thinks about this. I think the pro bowl has become a joke and is purely based on reputation. Charles Johnson and Luke Kuechly should have went in my opinion. How do you guys feel about this?
    I won't say that Kuechly and CJ were the ones that should've been there, but no way in hell Julius Peppers deserves this (or many of his other) Pro Bowl. He goes yearly based on his popularity. He has the same number of tackles as CJ, one more sack, but 7 fewer FFs. He also plays on a much better defense (both of their starting CBs are going to start in the PB). Jason Pierre-Paul is also less deserving and extremely overrated. And like mentioned, Willis hasn't looked like Willis this year, so he should'n't be there either.

This whole thing was a joke. I even see other players that I really like on this list, but I know they don't deserve to be there based on this season (hello, Haloti Gnata).

Quote Originally Posted by Killakatsfan View Post
    That's stupid. If a player is playing like the best of his position, he deserves it, regardless of what his team's record is.

Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    The Pro Bowl is irrelevant anyways. It's a joke. Jeff Saturday made the Pro Bowl, and the Packers are freaking benching him.
    Yep. Popularity at it's finest. I haven't watch Ed Reed a ton this season, but I have my doubts that he's still the #1 FS. I am glad to see Polamalu miss out though (I figured he could play in one game and still make it based on how voting ends up). I like Patrick Peterson, but I've seen him get burned plenty this year. You're telling me he's the #3 CB in the NFC? Demarcus Ware and Clay Matthews haven't had PB seasons (though they've had decent seasons). Victor Cruz and Julio Jones are overrated and could've been someone better (how the **** does Roddy White not make it, but Jones does?).

I barely watch the Pro Bowl when Panthers are in it. I'm definitely not watching this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaFan87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    Kuechly got robbed. Badly. CJ didn't. I see why Bowman is on there, but Willis is having 1/5th the season Kuechly is.

Without a doubt Luke is your DROY, but most likely gets snubbed again.
    I pretty much agree - lead the league in tackles as an LB and no invite? As far as D ROY goes, i'm guessing the main competition is Casey Hayward for GB (he was great at Vandy), and Janoris Jenkins for STL.