Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Cameron Wake Named To AFC Pro Bowl Squad

iami Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake has been selected as a starter to the 2013 AFC Pro Bowl squad. The annual contest matching the AFC and NFC will be played on Sunday, January 27, 2013 at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii.

“I want to congratulate Cam on his well-deserved honor,” said Dolphins Head Coach Joe Philbin. “I am sure he will represent the Miami Dolphins in a first class manor when he is in Hawaii.”

Cameron Wake, in his fourth NFL season, will be making his second trip to the Pro Bowl (he made the Pro Bowl in 2010 after a 14-sack season as a linebacker). In 2012, Wake is fourth in the NFL and third in the AFC with 15 sacks through 15 games, a single-season career high, including a career-high 4.5 sacks against the Arizona Cardinals on September 30. His 4.5 sacks against the Cardinals are the second most that any player has recorded in a single game this year.

“It’s really an honor, I couldn’t do it obviously without the guys around me,” explained Wake. “I think, when these individual honors come out, it shows what kind of guys you have around you. Everybody knows that, as a pass rusher, your best friends are the guys behind you, your DBs (defensive backs) have these receivers covered. The big guys in the middle take two and you can get one and they kind of make your job a little easier. I think this truly is not just an individual honor, but it’s kind of a testament to the way these guys play defense, everybody on Miami’s side.”

Wake’s 43.0 sacks in his first four seasons with the Dolphins are the most by any player in their first four seasons in franchise history. He has moved into seventh-place on the Dolphins all-time sack list this season. Wake is the third Dolphins defensive end to be named to multiple Pro Bowls, joining Bill Stanfill (four times) and Jason Taylor (six times).
    http://dolphinsmedia.tumblr.com/post...ed-to-pro-bowl

vCash
    Ben Volin
    According to http://NFL.com , Brandon Fields was NOT named to the Pro Bowl. Only DE Cam Wake, elected a starter. Congrats to him

KC's Dustin Colquitt, 2nd in AFC net punting average (42.2) earned the Pro Bowl nod over Fields, who was 5th (41.2)

Laron Landry made it over Reshad Jones:
    @PFF's 122nd-ranked safety. RT @MikeGarafolo: LaRon Landry made the Pro Bowl, per @davidcanter
    Mike Pouncey also got snubbed:
    Pro Football Focus: The wrong Pouncey made it. #predictable

vCash
    Congratulations to Cam, but the pro bowl is a joke. I don't think they should get rid of it per se, but they need to figure something else out.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Reshad will get in. I can feel it.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Yeah it's about what I expected. Long might have made it in off his name alone had he been healthy. But Wake's the only real known national name we have so far. As the team improves we'll get more notice. Pouncey was deserving. And I agree with you Kody that Jones will get in. Big improvement this year for him.
    Wake Show!

vCash
    Fields didnt get in looks like its time to draft that LSU punter then

i have no idea how good any other center in the AFC has done nor am i a good judge for Oline

Wake was def going to make it as he has been a monster

Jones def has been great this yr and we needed it. this yr was a big question mark at the position and now that the year is just about through its good to know that we are set at one of the safety spots but im a huge Landry fan and was mad when the Jets signed him bc he was at the top of my free agent wish list last offseason and i think he is deserving of the Pro Bowl
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Richie Icognito
    I want to thank everybody who voted for me for Pro Bowl!! Thanks to your support I was selected as first alternate
    I can't take the pro bowl seriously anymore. The whole voting process is a joke.

Edit: Other alternates
    Courtney Fallon: Congrats Reggie Bush, Brian Hartline, Richie Incognito, M. Pouncey, Soliai, Starks, Brandon Fields: all voted Pro Bowl alternates. #Dolphins
    If the Texans go to the SB then Hartline, Richie and Pouncey will be on the team.
    Last edited by godolphins; 12-27-2012 at 05:50 PM.

vCash
    How does a team who is 2-13 have 5 players named to the pro bowl. That is a big joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    How does a team who is 2-13 have 5 players named to the pro bowl. That is a big joke.
    Ben Volin
    Not saying there's any validity to this, but the buzz in NFL circles is KC got 5 Pro Bowlers out of sympathy for Jovan Belcher situation

vCash
    Players legacys and contracts are on the line here, and were allowing fans to vote for this nonsense. Such a joke.

vCash
    The fan voting is only a third of it. Blame the players and coaches for not getting the other players on this team that deserved it like Pouncey and Reshad. Although I heard Pouncey's pissed so he'll be motivated next year.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Problem is players and coaches don't watch the entire NFL, just teams they play.

Its a bad system, always has been.

vCash
    The Probowl needs to mean something in order to make it competitive and fun to watch. They should reward the winning conference an extra home game so if AFC wins all AFC teams get 9 home games and NFC teams get 7. I think thats not a HUGE advantage but it does make it all worth something.

vCash
    i think the Pro Bowl should be left alone or get rid of it altogether. you cant have any other option. its a pointless game intended for everyone involved to have fun its not supposed to be taken seriously and thats the fun and beauty of it. its not meant to mean anything dont ruin it.

as for the voting thats difficult. people want to see the headliners. sometimes you will see someone undeserving get in and someone who isnt such a big name who had a better season not but i dont think it happens as much as people think. i just think people overreact and let their team fandom get in the way.

the only person i see that got snubbed was Richard Sherman which is sad to see. he should have been an obvious Pro Bowler as he and Tillman were the top 2 CBs in the entire league this year in my opinion

only other person that got snubbed was Russell Wilson and he would have to replace Matt Ryan who has had his best yr. you could go either way on that. personally i would have picked Wilson but cant blame them for picking Ryan.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    If I was the league I'd take that in a heartbeat.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast