Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Backs

vCash

Running Backs

Many of you have mentioned to get Steven Jackson. I have read that Beanie Wells says his days as a Cardinal are numbered and he may be available for a late round draft pick. Jackson will be 30 whereas Wells will be 25. They are both the same size. Do you think he would be a good fit. I'm just throwing it out there.

vCash
    Targets:
    S Jackson
    MJD
    B Wells

......yes to any for the right price!

vCash
    MJD would have to be a trade. SJax would probably assume a role similar to LT.....and Beanie. Could be interesting. He looks like crap this year. 2.7 a carry? Ehh. But averages 4 a carry in his career.

vCash
    I don't see Wells as an upgrade over Greene. We need a breakaway RB. Wells and Greene are about equal speed-wise (4.59 vs. 4.62 in the 40).

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Fair enough with everyone's comments.

My thinking to two go back to the 2 headed monster we had with jones-greene.

Bottom line we need to get better in the offensive line in order to be effective with the run. They say its a throwing league, but if you can run the ball effectively and control time of possession, you do 2 things. Consume time and wear out your opponents defense.

vCash
    FA: Chris Ivory, Rashard Mendenhall, Legarette Blount

Draft: Mike Gillislee, Joseph Randle, Andre Ellington, Stephan Taylor, Eddie Lacy

vCash
    Blount would b nice, but he's kind of a head case. He's been quiet though since punching a teammate his rookie year.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Blount would b nice, but he's kind of a head case. He's been quiet though since punching a teammate his rookie year.
    You'd be ****ed up too if your name was Legarette Blount.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    You'd be ****ed up too if your name was Legarette Blount.
    Guess so!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    steven jackson (age) & beanie wells (talent/play style) are terrible choices for us...

ive said it before, id LOVE to get chris ivory away from the saints...and honestly keep greene if his salary is reasonable.

greene is a punishing back, we cant deny that. hes a solid workhorse who (knock on wood) is great at staying healthy. ivory has moves, speed, and better vision. that would be two fairly young backs who compliment eachother very well without breaking the bank (hopefully)....sign me up!

vCash
    Chris Ivory would be a great pick up. I feel he can be a starter in this league, very explosive.

vCash
    I agree with Magoo I think.

Beanie Wells is the same player as Shonn Greene. He's a big strong lad and who runs in a straight line and will give you 1000 yards a season with enough carries.

_

I think if an elite player like MJD is available at a nice price, you'd be crazy not to look at him, but Wells is half decent, same as Greene.

I'm really interested to see what Powell can do if giving more carries. I think he has a fantastic attitude and character, and has shown flashes of being a bit more than half decent.

vCash
    Steve Jackson was a good, really tough RB - but he is SHOT! He runs straight up, and would not get through those little holes that Greene squirts through (for 3-8 yards), and is no longer a break-away threat!

MJD - I would be shocked if he ever gets back to where he was last year. Talk about over-use/abuse, AND, even so....he's going to cost A LOT! We don't have it.

I totally agree that we have enough "tough backs" with Greene and Powell - who is a little faster, and will even try and make someone miss. We don't need Wells, or Jackson, or any other grinders. WE NEED a break-awat back that can catch the ball out of the back-field, and block on 3rd down.

Chris Ivory fits "OUR MOLD" as he's big 6'0" 222 lbs, but is a step quicker than Powell and Greene, He runs a sub 4.5 40, and only has 252 carries, and has a career avg of 5.1 ypc, and hasn't fumbled since the 4 he put down as a rookie (although he had more carries his rookie year (2010) than he has in the last 2 years). he can break it though as he had a "55 yarder" in '10, and a "56 yarder" this year.

The Saints have 3 great RBs - not including Ivory, and he is a restricted FA at the end of the season. He made $620,867 this year which is almost double what he made his rookie year. He looks good, but I don't think he is in a position to demand big bucks, although I have a feeling he has star potential.

However - I hope the new GM believes in building through the draft, and an occasional FA - NO HIGH PRICED 30-somethings year old.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    McKnight should get carries before we bring other people in
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    MJD isn't worth trading for because he becomes a free agent in 2014, Why give up alot of picks and what not for a guy you might be able to sign in a year n a half

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast