Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Funny how Peppers got in this year but not last, when to me he was a lot more dominant last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    briggs (definitely) and urlacher (maybe) should have been in
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

vCash
    With Willis and Bowman I think its safe to say Urlacher will never play in a Pro Bowl again. Even if he did return for another couple of years.

vCash
    The exclusion of Briggs from the Pro-Bowl is outrageous. I bet he's the first OLB added to the roster as soon as one backs out or gets injured or however it happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    The exclusion of Briggs from the Pro-Bowl is outrageous. I bet he's the first OLB added to the roster as soon as one backs out or gets injured or however it happens.
    Greenway

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek View Post
    briggs (definitely) and urlacher (maybe) should have been in
    Urlacher doesn't even sniff the pro bowl this year, he hasn't been very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Urlacher doesn't even sniff the pro bowl this year, he hasn't been very good.
    This.

Briggs should be in it over Peps though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Cutler pretty much does what he wants. That's probably part of the reason you don't have top offensive coordinators wanting to come here. Hopefully he shows up Sunday and the playoffs should we make it.

I thought Briggs played well enough to earn a spot, but I can understand why he didn't make it.
    So do you think many coordinators would want to coach Rodgers or Peyton, because they are as much about doing what THEY want as any QB out there.

vCash
    I think the difference would be the level of understanding defenses that Cutler is at, and those 2. It's not even close.

You give them the keys to the offense and 5K in yardage is a certainty, more like 6K (total offense).

Clearly not the same with Cutler.

vCash
    I don't think Cutler does nearly as much as you seem to think.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Or wish? I want a maestro out there. Somebody who can see the holes pre-snap and orchestrate the perfect play to hit that weakness.

vCash
    Is it Cutler to blame for our lack of rhythm on offense or is it Tice??? The offense has not had any flow to it all year. I think with a different OC, that is experienced in play calling and one that will hold Jay accountable, our offense would be much better. Yes, of course, getting our O line fixed would help also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Or wish? I want a maestro out there. Somebody who can see the holes pre-snap and orchestrate the perfect play to hit that weakness.
    So you want Peyton? Because thats really who you're describing.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    You know, the sad truth is it might take a Peyton or somebody like him for this team seriously consider winning a Super Bowl anyway. If you go back over the last 20 years, there have been exactly 2 Super Bowl winning QBs that aren't in consideration for the Hall of Fame. Both times the winning QB beat another non HOF QB. 9 of the losing QBs are HOF caliber players, and McNair and Gannon were MVPs. So that's 29 of 40 Super Bowl QBs that were HOF worthy. And it's only gotten worse the last 5 years, where all 10 SB starting QBs are probably going to the Hall of Fame. You can quibble with Eli, I suppose, as statistically he's actually slightly worse than Cutler. But it's kind of jarring if you think about it. When you consider that Lovie has only had a halfway decent QB for 4 of his 9 seasons, and that he is 34-20 when Cutler finishes the game, 27-11 since the start of 2010 (63% and 71%, respectively) it makes you think maybe there really aren't that many, if any, clearly more qualified head coaches out there. But I don't think that at the end of his 7th season anybody is seriously considering Cutler as a potential HOF candidate, even if the Bears buck history and go all the way this year. It's kind of sobering to think that it's been a solid decade since the last time a non elite QB won the Super Bowl.

1992: Aikman (beat Kelly)
    1993: Aikman (beat Kelly)
    1994: Young (beat Humphries)
    1995: Aikman (beat O'Donnell)
    1996: Favre (beat Bledsoe)
    1997: Elway (beat Favre)
    1998: Elway (beat Chandler)
    1999: Warner (beat McNair)
    2000: Dilfer (beat Collins)
    2001: Brady (beat Warner)
    2002: Johnson (beat Gannon)
    2003: Brady (beat Delhomme)
    2004: Brady (beat McNabb)
    2005: Roethlisberger (beat Hasselbeck)
    2006: P. Manning (beat Grossman)
    2007: E. Manning (beat Brady)
    2008: Roethlisberger (beat Warner)
    2009: Brees (beat P. Manning)
    2010: Rodgers (beat Roethlisberger)
    2011: E. Manning (beat Brady)

OOTP TKO League Milwaukee Brewers 2010-2032:
    2011-1655, .549 Win %
    10 NL Central Titles, 2 Wild Card 12 Total Playoff Appearances
    1 World Series Title (2021)

Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you.

-Malcolm Reynolds

vCash

Melton, Jennings, Tillman, Peppers and Marshall named to Pro Bowl

A non elite QB has won 2 Super Bowls in 5 years. I guess Eli has been top 7ish for a season or two in his career but nothing elite

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast