Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    How many Bears WR have started the Pro Bowl? Did Marcus Robinson?
    No. Booker, then it goes back into the 70's

our future

vCash
    Wow Booker started? I know he had 100 catches but that was one of those years where a shitload of receivers did...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    We don't know this team won't be in the Super Bowl though. The offense has been stuck in a rut the last couple of weeks but honestly that's mostly because of Cutler and the non-Marshall receivers than anything else. Quite frankly Cutler has been awful the last 3 games, completing just 50.5% of his passes and averaging just 5.94 YPA. That's arguably the worst 3 games stretch he's had since 2009. But the silver lining is that he's only been sacked 6.1% of the time, which is well below his season average, and actually lower than his average as a Chicago Bear. In fact, going back to the Houston game, only the Packers were able to sack Cutler more than once. Now, if the Bears do get into the playoffs, they'll be facing the 49ers team that embarrassed them and benched Gabe Carimi on the road again, but I really feel like this team is closer to getting back to above average offensive football than it may appear at first. On the one hand, the offense has generated more than 2 touchdowns only once in the last 7 games, on the other, the sack rate on Cutler in particular has drastically improved. If Cutler can improve his level of accuracy to his normal 61% career rate, a place he was at after the Seattle game, I think this team can make some noise.
    Cutler's been awfully inaccurate lately and a lot of it is due to his footwork. He's all arm right now and hasn't been using his lower half, he hasn't squared his shoulders. Even on simple short routes he's throwing behind his target. He's been terrible.

vCash
    We don't know this team won't be in the Super Bowl though. The offense has been stuck in a rut the last couple of weeks but honestly that's mostly because of Cutler and the non-Marshall receivers than anything else. Quite frankly Cutler has been awful the last 3 games, completing just 50.5% of his passes and averaging just 5.94 YPA. That's arguably the worst 3 games stretch he's had since 2009. But the silver lining is that he's only been sacked 6.1% of the time, which is well below his season average, and actually lower than his average as a Chicago Bear. In fact, going back to the Houston game, only the Packers were able to sack Cutler more than once. Now, if the Bears do get into the playoffs, they'll be facing the 49ers team that embarrassed them and benched Gabe Carimi on the road again, but I really feel like this team is closer to getting back to above average offensive football than it may appear at first. On the one hand, the offense has generated more than 2 touchdowns only once in the last 7 games, on the other, the sack rate on Cutler in particular has drastically improved. If Cutler can improve his level of accuracy to his normal 61% career rate, a place he was at after the Seattle game, I think this team can make some noise.
    The offense has been stuck in a rut pretty much the whole season though.They've shown nothing all year, even with better protection as you pointed out. I hope you're right though.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Cutler's been awfully inaccurate lately and a lot of it is due to his footwork. He's all arm right now and hasn't been using his lower half, he hasn't squared his shoulders. Even on simple short routes he's throwing behind his target. He's been terrible.
    If you look at the last game the receivers are responsible for 50% of that 1-11 run.

I was worried that he would regress back after Martz was gone with his footwork and he has. But how can you really work on it with that line.

our future

vCash
    What is Jeremy Bates' job? Just simple things, like a slant - you can see he just wings it. You watch almost any other QB in the league, terrible line and all, and you see at least the simple ability to square the shoulders. You don't see that from Jay, he's missing all over the place on some of the simplest routes.

vCash
    What is Jeremy Bates' job? Just simple things, like a slant - you can see he just wings it. You watch almost any other QB in the league, terrible line and all, and you see at least the simple ability to square the shoulders. You don't see that from Jay, he's missing all over the place on some of the simplest routes.
    Jeremy bates ain't going to tell jay ****. That's why jay likes him, that's why jay hated Martz.

our future

vCash
    What a kush job. I bet Campbell has him on the pay no mind list, too.

vCash
    Congrats to the Bears players that made the Pro Bowl. I think that Briggs should have made it, also.

vCash
    The LB position is gonna be pretty much stacked with pass rushers from now on.

vCash
    In the 4-3 scheme, you would it would be hard to find a better OL than Briggs.

vCash
    Yeah but they don't categorize them by the scheme they play so of course if some dude racks up 15+ sacks he'll get in over Briggs. Besides, Greenway blows him out of the water aside from the TD's.

vCash
    Greenway is probably the only one that is better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    In the 4-3 scheme, you would it would be hard to find a better OL than Briggs.
    Greenway's miles ahead. I was reluctant to say that a year or two ago, but he is.

vCash
    Cutler pretty much does what he wants. That's probably part of the reason you don't have top offensive coordinators wanting to come here. Hopefully he shows up Sunday and the playoffs should we make it.

I thought Briggs played well enough to earn a spot, but I can understand why he didn't make it.
    Last edited by Mell413; 12-27-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast