Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    his younger brother Johnny Diaz is a christian music artist.

vCash
    championship!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Assuming he can stay healthy. I still want Hairston. I'm leary of a dude with 3 thumb surgeries.
    He has 3 thumbs. Just what we need. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    How the Offense is shaping up thus far

C
    Austin Romine
    Chris Stewart
    Francisco Cervelli

1B
    Mark Teixeira

2B
    Robinson Cano
    Jayson Nix

3B
    Kevin Youkilis

SS
    Derek Jeter
    Eduardo Nunez

LF
    Curtis Granderson

CF
    Brett Gardner

RF
    Ichiro Suzuki
    Matt Diaz
    Add that to our pitching rotation and you got yourself a solid middle of the road team, hello Blue Jays!!!

Dodger's fan talking to a bitter Red Sox fan after "the" trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Look at the bright side, your great, great, great grandkids will get to see a boston world series in another hundred years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pear1jamten View Post
    Add that to our pitching rotation and you got yourself a solid middle of the road team, hello Blue Jays!!!
    Blue Jays should be awesome!

J Johnson, Buerhle, Reyes.....I mean, we saw how they dominated the NL East in MIA as the "core acquisitions" w Stanton, H Ramirez and H Bell too

we shouldn't even play this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andobuger View Post
    Blue Jays should be awesome!

J Johnson, Buerhle, Reyes.....I mean, we saw how they dominated the NL East in MIA as the "core acquisitions" w Stanton, H Ramirez and H Bell too

we shouldn't even play this season
    Exactly, how are we supposed to contend with the 2012 Marlins + Melky?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Exactly, how are we supposed to contend with the 2012 Marlins + Melky?
    In fairness we were a better team offensively last year then we are right now.

Toronto already had Morrow and Romero. And now they've doubled the potency of their rotation. Granted Romeros numbers represented quite a drop off last season but now he will be relegated to the bottom of the rotational order where the pressure to carry that staff will be quite a bit lower and the workload can be eased off in terms of innings.

IF Toronto stays healthy they look to be a serious contender.

We have some work to do.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    In fairness we were a better team offensively last year then we are right now.

Toronto already had Morrow and Romero. And now they've doubled the potency of their rotation. Granted Romeros numbers represented quite a drop off last season but now he will be relegated to the bottom of the rotational order where the pressure to carry that staff will be quite a bit lower and the workload can be eased off in terms of innings.

IF Toronto stays healthy they look to be a serious contender.

We have some work to do.
    Toronto won 22 fewer games than we did last year. They have a lot of ground to make up. On paper, the rotation looks OK, although every one of their starters has question marks. Melky is another question mark. Reyes playing half his games on concrete has to be a concern too. If things fall right for them, they could move up to #2 in the division, since the Rays have gotten worse and the O's have done nothing to get better and will likely not win all the 1-run games they won last year. If things don't fall right for them, they could also end up like the 2012 Marlins, who were just as good on paper.

The Yankees are basically the same team that won 95 games minus Swisher and Martin. I don't think we've fallen as far as Toronto needs to climb.

vCash
    Toronto won 22 fewer games than we did last year. They have a lot of ground to make up. On paper, the rotation looks OK, although every one of their starters has question marks. Melky is another question mark. Reyes playing half his games on concrete has to be a concern too. If things fall right for them, they could move up to #2 in the division, since the Rays have gotten worse and the O's have done nothing to get better and will likely not win all the 1-run games they won last year. If things don't fall right for them, they could also end up like the 2012 Marlins, who were just as good on paper.

The Yankees are basically the same team that won 95 games minus Swisher and Martin. I don't think we've fallen as far as Toronto needs to climb.
    Swishers loss during the regular season will certainly downgrade this team a lot. I hate what he represented in October play, but he was invaluable in getting us there when others invariably slumped. The loss of Alex will also, even though he was out for a good portion of last year, affects IMHO.

Morrow and Johnson on a full season plus the speed of Reyes, Bonifacio (who has something to prove this year after hitting the DL 3 times last season), and Davis is a huge bonus for the Jays.

If the Jays had made a few minor or cosmetic adjustments then I would agree with you wholeheartedly but they made a whole team overhaul which means new beginnings IMO.

I think you may be overestimating our ability to win a bit but that is your opinional right. I just think theyre going to be a lot more energized this year and we are staring down deflation caused by escalating age and cost.

vCash
    You guys collectively made me laugh.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    You guys collectively made me laugh.
    We make me laugh too.

vCash
    We make me laugh too.
    Sauron knows not the sound of laughter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Swishers loss during the regular season will certainly downgrade this team a lot. I hate what he represented in October play, but he was invaluable in getting us there when others invariably slumped. The loss of Alex will also, even though he was out for a good portion of last year, affects IMHO.

Morrow and Johnson on a full season plus the speed of Reyes, Bonifacio (who has something to prove this year after hitting the DL 3 times last season), and Davis is a huge bonus for the Jays.

If the Jays had made a few minor or cosmetic adjustments then I would agree with you wholeheartedly but they made a whole team overhaul which means new beginnings IMO.

I think you may be overestimating our ability to win a bit but that is your opinional right. I just think theyre going to be a lot more energized this year and we are staring down deflation caused by escalating age and cost.
    A lot of Yankee fans don't like what you said but you speak the truth and this coming from a Yankee fan.

Any Yankee fan thinking we are going to do the same we did last year with the team we have this year is dreaming. The lost of Swisher, Ibanez & Jones is big, that's a lot of HR's (57) gone and we did nothing to replace them, Youk (19) only replaces ARod (18). We can only hope that Romine can hit well enough to stay in the lineup because both Ceravelli and Stewart are only defensive catchers. We have yet to sign a DH and there aren't many out there that can give us a legit power threat.

We rely on the HR to win games and losing that many HR's is going to hurt us. With Ichiro back as well as Gardner, we could only hope that the running game is back as well. If they steal loads of bases, maybe that can take place of the power we lost, it should disrupt the opposing pitchers.

As for our pitching, we only have two SP's that we can truly count on, CC and Kuroda. Pettitte is going to be 41 so we don' know what he's going to bring and both Nova and Hughes are question marks as well. Our bullpen is probably our best asset but Mo is also a question mark, he's 43 and coming back from major surgery and a whole year out of baseball. As great as he has been, does anyone really know if he'll be the Mo of old?

I'm not saying that the Blue Jays are going to take the East but with everything that they have done this off season they are a team that's going to make a lot of noise. It's not like they picked up a bunch of rejects, Johnson had enough time to recover from his injury and has always been a pretty good pitcher, Dickey has been really good the past three years and won the CY Young, Burhle doesn't need to be the staff ace, he'll be pitching 3rd, Morrow and Romeo will be just fine pitching on the bottom of the rotation. There hitting was good and should just be better next year with the addition of Reyes, Melky and Bonofacio especially the speed they bring. Don't count them out just yet!

vCash
    bluejays were really hurt last year also, this is the year brett lawrie breaks out and add him with encarnacion and bautista they can be really really good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    bluejays were really hurt last year also, this is the year brett lawrie breaks out and add him with encarnacion and bautista they can be really really good
    And the Yanks weren't hurt ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast