Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Was the loss of Manningham bigger than we thought?

IMO the lack of a 3rd WR I think is one of the reason why this offense is struggling. Yes Hixon having a decent season but he's not the big play threat Manningham was. We all know how boneheaded Manningham can be but one thing for sure, when we needed a big play when Cruz and Nicks weren't a factor, he seemed to come thru. Hixon you can tell lose alil of his explosiveness and besides Cruz we really don't have a deep threat. Your thoughts?
    Last edited by GiantsSwaGG; 12-26-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    The problem isn't that we don't have a 3rd WR, the problem is that our coaches can't decide who should be the third receiver. They had three guys fighting for that 3rd WR spot all season: Randle, Hixon and (Kind of) Barden. None of those guys could get in a rhythm on offense because the damn coaches couldn't just make the move and name one of them the official #3. All three of those guys would be solid #3's but the coaches dropped the ball on this one.

vCash
    No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    No
    But this is the simple way to say what I said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    IMO the lack of a 3rd WR I think is one of the reason why this offense is struggling. Yes Hixon having a decent season but he's not the big play threat Manningham was. We all know how boneheaded Manningham can be but one thing for sure, when we needed a big play when Cruz and Nicks weren't a factor, he seemed to come thru. Hixon you can tell lose alil of his explosiveness and besides Cruz we really don't have a deep threat. Your thoughts?
    Eh idk it was a big concern of mine going into the season but when guys got their chances at the 3rd or even 2nd spot when Nicks was out they played well. The bigger issue was Nicks was not even close to himself, so many plays that he and Eli use to make look easy were a struggle for him physically and never seemed on the same page. He had no burst all season and just couldn't get into that 2nd gear. Therefore teams were just all over Cruz..

So I believe MM would have certainly helped, he's got big play ability and is a deep threat teams must respect..

Our O Line fell apart.. specially when Locklear went on the IR, Eli has constantly been under pressure and certainly isn't handling it well. Our run game is so bad that teams play our pass, the only time I saw opposing teams put 8 in the box were either on 3rd and short or blitzes.

vCash
    I think if Nicks was full strength cruz would be makeing way more plays.....Manninghams catch against 49ers and of course superbowl were great but a healthy Nicks is what was missing from or receiving core this year...Randles up side is way higher than super Mario..

vCash
    Don't matter who your receivers are if your Oline sucks as bad as ours....Eli doesn't have the time needed to even get to the third receiver...

vCash
    we thought eli was passed a lot of things and this year he proved he isnt

vCash
    During every game and at the end of every game win or lose my biggest complaint is how Eli eyes down his number 3 receiver on 3rd down. Yes manningham is better then what we have but every route he ran he threw his arm in the air like he was open. I think all we need is a better OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    we thought eli was passed a lot of things and this year he proved he isnt
    I don't think it's that. It's that Eli has had no time to do anything in the pocket, so he's forcing throws instead of taking sacks. We know what he's capable of, but this offensive line and run game rarely gives him anything to work with. With Nicks banged up and Cruz the target of top defensive players as a result, we're toast in the passing game.

vCash
    I dont think so because we added Bennet who is a way better passing option the our recent TEs, also we have plenty of talent at the position. We havent drafted an OL in the top three picks in years and no body wants to mention our pathetic line up at LB.

I think we need a serious LBer in our roster. How many washed up players is Reece going to pick up in free agency before we make a serious move at LB. I think we focus too much on the DLine, who hasnt been producing, and if they cant produce, we lack an all-around LB that can pick up the slack. Corey Webster needs to go too, he's living off yesterday's breathe.

vCash
    Nope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    I don't think it's that. It's that Eli has had no time to do anything in the pocket, so he's forcing throws instead of taking sacks. We know what he's capable of, but this offensive line and run game rarely gives him anything to work with. With Nicks banged up and Cruz the target of top defensive players as a result, we're toast in the passing game.
    ehhh we can agree to disgaree

vCash
    I think losing Ballard and Jacobs were bigger hits than losing Manningham. Those guys were pretty damn good at blocking and buying time for Eli, which in turn gave time for Manningham to get open after more than likely running an awful route...

vCash
    Are people forgetting that for quite some time our OL led the league in sacks allowed? To a point where we didn't give up a sack in 3 weeks?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast