Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

No Pro Bowl for Luck, but Mathis and Wayne make it

Happy for Wayne and Mathis.

I thought Luck shoulda made it over Schaub. Pretty BS to me. AFC QBs were Brady, Manning, Schaub

vCash
    Lol Schaub? Really?

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Can I ask a legitimate question, why should Luck make it? Take out the passing yards and the Colts record and quite honestly, his numbers are Mark Sanchez-esque-- 54.3% completion percentage, 18 INT's, 9 Fumbles, QBR of 64.6 and rating of 75.6. That doesn't say Pro Bowl to me. I could think of at least 6 or 7 QB's I have in there over Luck after Brady and Manning.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Because he took a team that almost went 0-16 to the playoffs, with pretty garbage support. Below average defense, his only real weapon on offense is Wayne with the occasional Avery or Hilton big play, and absolutely NO running game. He has the work load of an elite QB yet he's a rookie, so he'll has his negatives in the #'s department, bnut he has 7 4th Q wins, most in the league. Schaub has the best O-line in the league, with the best running game, and a top 2-3 WR...yet his numbers still aren't elite. If Schaub had Romo type #s, I wouldn't complain. But the Texans only have 2 more wins than us with WAY better talent on both sides of the ball.

vCash
    If one of those 3 QB's makes the Super Bowl and Luck is the replacement does it go down as he is a "Pro Bowler" or is there some kind of asterisk involved being a replacement?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    If one of those 3 QB's makes the Super Bowl and Luck is the replacement does it go down as he is a "Pro Bowler" or is there some kind of asterisk involved being a replacement?
    considering he will be a rookie in the PB i dont think the asterisk is necessary. Especially in the AFC where the likes of Manning and Brady reside.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    There's a pretty good chance that Luck takes the trip to Hawaii since Brady or Manning will likely be in the superbowl.

Also what's cool is how our 2 UFA's re-signed with us this offseason. I'm sure they had better offers elsewhere but Mathis and Wayne came back and delivered for us.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I'm disappointed Pat Mac and Jerrell Freeman didn't make it. Freeman's been the one constant on our defense. We can expect him to be in there every play and he's shown to have playmaking ability.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I voted Jerrell Freeman and Dwayne Allen (for FB) amongst Wayne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Can I ask a legitimate question, why should Luck make it? Take out the passing yards and the Colts record and quite honestly, his numbers are Mark Sanchez-esque-- 54.3% completion percentage, 18 INT's, 9 Fumbles, QBR of 64.6 and rating of 75.6. That doesn't say Pro Bowl to me. I could think of at least 6 or 7 QB's I have in there over Luck after Brady and Manning.
    The Pro Bowl is a celebrity contest where the fans vote.

Jeff Saturday is the backup center in Green Bay and he made it.

There is no point in arguing stats to the reason one player should have made it over another.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Bingo. The pro bowl is about numbers, not W's.