Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    13,134
    vCash
    1500
    keller has to go

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,445
    vCash
    1500
    Should be interesting tomorrow. It's like Sanchez ghas a last audition ..


    !Tank the season for Bridgewater!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,855
    vCash
    1500
    I really dont care who stays or who goes - this team is screwed by our "cap" manager in mike tannenbaum - the only way we are gonna get good again these next few years is through the draft.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    14,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    What exactly has Rex done to justify being fired? If anyone is going to answer with "he knows nothing about the offense," don't waste your time. We have less talent on our team than Kansas City. It starts with Tannenbaum. There are very, VERY few people in the entire organization that I'd rather bring back over Rex.
    You've got to get the job done with what you have bucktown and at the end of the day, Rex Ryan is the man responsible for getting this team ready to play Sunday afternoon's. Yes, the talent isn't ideal, but look at the turnover Indianapolis had and they have managed to go 10-5 and clinch a wild card berth. Or how about Minnesota at 9-6, who can clinch a wild card Sunday with let's be honest, Adrian Peterson and not much more, especially with Harvin on IR? Heck, even the St. Louis Rams I believe have an outside shot at the playoffs; look how much better that team is with just adding Jeff Fisher.

    Good coaching makes things work with what they have. Look at San Francisco before Jim Harbaugh. They always were missing the playoffs and he comes in, the core is basically the same as before, and they go 13-3 his first year, win the division, and make the NFC Title game and with a win Sunday against lowly Arizona, will win the NFC West again.

    Are we right now any closer to New England? Can a Rex Ryan Jets team defeat a Houston, Denver, or Baltimore in the playoffs?
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,855
    vCash
    1500
    I don't like the fact that Rex stood by Mark for such a long period of time. YES, it was not all Marks fault but Rex stood by him to long.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,082
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    You've got to get the job done with what you have bucktown and at the end of the day, Rex Ryan is the man responsible for getting this team ready to play Sunday afternoon's. Yes, the talent isn't ideal, but look at the turnover Indianapolis had and they have managed to go 10-5 and clinch a wild card berth. Or how about Minnesota at 9-6, who can clinch a wild card Sunday with let's be honest, Adrian Peterson and not much more, especially with Harvin on IR? Heck, even the St. Louis Rams I believe have an outside shot at the playoffs; look how much better that team is with just adding Jeff Fisher.

    Good coaching makes things work with what they have. Look at San Francisco before Jim Harbaugh. They always were missing the playoffs and he comes in, the core is basically the same as before, and they go 13-3 his first year, win the division, and make the NFC Title game and with a win Sunday against lowly Arizona, will win the NFC West again.

    Are we right now any closer to New England? Can a Rex Ryan Jets team defeat a Houston, Denver, or Baltimore in the playoffs?
    Of the three teams you mentioned in the first paragraph, the Jets have played two of them this year and beat them both by double digits. The Colts have an actual franchise QB. The Vikings have great skills players. Harvin might've only been there half the year, but he was having an MVP like season until he got hurt. Then AP is playing in a different dimension. Even if AP is all they have, and he's not, it's still more than the Jets have.

    Next you use Jim Harbaugh as an example. He's in his first two years, and he came in with a lot more talent than Rex had, and Rex still went to the AFC title game in his first 2 years. If you're comparing division titles, the 49ers have played in what has previously been one of the weakest divisions in football.

    As for the last paragraph, you already know how I feel about the talent on the team. Do I think they could be competitive in a playoff game against any of those teams? Yes.

    The one thing I agree with you on is that Rex is the man responsible for getting the team ready on Sunday afternoons. And he's done so. Let's not say "work with what you have" and then point to teams with a lot more talent. Do you think Jim Harbaugh or Jeff Fisher could win with this team?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    Of the three teams you mentioned in the first paragraph, the Jets have played two of them this year and beat them both by double digits. The Colts have an actual franchise QB. The Vikings have great skills players. Harvin might've only been there half the year, but he was having an MVP like season until he got hurt. Then AP is playing in a different dimension. Even if AP is all they have, and he's not, it's still more than the Jets have.

    Next you use Jim Harbaugh as an example. He's in his first two years, and he came in with a lot more talent than Rex had, and Rex still went to the AFC title game in his first 2 years. If you're comparing division titles, the 49ers have played in what has previously been one of the weakest divisions in football.

    As for the last paragraph, you already know how I feel about the talent on the team. Do I think they could be competitive in a playoff game against any of those teams? Yes.

    The one thing I agree with you on is that Rex is the man responsible for getting the team ready on Sunday afternoons. And he's done so. Let's not say "work with what you have" and then point to teams with a lot more talent. Do you think Jim Harbaugh or Jeff Fisher could win with this team?
    This guy will never change his mind. He will always back-stab his team whenever a chance presents itself.....and when it doesn't, he'll exaggerate a point to align with his agenda. You're better off blocking him as he cannot be reasoned with. He's like a blow-up clown that you punch and he comes right back for more. It doesn't matter how clearly you fault his logic, he comes back for more. He's so wrong, so often and yet he continues his mantra. He will not listen to you. Trust me on this one. At least he's not ill-spirited towards the posters. But he is towards his team.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    14,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    This guy will never change his mind. He will always back-stab his team whenever a chance presents itself.....and when it doesn't, he'll exaggerate a point to align with his agenda. You're better off blocking him as he cannot be reasoned with. He's like a blow-up clown that you punch and he comes right back for more. It doesn't matter how clearly you fault his logic, he comes back for more. He's so wrong, so often and yet he continues his mantra. He will not listen to you. Trust me on this one. At least he's not ill-spirited towards the posters. But he is towards his team.
    Oh, I am wrong: If I remember correctly, I pointed out how bad Ducasse was a couple years ago and what happens this year-- Our o-line coach says playing Ducasse was a decision "from someone higher up!"

    Also, people bashed me when I said that there had to be something wrong with Holmes for Pittsburgh to only ask for a 5th round pick. How many people still want this guy on the team? Maybe Pittsburgh wasn't too far off!!

    I just see too many teams in the NFL today without a whole lot of talent who have much brighter futures than the Jets, regardless of record. I mention Indy because when you look at the Colts-- Luck at QB, Vick Ballard at RB, T.Y. Hilton at WR, Coby Fleener at TE, Jerrell Freeman at ILB-- All of these guys are rookies making significant contributions to their team. Even a team like the Browns or Rams; I like their future more than the Jets right now. And neither one of them are ultra-talented.

    And in terms of San Francisco, the core of that team is exactly the same as it was under Mike Singletary and the coach before him, a team that couldn't get above .500 and now they are one of the best teams in the NFC, even the NFL. I think better coaching had a little more to do with that then actually talent. Carlos Rogers, Donte Whitner, Dashon Goldson, Alex Smith, either taken off the scrap heap or left for dead and all have been turned around into much better players.

    I just wonder how long people continue to use 2 AFC Title games as rationale to keep Rex Ryan? We've done it with Sanchez; why can't we do it with Ryan and get the 3-ring circus out of town and get back to playing football. Just my opinion though!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,517
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Oh, I am wrong: If I remember correctly, I pointed out how bad Ducasse was a couple years ago and what happens this year-- Our o-line coach says playing Ducasse was a decision "from someone higher up!"

    Also, people bashed me when I said that there had to be something wrong with Holmes for Pittsburgh to only ask for a 5th round pick. How many people still want this guy on the team? Maybe Pittsburgh wasn't too far off!!

    I just see too many teams in the NFL today without a whole lot of talent who have much brighter futures than the Jets, regardless of record. I mention Indy because when you look at the Colts-- Luck at QB, Vick Ballard at RB, T.Y. Hilton at WR, Coby Fleener at TE, Jerrell Freeman at ILB-- All of these guys are rookies making significant contributions to their team. Even a team like the Browns or Rams; I like their future more than the Jets right now. And neither one of them are ultra-talented.

    And in terms of San Francisco, the core of that team is exactly the same as it was under Mike Singletary and the coach before him, a team that couldn't get above .500 and now they are one of the best teams in the NFC, even the NFL. I think better coaching had a little more to do with that then actually talent. Carlos Rogers, Donte Whitner, Dashon Goldson, Alex Smith, either taken off the scrap heap or left for dead and all have been turned around into much better players.

    I just wonder how long people continue to use 2 AFC Title games as rationale to keep Rex Ryan? We've done it with Sanchez; why can't we do it with Ryan and get the 3-ring circus out of town and get back to playing football. Just my opinion though!
    Jet fans relish Championship GAMES, as opposed to SB titles!!!! Many people still forget that first AFC run Rex basically said we were out of the playoffs! Of course Indy had different ideas and let us in the dance.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    897
    vCash
    1500
    Players we need to go:

    Tebow (for him and us)
    Pace (lost too much speed)
    Scott (same)
    Eric Smith (isnt any good)
    Sanchez (we need a fresh start, and that cant happen with him and his salary on the bench)

    Players who can go for the right price/or if they cost us too much:

    Keller
    Landry
    Wilson

    _

    Also Sporano needs to be gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •