Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who Stays and Who Goes?

Long time Jets Fan and reader of this Jets Forum here on psd, and after a season that has been as embarrassing and destructive as any I have ever seen I had to create an account and share my thoughts on how to fix the current disaster of a situation we find our Jets in.

I will try to sum it up as easy as possible because no body wants to/will read a long post from a first time poster

GM- Bye Tanny

HC- Rex has got to come back. He doesnt deserve it from his off the field issues with the press. But he 100%deserves it from his defense.

OC- Bye Sporano! Every offensive coach should walk

QB- BYE- Sanchez and Tebow (EIther cut or late round picks)
    Sign/Keep- Greg Mcileroy is back and a veteran qb as a stopgate(Smith or Vick)

RB- Bye- Shonn Greene (You slow *****) and Mcknight fumble-itis
    Sign/ Keep- Bilal Powell (He is the Next Kevin Faulk!)
    -Sign (Steven Jackson/DeAngelo Williams)
    -Trade (Tebow and a 2nd for MJD) HEY YOU NEVER KNOW!

WR- BYE- Santonio Holmes too ignorant/arrogant. Cancer
    Keep- Kerely, Braylon,and Hill (GOOD CORE)
    Sign- A blue collar possession receiver that is a class act

OL- BYE- Slauson

DL- BYE Pouha
    Keep-A great core of quinto, mo, and devito. Ellis has to show up soon

LB- BYE- Pace, Thomas, Scott
    Keep- Harris and Davis and must go after faste/younger lbs thru draft/free agency

CB- 2 options- 1) Trade Revis for nothing less than 2 years worth of first round picks and a combination of later round picks in this current years draft. Leaves you with Cro and Wilson and a lot of freed money

2) Sign Revis and pair him with Cromartie. Let Wilson walk

Safetys- Bring back LaRon and Bell
    - Can we Finally release Eric Smith, Please!!

DRAFT- 1) Gotta Explore guard/Line Backer

2) Once again guard/Linebacker

..The Rest of the draft I have not researched when we pick

I look forward to posting on this site and Happy Holidays Guys

vCash
    i don't understand why everyone thinks Holmes is such a cancer. What, other then the problem at the end of last season, has he done?! He's been supportive of the Jets on twitter and I saw him even travel with the team to Tennessee to support them. I think everyone's misunderstanding the situation and that Plaxico was the main reason the locker room splintered.

If we have a WR core of Holmes, Edwards, Kerley and Hill, I wouldn't mind that.
    twitter.com/heymangold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnclss View Post
    i don't understand why everyone thinks Holmes is such a cancer. What, other then the problem at the end of last season, has he done?! He's been supportive of the Jets on twitter and I saw him even travel with the team to Tennessee to support them. I think everyone's misunderstanding the situation and that Plaxico was the main reason the locker room splintered.

If we have a WR core of Holmes, Edwards, Kerley and Hill, I wouldn't mind that.
    I don't understand how anyone can realistically think either Sanchez and Holmes won't be here next year.

Neither can be traded with their contrcts, and cutting Sanchez will further handcuff the Jets from a salary cap perspective.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I don't understand how anyone can realistically think either Sanchez and Holmes won't be here next year.

Neither can be traded with their contrcts, and cutting Sanchez will further handcuff the Jets from a salary cap perspective.

You have to be crazy to believe that Sanchez will be back next year. How can the Jets possibly have him on the side line? The Jets will clear themselves entirely from the Sanchez era. Regardless of the cap hit, Sanchez will not be back with the Jets next season. His time here is over and it is clear that is time to move on.

vCash
    I love Rex guys... yeah he pisses us off at times but hes missing great things that will prevent him from becoming a great coach. He's too nice, specifically to Sanchez. He's loyal which is a good trait to the end to his players, but is it worth losing games? You can only stand by a guy who is sucking for so long before you have to make a change and Rex waited way to long, hopefully he learns from this mistake. I want to see Rex next year, give him one more year and if he messes up, so be it. When all our cap is coming off the books in the next couple of years if Rex still can't win again then its time to make a total rehaul and bring in Gruden and a new gm. Just my opinion.

vCash
    Poor Sanchez...
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    You have to be crazy to believe that Sanchez will be back next year. How can the Jets possibly have him on the side line? The Jets will clear themselves entirely from the Sanchez era. Regardless of the cap hit, Sanchez will not be back with the Jets next season. His time here is over and it is clear that is time to move on.
    You are kidding yourself Jet Life if you think Sanchez will be gone. With 8.25 million guarantee and like a 17 million cap hit for a team already 20+ million over= Sanchez back with the Jets and yes, I will say it, probably STARTING!

Same goes for Holmes. He will be back and starting from day 1.

After next season, a whole different story!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    I hope they can find a taker, but I'm not sure they will. They've damaged him so badly, I can't imagine a team taking on his $8.25MM.

If they Jets eat most of the money, they'll have nothing left to spend on a replacement...which means they'll be dumpster diving for QB's in the offseason, most likely leading them to someone like Matt Moore.

I think they'll rationalize that if they're paying Sanchez, and don't have a legit replacement, they need to bring him into camp to compete against the new guy with better weapons around him.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Who goes: Greene, Hilliard, Keller(sorry), Moore, Pace, Thomas, Scott, Pouha, Devito & the worst of the worst Eric Smith.

Some thoughts: I like Greene but not as feature back, Keller better not be franchised, prolly bring back one of those 2 DL. And honestly if we stay in 3-4 we should bring back Bart Scott as a reserve for the low. That's just a quick take on who should be outta here.

vCash
    I know this may be dumb to ask, but if we can fire Mangini after a 9-7 campaign, why can't we fire Rex after a 6-10 or 7-9 campaign after last year's 8-8 season where we didn't look good at all? When do the 2 AFC Title appearances stop being justification to keep him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    You are kidding yourself Jet Life if you think Sanchez will be gone. With 8.25 million guarantee and like a 17 million cap hit for a team already 20+ million over= Sanchez back with the Jets and yes, I will say it, probably STARTING!

Same goes for Holmes. He will be back and starting from day 1.

After next season, a whole different story!
    HAHAHA Mark Sanchez probably STARTING NEXT YEAR?!!?? Come on man, they guy was named starter week 17 of a pointless season for his injured replacement and the entire fan base is losing their minds

They are going to/have to move him out of a town, if they truly are trying to rebuild and show the fans at least a little something. Hey would you rather have 8.75 million sitting on the bench with the cameras all over him showing him pout like a 5 year old? Would that justify the ridiculous contract in your eyes????

Sanchez has had probably the best 8 year stretch in all of football. He was the backup quarterback for USC for his entire career, played 15 games got paid a lot of money in a major market. He has slayed more dimes then we could probably imagine. He is a real life Alex Moran, for you fellow Blue Mountain State fans, great show. Respect mang

vCash
    HAHAHA Mark Sanchez probably STARTING NEXT YEAR?!!?? Come on man, they guy was named starter week 17 of a pointless season for his injured replacement and the entire fan base is losing their minds

They are going to/have to move him out of a town, if they truly are trying to rebuild and show the fans at least a little something. Hey would you rather have 8.75 million sitting on the bench with the cameras all over him showing him pout like a 5 year old? Would that justify the ridiculous contract in your eyes????

Sanchez has had probably the best 8 year stretch in all of football. He was the backup quarterback for USC for his entire career, played 15 games got paid a lot of money in a major market. He has slayed more dimes then we could probably imagine. He is a real life Alex Moran, for you fellow Blue Mountain State fans, great show. Respect mang
    You laugh my friend, but answer me this: Who is going to take that contract in a trade? NO ONE!!!!

You are 20+ million over next year's cap and have 7 guys eating up 80 million worth of space. Money isn't going to be this free-flowing thing. Are you ready to take a 17+ million cap hit given that to just release him? I don't see it happening.

So if Sanchez IS back, are you going to put a guy making 8.25 million on the bench? I just can't see it happening, especially given that Tebow will be gone, McElroy hasn't separated himself that much, and so on.

I know I will get laughed at for saying it, but I will not be shocked at all if week 1 next season, Mark Sanchez isn't under center starting for the NY Jets. In 2014, will likely be a different story.

vCash
    Haven't been posting in the Jets forum much lately because, quite frankly, there hasn't been much to say. This team is an utter disaster right now from top to bottom. I just hope we can bring someone into this organization who has a high football IQ and a knack for finding good value/talent in the drafts going forward. The main reason we have been struggling is that we haven't had any impact draftees over the past few years, and it's starting to rear its ugly head. We need an overhaul on offense big time.

vCash

That's the problem with these Jets. They've tried too hard to "show the fans" and it has caused bad decisions. They need to sit down in a private room and say "We don't give a flying fornication what the fans or media want us to do. We are going to make football decisions whether they're popular or not."

Keeping Sanchez (if he's kept) will be a football decision because they can afford more with him on the team than if he's gone due to his cap situation. Keeping Sanchez also means that the team can't afford a top tier QB in 2013, so it would also be a football decision to have Sanchez compete with the best guy they can afford...and let the better man win.

If they had done this we probably never would have drafted Sanchez in the first place, or given out some of those contracts that have hamstrung them in 2011-2013.

In 2013, the little money that the Jets will have to spend should be spent on Landry, O-Line, RB, and WR (with an OC who knows how to run an offense and make in game adjustments). Then whomever is the starting QB will look a lot better than the 3 guys who were here this year.

The smartest football decision the Jets can make might be to improve as much as they can to help the offense, but understand that 2013 might not be their year. And if the fans don't like it, **** 'em. It kind of looks like they used 2012 as a transitional year, but I don't think they saw it that way...or at least will never admit it.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I know this may be dumb to ask, but if we can fire Mangini after a 9-7 campaign, why can't we fire Rex after a 6-10 or 7-9 campaign after last year's 8-8 season where we didn't look good at all? When do the 2 AFC Title appearances stop being justification to keep him?
    What exactly has Rex done to justify being fired? If anyone is going to answer with "he knows nothing about the offense," don't waste your time. We have less talent on our team than Kansas City. It starts with Tannenbaum. There are very, VERY few people in the entire organization that I'd rather bring back over Rex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast