Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is it just me? I dont see the Nuggets posting up

Is it just me? I don't see the Nuggets posting up or playing any inside out basketball with any regularity. I see a lot of jumpshots and slashing to the rim a lot but very little if any traditional inside out basketball. The only guy I see allowed to post is Miller usually this season. Is this by design? Or based on the players?

vCash
    They let JaVale do it 3 to 4 times a game during his 18 minutes he gets.... and 1 of those post ups is always wild. Occationally Faried will get a chance based on match up... otherwise your right, pretty much Miller or nothing. Good thing we don't need inside out game since we can't hit any open outside shots... so... you know... it all works out!!! ugh!!!

Say it ain't so Von say it ain't so!!!

vCash
    We don't have any consistent post players apart from Miller. Faried and McGee are too raw erratic in the post to run inside-out plays for them.

vCash
    Gallo used to post up ala Dirk but I do not see that happening in Denver. I think it would be nice to see a more organized team oriented organized offense. Maybe bring in a post player. Making teams commit to the lane might make the outside shooting numbers go up a bit. The points in the paint numbers are good but I think they are a bit misleading.

vCash
    They don't trust JaVale or Faried. Never gave Koufos the chance.

Only Dre pretty much.

And even though he would be a huge asset there (because he would be posting up smaller guards more often than not)..we don't go there as often as we should.

There's not much of a scheme being used by Karl.

vCash
    This scheme reminds me of D Antoni. 4 guys outside for jump shots or drives. Very little in terms of post ups. I think a more traditional scheme would be good for guys. They could have real identified roles out there. Right now the team has no idea night to night who is going to do what. Some nights its Gallo. Others he disappears. Ditto TY. Ditto Iggy. Ditto Farried. The goals I see are to beat teams down court and drive a lot. Those are good goals but some organized half court offense with traditional set plays would be nice as well.

vCash
    theres a reason why we dont post up and thats cause none of our Pf/C have a post up move or any post skills

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    This scheme reminds me of D Antoni. 4 guys outside for jump shots or drives. Very little in terms of post ups. I think a more traditional scheme would be good for guys. They could have real identified roles out there. Right now the team has no idea night to night who is going to do what. Some nights its Gallo. Others he disappears. Ditto TY. Ditto Iggy. Ditto Farried. The goals I see are to beat teams down court and drive a lot. Those are good goals but some organized half court offense with traditional set plays would be nice as well.
    I don't think the scheme that Coach Karl is trying to get the Nugget's to run is quite as simplistic as you make it out to be.

With no true low post presence the emphasis in GK's offense is for the point guard to get below the free throw line and from there use the team's athleticism to create match up problems for the opposing defense.

I think GK's frustration with Ty was his unwillingness to do this on a consistent basis thus the reason for the 2 point guard lineups, but last night Ty ran it to perfection. Look at Andre's minutes and Ty's assist total, but more telling than anything was having the DPOY get a flagrant 2 on Faried because he was frustrated that he was outworking and outplaying him.
    Last edited by eman; 12-27-2012 at 05:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    I don't think the scheme that Coach Karl is trying to get the Nugget's to run is quite as simplistic as you make it out to be.

With no true low post presence the emphasis in GK's offense is for the point guard to get below the free throw line and from there use the team's athleticism to create match up problems for the opposing defense.

I think GK's frustration with Ty was his unwillingness to do this on a consistent basis thus the reason for the 2 point guard lineups, but last night Ty ran it to perfection. Look at Andre's minutes and Ty's assist total, but more telling than anything was having the DPOY get a flagrant 2 on Faried because he was frustrated that he was outworking and outplaying him.
    I agree that GK wants the guards and others slashing in to the lane but that is not what I'm referring to. The team could post up Gallo. He used to use a few pretty nice post up moves. I would also play Gallo at PF some more. In regards to organized offense I'm speaking about running more organized preplanned plays instead of so much free lancing. Call a play that involves some double screens for a guy to get open. Or a post and kick. Or a post and drop off. Force other teams to double team guys. I like GK. I just think some organization added to the offense at times could really help the teams consistency when the jump shots are not falling or when other teams are playing tight defense. Play a team preplanned offense at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    We don't have any consistent post players apart from Miller. Faried and McGee are too raw erratic in the post to run inside-out plays for them.

I agree wholeheartedly!