Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm hoping Felton sits it out tonight so we can see how we can do with Pablo playing with the starters.

vCash
    Felton questionable vs. Suns
    December, 26, 2012
    Dec 26

4:12

PM ET

By Jared Zwerling | ESPNNewYork.com
    The Knicks have listed Raymond Felton as questionable for the Wednesday night game against the Suns with a sprained right pinkie finger.

The injury occurred during the third quarter of Tuesday afternoon's game against the Lakers, when Felton and Steve Nash both dove for a loose ball.

After the game, Felton told reporters, "I ain't the same with it," referring to his shooting hand.

"Right now, it hurts like hell," the starting point guard said. "Knowing me, I won't sit out the game for any reason. But if it bothers me the way it did in the fourth quarter where I couldn't shoot the ball like I wanted to, or pass the ball, I am not going to play on it."

The finger isn't Felton's only injury. He's also dealing with bone bruises on both hands, which have partly led to his poor shooting nights recently. He's now below 40 percent from the field for the first time this season. That has allowed defenses to lay off him on the outside and collapse further on Tyson Chandler. Against the Bulls and Lakers, both losses for the Knicks, the starting center had five and six points, respectively.

With Felton on a slide, Mike Woodson has been shifting more point-guard duties to J.R. Smith, who's been playing well, but as more of a scorer. The Knicks need the Felton-Chandler pick-and-roll to return to form. The combo had been on a tear through Dec. 19, contributing a great deal to the team's winning ways. In fact, they were leading the NBA in alley-oop finishes by a large margin.

Through 28 games, all starts, Felton is averaging 15.8 points, 6.3 assists and 1.2 steals in 33 minutes per game.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    I'm hoping Felton sits it out tonight so we can see how we can do with Pablo playing with the starters.
    So scenario one we lose without our starting pg, that stinks

So scenario two we win without our starting pg and a few posters go ape on Felton, that stinks

vCash
    But let me add ,we are onto the East without Amare and Iman, soooooooo

And we won two games without Melo, sooooooooooo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    But let me add ,we are onto the East without Amare and Iman, soooooooo

And we won two games without Melo, sooooooooooo
    I just always felt like he wasnt putting Pablo in position to be successful. A few times he did put Cope out there with him, but I don't think he used Pablo enough.

vCash
    woodson overplayed most of our best players in the 2nd half last night. i thought the point of camby was to keep chandler out of foul trouble

anyway hope that doesnt happen tonight

vCash
    And Woodson was just sitting there letting Felton shoot us out of games. Melo even went up to him and told him to stop throwing the ball at the rim with those stupid floaters he hardly hits. I know he wanted to tell him to stop shooting but he couldn't do that in front of the cameras.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    So scenario one we lose without our starting pg, that stinks

So scenario two we win without our starting pg and a few posters go ape on Felton, that stinks

How about scenario three...Raymond gets some deserving rest, Pablo plays point and the Knicks win. Fans realize that Ray is still our starting point guard but has been playing injured which has affected his game. Woody and the fans also realize that it's a great idea to play Pablo a bit more than garbage minutes here and there until Ray is healthy.

vCash
    Felton is hurt in both hands. That is why his shot is off. Knicks can win with Pablo. If they play like last night they should win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    I just always felt like he wasnt putting Pablo in position to be successful. A few times he did put Cope out there with him, but I don't think he used Pablo enough.
    I do agree a lot of the time Pablo is out there without anyone to pick and roll with. It sort of makes him useless, and Novak rarely gets open in the half court unless its off the defense collapsing on pick and rolls. We've seen too many times Prigs running pick and rolls with Camby and Wallace who simply don't thrive running it. Whether STAT starts or not, he needs to get pretty much all of Prigs minutes. Those two are gonna be lethal on the pick and roll.

vCash
    felton needs to rest those hands, or stop shooting jumpers.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    This game....

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    Have to beat the teams we should beat, although we're pretty banged up. However, if we can play tighter defense, we should win this game.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Yea I figured Felton has been injured..and last night didnt help. He should sit out tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    This game....
    Huh?

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast