Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game Thread- Knicks @ Suns: Let the Ray's shine tonight!

vs

Date: Wednesday, December 26, 2012
    Time: 9:00PM EST

TV: MSG/NBA

(11-17)

Goran Dragic - Shannon Brown - Jared Dudley - Luis Scola - Marcin Gortat

(20-8)

Raymond Felton | Jason Kidd | Ronnie Brewer | Carmelo Anthony | Tyson Chandler

PG: Raymond Felton vs. Goran Dragic:

PF: Luis Scola vs. Carmelo Anthony:

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Knicks vs Suns Preview

The New York Knicks got off to their best start in decades due in large part to consistent 3-point shooting. They've recently struggled to hit from outside, and the team's recent slide looks like no coincidence.

The Knicks will try to avoid rare consecutive losses on Wednesday night when they visit the Phoenix Suns.

New York has employed the league's most 3-point-oriented offense all season, firing a league-high 29.2 3-pointers a game. The Knicks (20-8) have also been efficient, making 11.5 to shoot 39.5 percent.

But the team's long-range shooting has gone cold, with New York connecting on 31.2 percent over the last five games, contributing to three losses in that span.

The Knicks' 100-94 loss against the Lakers on Christmas marked the second time this season they lost three times in a five-game span. They've yet to drop three in a row.

A victory to open this three-game trip was within reach with New York holding a nine-point lead in the third quarter, but it was limited to 16 fourth-quarter points -- two shy of a season low -- and hit 9 of 26 from beyond the arc. The 34.6 3-point percentage was actually the team's second-best during the last five games.

Carmelo Anthony scored 34 and J.R. Smith added 25, but the duo combined for only 12 in the final quarter.

"We missed a lot of easy shots ... shots that we normally make," said Anthony, who ranks near the top of the NBA at 28.3 points per game, the second highest average of his career.

"There were some plays that we thought should have went our way down the stretch, but for the most part, we fought. I'll take this effort any night. If we continue to play with this effort, we'll win a lot of games."

The Suns (11-17) come in having lost two in a row after winning four straight. They matched a season-low point total in a 103-77 home loss to the Clippers on Sunday.

Phoenix, too, has struggled from long range recently, going 8 of 36 (22.2 percent) in the last two defeats. The Suns also committed 16 turnovers against Los Angeles, which could prove costly against a Knicks squad averaging a league-low 10.8 turnovers per game.

"They can afford to turn the ball over a few times," said center Marcin Gortat, as the Clippers also had 16 turnovers. "Our team can't fall for that. We have to run what the coach is telling us to run and to execute."

New York continues to await the season debut of former Sun Amar'e Stoudemire, who likely won't return until after the this trip, which concludes Friday at Sacramento.

Stoudemire hasn't played after undergoing left knee surgery in the offseason, but shot some before Tuesday's game against the Lakers.

"I'm not quite there yet, but I'm making progress," said Stoudemire, who averaged 17.5 points and 6.8 rebounds last year. "I've just got to stay patient and stay ready. We've been doing extremely intense work, as far as cardio."

Marcus Camby, who appeared in only six of New York's first 26 games because of a sore left foot, played on Tuesday for the first time since Nov. 26. He had four points and four rebounds in eight minutes.

The Knicks beat the Suns 106-99 on Dec. 2 behind Anthony's 34 points. They ended a seven-game losing streak in Phoenix with a 121-96 rout on Jan. 7, 2011.

vCash
    We need to get these last two games of the year. 22-8 please.

Go Knicks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Can't wait to finally see this team in person!!!! Go Knicks!!!!!

Lets start a new winning streak!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    Can't wait to finally see this team in person!!!! Go Knicks!!!!!

Lets start a new winning streak!!!
    I'll be at the game tonight too!

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Please Woody utilize Pablo and Copeland tonight and Ray please don't over shoot!!! Fingers crossed..Should be a fun game.

vCash
    This is the game that will tell us if we have some deep concerning issues or not. I don't like the back to backs with flights involved but it was an early game yesterday so its not like they got into PHX at 3am.

PHX sucks but if we don't defend they can light it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    I'll be at the game tonight too!
    bringing my 3 boys ..thank god 1 is old enough to drive home!!!

vCash
    FREE Pablo..!

vCash
    Somebody needs to call the COPS on Mr. Hakeem Olajuwon ASAP!!!!!! He charged Tyson Chandler 100K this summer to teach him some " POST MOVES" and I havent seen shid yet!!! Not even a dam baby hook.

FCUK THE DREAM

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    Somebody needs to call the COPS on Mr. Hakeem Olajuwon ASAP!!!!!! He charged Tyson Chandler 100K this summer to teach him some " POST MOVES" and I havent seen shid yet!!! Not even a dam baby hook.

FCUK THE DREAM
    Chandler Backed out of that workout

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    Chandler Backed out of that workout

Well that explains it.

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    I actually believe we will come out strong after a tough loss in LA.. BUT yea the games this past month has been caught up to us and back to back doesn't help at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    This is the game that will tell us if we have some deep concerning issues or not. I don't like the back to backs with flights involved but it was an early game yesterday so its not like they got into PHX at 3am.

PHX sucks but if we don't defend they can light it up.
    I've taken that flight many times, its like going from eastern LI to the City

This should not be an issue.

The only player that I'm starting to get any concern with is Kidd, fatigue must be catching up with him and he played 34 min last night, so in a back to back Woody should not play him 30+ tonight.

Although both JR and melo logged over 40 min last night I don't feel there is a problem with either of them and not like melo didn't have some games off.

I want to see the following tonight:

Chandler back to dominating
    Ray shining tonight and actually passing up shots to feed others
    Novak hit 4 threes
    Melo be on
    Cope get in the game and maybe White
    Camby be the old Camby or sort of........

Okay lets do this........

vCash
    I've read Felton is doubtful for tonight

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast