Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Taj and his improved free throw form.

For the first time I noticed that Taj has changed his free throw for for the better. He no longer takes this big dip down like he's about to take a s#it in a Japanese floor toilet. It's still there but far less pronounced and the result is a much smoother motion. I wonder if that had a carryover effect on his jumper and is taking a while to adjust to doing it in motion. His j's looked good yesterday.

vCash
    if Gibson can keep up this free throw rate, that would be phenomenal. Especially once Boozer's gone and he plays more minutes. But his jumper still sucks and his numbers are still on a downward slope.

vCash
    I wish, but Taj still shows his tendency to hesitate/delay his face up jumper (particularly when he's wide open) - aka he lacks shooting rhythm, holds onto the ball too long in his release, and still places his support hand in between his shooting trajectory and the basket. We've discussed mechanically flawed shooters who have found ways to succeed (and even be great), but Taj isn't even remotely on the same trajectory as some of those players.

It's still relatively early in his career, but I don't think Taj will find any real gains in his shooting game. I would much rather focus on his continued progress with his basketball intelligence, passing, and hands than hold out hope for something I don't see possible.

If Taj can continue to make strides defensively and off the glass, he will be a successful player who could start on some lesser talented teams or become a vital piece on a contending team. I would be happy with that coming off the bench for the remainder of his contract.

vCash
    Taj needs to get to at least 37% between 16-23 feet and at least 40% between 10-15 feet in order for him to be the player we all hoped he could be. He's not efficient enough anywhere on the floor to make up for his woeful shooting from 10 feet and out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    I wish, but Taj still shows his tendency to hesitate/delay his face up jumper (particularly when he's wide open) - aka he lacks shooting rhythm, holds onto the ball too long in his release, and still places his support hand in between his shooting trajectory and the basket. We've discussed mechanically flawed shooters who have found ways to succeed (and even be great), but Taj isn't even remotely on the same trajectory as some of those players.

It's still relatively early in his career, but I don't think Taj will find any real gains in his shooting game. I would much rather focus on his continued progress with his basketball intelligence, passing, and hands than hold out hope for something I don't see possible.

If Taj can continue to make strides defensively and off the glass, he will be a successful player who could start on some lesser talented teams or become a vital piece on a contending team. I would be happy with that coming off the bench for the remainder of his contract.
    Been saying this for the past year but Shammy and Jpro think otherwise. This year he seems to be out of sync like he was when someone close to him died.

vCash
    That's not what you've said though Ezio... you said he shouldn't be practicing anything other than being in the low-post, which is silly.

vCash
    Right because the post only includes being under the rim

vCash
    But that's not what you said multiple times months ago... you said he should only focus on his post-up moves.

vCash
    If Taj can knock down those 16-23 footers like Joakim can, D.Rose would always have an open lane to drive to.

vCash
    Exactly. Noah's also taking a career high in attempts per game from mid-range, attempting 57 shots over 27 games at a respectable 38.6% clip. If Gibson can just get up to that, it would be more than enough. Two attempts a game at a decent clip and Gibson could be a top-15 PF in the league with his post-game and awesome defense/rebounding.