Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a tiny cottage in the woods
    Posts
    7,309
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Punk being #2 is quite high. Plus no angle.

    I can see him being top 20 and maybe even getting into my top 15. He needs to sustain his current level though. The fact that he couldn't put together an entertaining run as a babyface hurts his chances of ever getting beyond 15 for me.

    Top 10 performers need great face and heel runs on my list.
    Never liked Angle that much. Maybe I'm bias but Punk and Austin is what I believed saved the WWE. If the Attitude era never happened we would have never seen all those Austin and Vince rivals, or hear Punks break out speech he gave on Raw last year. And who wouldn't want to see a Punk vs Austin WM match.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY:24882772
    ^What do you know? You have Andrew Bynum in uniform as your avatar. Ryder has a better chance at the WWE title. lol I'm just kidding.
    lol I think bynum and ryder have the same hair stylist. Every game Bynum misses causes the 76ers forum to get a little more depressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,159
    vCash
    1500
    There is no way Punk is top 10, 20, 25 or I can possible make an argument for top 50 if I took the time. He hasn't had any long term success at the time to warrant such claim. Right now people are on the bandwagon for him being top 10 because he is the flavor of the month. Here are names I can throw out that he has no business being ahead of. This is in no order by the way.

    1. Bruno Sammartino
    2. Hulk Hogan
    3. Ric Flair
    4. The Undertaker
    5. Rowdy Piper
    6. Macho Man
    7. The Rock
    8. Steve Austin
    9. Shawn Michaels
    10. Bret Hart
    11. Sting
    12. HHH
    13. John Cena
    14. Andre the Giant
    15. Kurt Angle
    16. Chris Jericho
    17. Eddie Guerrero
    18. Mr. Perfect
    19. Dusty Rhodes
    20. Ricky Steamboat
    21. Jake Roberts
    22. Rick Rude
    23. Honky Tonk Man
    24. Kevin Nash
    25. Scott Hall

    That is just 25 without even trying. He doesn't have a large enough resume or a large enough impact in his short time to be considered high on anyone's list.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    21,359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    There is no way Punk is top 10, 20, 25 or I can possible make an argument for top 50 if I took the time. He hasn't had any long term success at the time to warrant such claim. Right now people are on the bandwagon for him being top 10 because he is the flavor of the month. Here are names I can throw out that he has no business being ahead of. This is in no order by the way.

    1. Bruno Sammartino
    2. Hulk Hogan
    3. Ric Flair
    4. The Undertaker
    5. Rowdy Piper
    6. Macho Man
    7. The Rock
    8. Steve Austin
    9. Shawn Michaels
    10. Bret Hart
    11. Sting
    12. HHH
    13. John Cena
    14. Andre the Giant
    15. Kurt Angle
    16. Chris Jericho
    17. Eddie Guerrero
    18. Mr. Perfect
    19. Dusty Rhodes
    20. Ricky Steamboat
    21. Jake Roberts
    22. Rick Rude
    23. Honky Tonk Man
    24. Kevin Nash
    25. Scott Hall

    That is just 25 without even trying. He doesn't have a large enough resume or a large enough impact in his short time to be considered high on anyone's list.
    Are these in acual order cause if so cena that high is way off

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Are these in acual order cause if so cena that high is way off
    No. I stated it was in no order. The numbers are there to sow how many people I would have ahead of Punk. There are also more names, but I would actually have to take time and think about it.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    21,359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    No. I stated it was in no order. The numbers are there to sow how many people I would have ahead of Punk. There are also more names, but I would actually have to take time and think about it.
    Oh ok i figure. As of now i think punk is top 45.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,153
    vCash
    1500
    Punk doesn't lose viewers. Punk draws lesser ratings in the big segments than what they normally draw. There is a big difference.

    Punk is not a ratings draw. But there are other factors. I would mention the title being a lack of a draw, but we've had that discussion before. The writing is a big thing. A lot of it is Punk, a lot of it isn't. Remember two years ago how Lawler and Cole was the best ratings draw going into 'Mania?

    But even though Punk is not a ratings draw, he is a draw in other areas. He's good for attendance. For merchandise. He brings in a lot of business.

    As for ranking Punk, it's far too early.
    Last edited by Driven; 12-28-2012 at 11:58 PM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,432
    vCash
    1500
    Too early to rank Punk yet since he's in the peak of his career.

    If Punk was injured and never wrestled again, I would agree he would not be top 20 or 25 of all time. Might barely crack top 50. But since its not, give it some time...

    As far as Punk being a ratings draw, its true he's got that whiny tone to him that might turn off casual fans but for his character he's very good (though I mentioned it in another post that he needs to drop the title and just have a couple mid card feuds before getting back in the title hunt to freshen him up as he is getting a bit stale with the "best in the world" gimmick). I like the Heyman/Punk interaction but Punk is one of the last guys who needs Heyman. After Mania they need to split them before they get too long in the tooth and give Punk his own time to shine again.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,432
    vCash
    1500
    Top 10 for me in WWE/WCW history: (based on draw, wrestling ability and promo ability).

    1) Bruno Sammartino
    2) The Rock (arguably #1 from 2000 to 2003 and bigger draw than Austin now in 2012 for ratings)
    3) Hulk Hogan
    4) Stone Cold Steve Austin (#1 from 1998 to late 1999. Didnt have the mojo back after)
    5) Ric Flair
    6) The Undertaker
    7) Shawn Michaels
    8) Randy Savage
    9) Sting
    10) John Cena (only because he's been there for 10 years, with nearly 7 years as the top dog, even though his career has not yet peaked).

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Punk doesn't lose viewers. Punk draws lesser ratings in the big segments than what they normally draw. There is a big difference.

    Punk is not a ratings draw. But there are other factors. I would mention the title being a lack of a draw, but we've had that discussion before. The writing is a big thing. A lot of it is Punk, a lot of it isn't. Remember two years ago how Lawler and Cole was the best ratings draw going into 'Mania?

    But even though Punk is not a ratings draw, he is a draw in other areas. He's good for attendance. For merchandise. He brings in a lot of business.

    As for ranking Punk, it's far too early.
    1. During his face run, he was losing viewers. But this is probably a better overall assessment of where he is at as far as drawing power.

    2. Also agree with this. 20-30 all time isn't out of his range if he keeps performing at this level for more time, but honestly speaking, I struggle to see top 15.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 12-29-2012 at 01:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    13,540
    vCash
    1000
    And here's another question.... Why is everyone okay with Punk having the title for over 400 days but if it was Miz/Bryan/Cena/Ryback/Sheamus etc everyone well most in here would say it's horrible etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

    This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

    This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

    I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

    This is going to be a piece of cake.

    12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    21,359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    And here's another question.... Why is everyone okay with Punk having the title for over 400 days but if it was Miz/Bryan/Cena/Ryback/Sheamus etc everyone well most in here would say it's horrible etc?
    Punk having it for 400 days is fine with me because he hasnt been just a face or heel during the run. He has changed up his fueds added another demention in heyman. Plus he has had great matches and promos along the way. Miz just isnt in punks league and isnt really good in manyways. Cena is stale plus he doesnt need the belt for his gimmick. Ryback hasnt been around for even a year plus wwe messed him up already. If he was gonna get the belt he should have already gotten it and not been made to look week by niether winning or loosing matches clean. Sheamus as a heel wouldnt have been a bad idea to hold the belt for a while but his face character is boring. And bryan well he should be getting a big time run this year imo. Bryan will be the superstar of the year in 13 imo.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    13,540
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Punk having it for 400 days is fine with me because he hasnt been just a face or heel during the run. He has changed up his fueds added another demention in heyman. Plus he has had great matches and promos along the way. Miz just isnt in punks league and isnt really good in manyways. Cena is stale plus he doesnt need the belt for his gimmick. Ryback hasnt been around for even a year plus wwe messed him up already. If he was gonna get the belt he should have already gotten it and not been made to look week by niether winning or loosing matches clean. Sheamus as a heel wouldnt have been a bad idea to hold the belt for a while but his face character is boring. And bryan well he should be getting a big time run this year imo. Bryan will be the superstar of the year in 13 imo.
    Who has Ryback lost to clean
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

    This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

    This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

    I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

    This is going to be a piece of cake.

    12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    21,359
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Who has Ryback lost to clean
    I said he hasn't lost clean or won clean. He has lost tagteam matches and triple threat matches but hasn't won or lost clean consistently. Wwe is trying to keep him looking strong but are not giving him wins.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a tiny cottage in the woods
    Posts
    7,309
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    There is no way Punk is top 10, 20, 25 or I can possible make an argument for top 50 if I took the time. He hasn't had any long term success at the time to warrant such claim. Right now people are on the bandwagon for him being top 10 because he is the flavor of the month. Here are names I can throw out that he has no business being ahead of. This is in no order by the way.

    1. Bruno Sammartino
    2. Hulk Hogan
    3. Ric Flair
    4. The Undertaker
    5. Rowdy Piper
    6. Macho Man
    7. The Rock
    8. Steve Austin
    9. Shawn Michaels
    10. Bret Hart
    11. Sting
    12. HHH
    13. John Cena
    14. Andre the Giant
    15. Kurt Angle
    16. Chris Jericho
    17. Eddie Guerrero
    18. Mr. Perfect
    19. Dusty Rhodes
    20. Ricky Steamboat
    21. Jake Roberts
    22. Rick Rude
    23. Honky Tonk Man
    24. Kevin Nash
    25. Scott Hall

    That is just 25 without even trying. He doesn't have a large enough resume or a large enough impact in his short time to be considered high on anyone's list.
    You do realize the list I made was guys I happen to like more then others right? I could of put Guys like Nash, Mr.Perfect, Hall etc but honestly I never cared for those guys.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •