Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    In my age range (I'm 31), I started really watching wrestling at the end of the 80s/early 90s, so going from that point - I'd say Punk is in MY top 25.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    There are a few ways including surveys or devices installed in TVs. There is a sample group of people (who volunteered) who represent the nation as a whole. Every survey, study, or anything of the like done has a sample group.

The sample doesn't need a whole lot of people included in the group compared to the size of the population as a whole. It just needs to come to a 95% confidence level (interval). I forgot how to calculate that,nor can I explain it very well, but I learned the very basics in my statistics class.

I just think that sometimes your fan-hood for Punk, which is cool, goes to the extreme when it comes to evaluating his importance. For a lot of people, Punk is the only entertaining part of raw, but nothing really changed during the peak of his title reign.
    All I've ever said about punk is the truth in terms of him being great at promos and in the ring. Ratings are what they are. Mabe he has not helped the ratings but during his 2 year span he does done some great moments.

vCash
    The WWE's PG brand has lost its steam a long time ago.

Their low ratings are irrelevant to me. They do not determine Punk's performance as a wrestler and entertainer.

Punk is currently the best thing the WWE has going right now.

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    I don't even understand the point in talking about ratings.... That reflects on the company as a whole, and probably more on the writers than the wrestlers. When talkig about how good or bad a wrestler is, ratings mean absolutely nothing.

vCash
    While ratings as a whole are determined by storylines, writers, and can be affected by industry popularity, having a performer who consistently loses viewers means that the fans who are watching turn off the television or switch the channel when punk is on TV.

If you are pushed to the top, and you want to be recognized as a elite and not just very good, you have to draw. God only knows how much bragging would be taking place if punk out drew cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    While ratings as a whole are determined by storylines, writers, and can be affected by industry popularity, having a performer who consistently loses viewers means that the fans who are watching turn off the television or switch the channel when punk is on TV.

If you are pushed to the top, and you want to be recognized as a elite and not just very good, you have to draw. God only knows how much bragging would be taking place if punk out drew cena.

Hell rem when Mark Henry out drew Daniel Bryand on SD! ? I rem alot of people saying he should be champ over Dbry lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    I'll some it up like this. Cena has the best ratings but is the worst thing going in wwe. So since he gets the best ratings should he get the belt and more tv time? No at the end of the day punk is the best thing in the wwe the last 2 years. This whole pg era has hurt the wwe more than anything.

vCash
    ^No, he shouldnt. But logically, you can see why he still gets pushed like he does and why he can't go face. Until the wwe develops someone new who can take over Cena's role as a future face for the company, Cena is stuck with his current gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post

Hell rem when Mark Henry out drew Daniel Bryand on SD! ? I rem alot of people saying he should be champ over Dbry lol
    Its unfair to compare established wwe guys to new up and comers. At the time when Henry was champ, DB was still figuring out his character and how to get over. He wasn't ready to be champion then.

I actually do miss Mark Henry as heel champion though. He played the unstoppable heel role much better than Big show because he actually looked angry and intimidating. Plus his theme music fit with his hall of pain run.
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Top 20. He's captivating but there have been much better performers over the years... He can move up but won't crack top 15 for sure.

vCash
    Top 10 for sure here's my list.

10) Hogan

9) Shawn Michaels

8) Kane

7) Flair

6) Triple H

5) Taker

4) The Rock

3) Edge

2) Punk

1) SCSA
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Top 10 for sure here's my list.

10) Hogan

9) Shawn Michaels

8) Kane

7) Flair

6) Triple H

5) Taker

4) The Rock

3) Edge

2) Punk

1) SCSA
    Is that for the last 15 years? Even so, I don't know how you put Kane over guys like Benoit, Angle, Jericho and Guerrero, Bret and Sting. All of those would be well above Punk as well.

vCash
    10 Ric Flair
    9 Kurt Angle
    8 Chris Jericho
    7 Undertaker
    6 Bret Hart
    5 CM Punk
    4 Triple H
    3 Shawn Michaels
    2 Stone Cold Steve Austin
    1 The Rock

vCash
    Punk being #2 is quite high. Plus no angle.

I can see him being top 20 and maybe even getting into my top 15. He needs to sustain his current level though. The fact that he couldn't put together an entertaining run as a babyface hurts his chances of ever getting beyond 15 for me.

Top 10 performers need great face and heel runs on my list.
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    ^What do you know? You have Andrew Bynum in uniform as your avatar. Ryder has a better chance at the WWE title. lol I'm just kidding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Is that for the last 15 years? Even so, I don't know how you put Kane over guys like Benoit, Angle, Jericho and Guerrero, Bret and Sting. All of those would be well above Punk as well.
    Honestly I wasn't even thinking about 15 years ago, just a list of guys I just like better then others.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast