Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben Tejada

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Maybe Ruben Tejada can catch? Oh, wait, we finally have a catcher now, don't we?

Never mind.
    You need new material.
    What about CF?

COF still works.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    So do you want more HRs or more doubles???? You seem to be looking for two different things. There are a few really good hitting SSs in MLB. Jeter, Tulow, Reyes maybe one or two others. Tejada is in a group below the elites. There are many others way below him. What's wrong with that???
    I was just making the point that it's more likely that he will hit more doubles in the future than homeruns, which I think would also be better for him and the team. He's a natural line drive hitter. He doesn't need to be trying to hit homeruns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I'm not ragging on Tejada and Mets Fantatic the Luis Castillo argument doesn't work because he actually had speed.
    I compared Tejada to Castillo because both are/were good hitters who didn't have the ability to hit homeruns (Castillo had 10 seasons in which he hit 2 homeruns or less). I didn't compare them in that they're the same type of baserunner.
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 12-27-2012 at 09:58 AM.

vCash
    Based on what, some of these ridiculous stats everyone throws around???? What does he have a low FIP-a-dee-do-da or BABIPPY???? Is there now a shortstop ERA or something????

Watch the games. He's a decent SS. He's not a corner stone, he's a complementary player. The problem is we have no cornerstones for him to complement.
    Yes.

Jose Reyes is a cornerstone player.

Ruben Tejada is a complementary player.

It's generally not a good idea to replace a cornerstone player with a complementary player unless you have another cornerstone player ready to fill another position. But the Mets other than Wright had no other cornerstones.

Hell, they didn't even have an outfield.

The problem is when you start replacing cornerstone players with complementary players, people stop complimenting your team.

See what i did there?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    You need new material.
    What about CF?

COF still works.
    It's gonna be difficult to stop all allusions to the catching hole. Old habits, as they say.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

Ruben Tejada

Hola desde Condado, San Juan!
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Hola desde Condado, San Juan!
    Hey! Maybe you can find us a shortstop or two while you're down there?

vCash
    Ruben is a decent SS, doesn't have too much flash, but a solid .340 OBP guy w/ average defense. Given how much decent 2B/SS get paid on the open market/arb, we should lock him up now. We can probably lock him up for 5 yrs/4 mil, and it'd be wise to do so.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    Ruben is a decent SS, doesn't have too much flash, but a solid .340 OBP guy w/ average defense. Given how much decent 2B/SS get paid on the open market/arb, we should lock him up now. We can probably lock him up for 5 yrs/4 mil, and it'd be wise to do so.
    5 Years / 4 Mil total????

Better print the contract in English and hope he doesn't understand it.

vCash
    5 Years / 4 Mil total????

Better print the contract in English and hope he doesn't understand it.
    Yeah that contract is outrageous and his agent would laugh in the Mets face. He would make more just going through arbitration. 5 years $12M with an option year or two makes more sense.

vCash
    Maybe he meant 5 at 4 mil per?

Just guessing, because 5 years at 4 mil total is not far above minimum. I have to believe that no one is that dumb...
    I really should develop a sig, huh?

vCash
    Tejada is not a flashy SS, but he is very valuable. He's just a notch better than your average SS, but lacks tools that would allow for some projection. If he can get his OBP to what it was in the minors or just a year ago, he can be very valuable. I don't think he will improve much more, but if he can post some .350-.360 OBP numbers, that can help us a lot. Additionally if he can get some more XBH, that could really make him a quality SS.

So basically, he plays good defense, he's a patient hitter and lacks power. If he can improve his BB%, get more XBH, and get maybe 15-18 SB's that would be his ceiling in my opinion. The good thing is he can probably do all of this next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Tejada is not a flashy SS, but he is very valuable. He's just a notch better than your average SS, but lacks tools that would allow for some projection. If he can get his OBP to what it was in the minors or just a year ago, he can be very valuable. I don't think he will improve much more, but if he can post some .350-.360 OBP numbers, that can help us a lot. Additionally if he can get some more XBH, that could really make him a quality SS.

So basically, he plays good defense, he's a patient hitter and lacks power. If he can improve his BB%, get more XBH, and get maybe 15-18 SB's that would be his ceiling in my opinion. The good thing is he can probably do all of this next year.
    I'd say he is an average SS. But an average SS is valuable.

vCash
    Average now, and only 23. I'm excited to see him play when he reaches his peak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Average now, and only 23. I'm excited to see him play when he reaches his peak.
    He's very close to his peak if he's not already there.

vCash
    I'd say he can improve his hitting, specifically driving the ball into the gap. His fielding is already so smooth that there's not much to improve other than arm strength (which is already pretty solid), and anyone's baserunning could always get a little better, for the most part.

I expect him to become a true number 2 hitter in a few years, not someone who could bat second but really is an eigth hitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast