Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Sorry, don't buy it.

Main reason we are losing is missing shots, plain and simple. Not lack of practice.

Brewer went from shooting 40% from 3 to disappearing, Felton has shot around 33% almost this whole month, and Kidd's 3pt shooting has come down to earth.

That's pretty much it. And of course losing Sheed has hurt our overall depth.
    I'm not selling, only sharing my opinion

Felton is open and in practice he is shooting, now he's open and missing and defenses have adjusted and we have not.

When a player hurt hand or not is missing the ocean and teams are leaving him and Brewer wide open, you then as a coach practice an alternative and do different set ups,

So how do you implement new setups when there are no practices?

If you never buy then how can you sell?

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Sorry, don't buy it.

Main reason we are losing is missing shots, plain and simple. Not lack of practice.

Brewer went from shooting 40% from 3 to disappearing, Felton has shot around 33% almost this whole month, and Kidd's 3pt shooting has come down to earth.

That's pretty much it. And of course losing Sheed has hurt our overall depth.
    Practice can shore up the defensive miscues we've been having on the reg this month. Better defense opens up the court in the transition game and makes everything easier, including shoot the ball. It can also allow our guys to have extended sessions with the shooting coach which can only help them get out of their respective funks.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I'm not selling, only sharing my opinion

Felton is open and in practice he is shooting, now he's open and missing and defenses have adjusted and we have not.

When a player hurt hand or not is missing the ocean and teams are leaving him and Brewer wide open, you then as a coach practice an alternative and do different set ups,

So how do you implement new setups when there are no practices?

If you never buy then how can you sell?
    Thats a good point too. Practice will allow for us to prepare some counters to the D completing dropping off the pick and roll and us not being able to exploit it yet. When teams do that to Rondo they have counter sets that were gonna need to implement because we haven't done anything since the pick and roll stopped working after the Nets game where Tyson went crazy.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I agree with a lot of pundits that say teams have adjusted better to the way the Knicks are playing. No more easy 3s, no more pick and rolls etc. Of course shooting has a lot to do with it. Thats true, but that's why increase practice time will be paramount. Sports is all about adjusting to what your opponent is doing. Mike is skilled in this area I believe, with more practice time I have little doubt the Knicks will be back to their early season form if not better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12