Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Most important aspect lot of Knick fans are missing.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

The team has not been able to practice at all, you cannot understate how important that is for a basketball team.

Knicks have been playing every other day, schedule has been brutal and their record obviously has been awesome despite lots of adversity.

Let our guys get back from injuries, get some practice time, rest up a bit and then I think you will start to see the team from the beginning of the season emerge again.

Just think lately guys are playing way too many minutes, way too many games.

When you don't practice consistently it hurts your cohesion on the court and hurts your ability to get out of funks.

Thankfully, January is a light month, and our guys will be back finally.

Excited for the possibilities and the future.

Some Knick fans need to stop overreacting and calm down, were a solid team that has flaws we need to work on.......in PRACTICE!!

A small town called nunya god damn bidness
    vCash
    You talkin about the practice?

vCash
    We knew Dec. was the most brutal month of the season for us, at the tail end some injuries, fatigue and crappy play are bound to set in. This has been first wave of the season. We started off the hottest team in the league and came back to life. A lot of our players did the same individually. Other teams started slow and got hot late. Lakers look like one of them. Rockets look like one of them. Clips lost 6 in a row and followed up with 13 straight wins. This is not the first or last time we'll see that happen this season to a number of teams including our own. Other teams like Grizz and Spurs have come back to life with us after hot starts. OKC just lost 2 in a row. Nobody sustains that type of winning throughout the entire season.

People need to put losing in perspective and recognize were not going to win every game, and as a team likely going to win 55 games or so, were gonna rack up 20 or more losses. Some of them will be a hell of a lot worse than losing to a hot Laker team in Hollywood. Get used to it, we play 82 games.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-26-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    We knew Dec. was the most brutal month of the season for us, at the tail end some injuries, fatigue and crappy play are bound to set in. This has been first wave of the season. We started off the hottest team in the league and came back to life. A lot of our players did the same individually. Other teams started slow and got hot late. Lakers look like one of them. Rockets look like one of them. Clips lost 6 in a row and followed up with 13 straight wins. This is not the first or last time we'll see that happen this season to a number of teams including our own. Other teams like Grizz and Spurs have come back to life with us after hot starts. OKC just lost 2 in a row. Nobody sustains that type of winning throughout the entire season.

People need to put losing in perspective and recognize were not going to win every game, and as a team likely going to win 55 games or so, were gonna rack up 20 or more losses. Some of them will be a hell of a lot worse than losing to a hot Laker team in Hollywood. Get used to it, we play 82 games.
    Another thing, as of right now, we've lost the same amount of games in December as we did in November. With the next two games being PHX and Sacramento we should be able to match the 11-4 start that we had in November. (someone correct me if im wrong on that)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickerBockerAL View Post
    Another thing, as of right now, we've lost the same amount of games in December as we did in November. With the next two games being PHX and Sacramento we should be able to match the 11-4 start that we had in November. (someone correct me if im wrong on that)
    That is correct.

And from Nov 28 - Dec 15 we rallied off 9 out of 10 W's.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    That is correct.

And from Nov 28 - Dec 15 we rallied off 9 out of 10 W's.
    i'll take 11-4 every month of the season. Fine by me.

vCash

Word.

vCash
    I dont think practice has much to do with it, this is a veteran team and we had a full training camp.

we're getting good shots, really it comes down to us hitting them, especially Felton. It's REAL tough to win on the road against good teams if ANYONE on the team goes 5-19

once he starts knocking them down it will open up other thigns for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I dont think practice has much to do with it, this is a veteran team and we had a full training camp.

we're getting good shots, really it comes down to us hitting them, especially Felton. It's REAL tough to win on the road against good teams if ANYONE on the team goes 5-19

Yeah.. Once he starts knocking them down or stop shooting them. Me, I prefer the latter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    Yeah.. Once he starts knocking them down or stop shooting them. Me, I prefer the latter.
    I like his aggressiveness going to the paint, and he can take the open shot every time as far as I'm concerned. But homeboy has no business taking contested jumpers when he's shooting the way he is. His shot attempts should go down considerably once stat and iman get back.

As far as this thread goes. Couldn't agree more. Time off, practice, fresh legs, increased chemistry are things that people continue to under rate. Mind boggling.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash

no not true at all, for example if the opposition has time to practice and prepare which it appears they have and we don't its huge.

This thread is spot on and even Woody has said he can't practice or he'll kill his players, and why Amare is with he D-league.

Just having chalk board and walk thru's believe me is not enough.

Woody can only discuss what can be done when they take chandler out, and double Melo and let Brewer shoot.

When he can have a full practice to prepare his team I also think results will be different.

A couple fans with that 11-4 put things pretty much in perspective

But I'm not counting those games wins till we win. Crazy year all around so far

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    no not true at all, for example if the opposition has time to practice and prepare which it appears they have and we don't its huge.

This thread is spot on and even Woody has said he can't practice or he'll kill his players, and why Amare is with he D-league.

Just having chalk board and walk thru's believe me is not enough.

Woody can only discuss what can be done when they take chandler out, and double Melo and let Brewer shoot.

When he can have a full practice to prepare his team I also think results will be different.

A couple fans with that 11-4 put things pretty much in perspective

But I'm not counting those games wins till we win. Crazy year all around so far
    Sorry, don't buy it.

Main reason we are losing is missing shots, plain and simple. Not lack of practice.

Brewer went from shooting 40% from 3 to disappearing, Felton has shot around 33% almost this whole month, and Kidd's 3pt shooting has come down to earth.

That's pretty much it. And of course losing Sheed has hurt our overall depth.

vCash
    Sorry, don't buy it.

Main reason we are losing is missing shots, plain and simple. Not lack of practice.

Brewer went from shooting 40% from 3 to disappearing, Felton has shot around 33% almost this whole month, and Kidd's 3pt shooting has come down to earth.

I'm not selling, only sharing my opinion

Felton is open and in practice he is shooting, now he's open and missing and defenses have adjusted and we have not.

When a player hurt hand or not is missing the ocean and teams are leaving him and Brewer wide open, you then as a coach practice an alternative and do different set ups,

So how do you implement new setups when there are no practices?

If you never buy then how can you sell?

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I'm not selling, only sharing my opinion

Felton is open and in practice he is shooting, now he's open and missing and defenses have adjusted and we have not.

When a player hurt hand or not is missing the ocean and teams are leaving him and Brewer wide open, you then as a coach practice an alternative and do different set ups,

So how do you implement new setups when there are no practices?

If you never buy then how can you sell?
    Thats a good point too. Practice will allow for us to prepare some counters to the D completing dropping off the pick and roll and us not being able to exploit it yet. When teams do that to Rondo they have counter sets that were gonna need to implement because we haven't done anything since the pick and roll stopped working after the Nets game where Tyson went crazy.

vCash
    Sorry, don't buy it.

Practice can shore up the defensive miscues we've been having on the reg this month. Better defense opens up the court in the transition game and makes everything easier, including shoot the ball. It can also allow our guys to have extended sessions with the shooting coach which can only help them get out of their respective funks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast