Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Les Mis

vCash
    lol i agree on crowe his singing sucked and ruined javert for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    lol i agree on crowe his singing sucked and ruined javert for me
    The more I think about it the more frustrated I get. It was so beautifully shot. Every seen was perfect for the mood. Every other singer, extras and all were fantastic and then.....Crowe. Just so so bad.

vCash
    The confrontation was the only part where I thought the singing was distractingly bad, but that's because I don't think Jackman was all that great either. As bad as his voice is, Crowe mostly made up for it with good ole fashioned excellent acting ability during Valjean's suicide. His was definitely the worst major performance and you have to assume they could have done a better job casting Javert, but apparently it bothered me much less than most. I thought SB Cohen kinda sucked all around too, but that aside the rest of the cast nailed it. Seyfried was incredible to me, her voice is flawless and her acting was perfect. Tough to standout in a role that never really gets the spotlight the way that Dreamed a Dream or Eponine's death commands, but she did. Little dude who played Gavroche put up a surprisingly excellent performance too.

vCash
    Agreed. Seyfried was great and that kid was also great.

I definitely think Crowe got a little better towards the end, but even in the opening seen my wife and I are cringing watching it. Maybe you just get spoiled hearing the Broadway stars kill every song, but really he sounded like a bad Karaoke singer.

I thought Jackman was great. A little Australian accent came out here and there though, so killed authenticity, but it's always been a kinda understated singing part. He was great in the confrontation part, but it's Javert who should be powerful through that song and Crowe just couldn't do it.

Even this was solid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhXsJjVdj1E

vCash
    For sure, opening scene it was definitely jarring how bad he was. At that point I thought the whole thing was gonna be a trainwreck, thankfully it obviously didn't turn out that way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123