Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

New Jerseys in 2013?

This information comes from a Miami Dolphins' fan site, of all places (and gotta give props to The Viking Age for beating us to this one). The site talks about how the Dolphins are set to get a new logo and/or uniforms next season, but they do slip in this one interesting little tidbit about our favorite football team.
    Other bits of information I got from my source is that the Dolphins will not have an orange jersey next year and that the Vikings new uniforms are retro and "awesome".
    Well, then.
    This is the first that I've heard about the Vikings potentially getting new uniforms in 2013. Keep in mind, this news comes to us via the REO Speedwagon method (i.e. "heard it from a friend who. . .heard it from a friend who. . ."), but it's still interesting.
    (And yes, that's going to be in your head all day now. You're welcome.)
    The Vikings changed to their current uniforms before the 2006 season, and the consensus has been that. . .well, the previous uniforms were significantly better. That's a sentiment that I tend to agree with.
    So, what are your thoughts, ladies and gentlemen? Do you want to see the Vikings go back to a more "retro" look starting in 2013?

Link

Retro and awesome!?!? I am excite

vCash
    Here's an even better article from Purple Jesus Diaries

vCash
    I just wish we would get away from so much purple. Purple is a passive color. I just want to see a little bit of matte black mixed in with purple.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I just wish we would get away from so much purple. Purple is a passive color. I just want to see a little bit of matte black mixed in with purple.
    I'm a big fan of the purple, I say we bring back the purple pants!!

I like the throwbacks we've been wearing the past few years. The darker purple with the gray facemask and the pants with the gold stripe down the side. I would be happy if we just switched over to those and a similiar white (with purple pants?) for our away games.

vCash
    I've always wished they'd go back to the dark purple. I f'ing love those helmets.

Black would be a disaster. We aren't Baltimore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    I've always wished they'd go back to the dark purple. I f'ing love those helmets.

Black would be a disaster. We aren't Baltimore.
    This. My all time favorite uniforms were the 96-05 w/ the norseman on the shoulders. Even our away uniforms were way cooler with the yellow stripes. That's what we should go back to but I think the reason they changed was because overall similarity to Baltimore, which is dumb since we had them first.

That being said, we should have absolutely nothing to do with updating the logo, or doing anything that in any way resembles Seattle.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 12-26-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I just got a new jersey for Christmas..

vCash
    WHY HAVEN"T WE DONE ONE THROWBACK JERSEY THIS SEASON?

Isn't it up to the captain? When Favre was there we had them once every 3 weeks or so.

I wouldn't mind some tweaking, I like them as is, before jerseys were even better. I just dont want them worse.

We need to do more all purple. Thats how I play in madden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Purple View Post

Isn't it up to the captain? When Favre was there we had them once every 3 weeks or so.

I wouldn't mind some tweaking, I like them as is, before jerseys were even better. I just dont want them worse.

I agreed with you until the "all purple" part. Those purple pants are hideous and should never be worn again.

vCash
    Other then the throwbacks the all purple are my favorite.

vCash
    Old or new I think we've always had one of the best looking jerseys. I'd like to use the early 70's 3 stripes on the shoulder, for the throwbacks. And the white road shirts with the gold/purple bands around the shoulder. UCLA like.
    I didn't like it when the Ravens came in with purple. We were the only ones with that color.
    That's what I like most about baseball. OLD SCHOOL. Almost all play outdoors on real grass. And most of them are now wearing their 50's and 60's uniforms. And the stadiums are all old school in design. All be it new and improved.
    I wish the Eagles would go back to the 1980 superbowl style. And the Rams need to go back to the just blue and white 1960's jerseys.
    I hate the Packers, Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys. But I love it that they haven't made any real changes to their uniforms.
    Can you imagine the Yankees throwing the pinstripes away and wearing a 70's astros or white sox uniform ?

vCash
    I like our current uniforms. The older ones are still good for the nostalgic feel but I would much rather we stay whith what we have now. Maybe switch to a darker purple but not much else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Purple View Post

Nope, the throw backs are usually only worn twice a year, usually week 3 and to one of the rival games (Packers, Bears Lions). We don't even have throw back uniforms this year (even if they did put them in Madden) so that's why they didn't appear. A lot of the teams didn't have throwbacks this year because of the new Nike Unis.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    I agreed with you until the "all purple" part. Those purple pants are hideous and should never be worn again.
    I would have a 3 hour boner if they wore all purple on Sunday. How can you not love that combo?

vCash
    I think the current Vikings jerseys are pretty mediocre. Having said that I'd be upset if we switched next season given that I recently purchased a home harrison smith jersey. The only thing I can hope for is that they never try a yellow/gold jersey. That would just be awful. I am a big fan of throw backs like everyone else has said so if nothing else let's bring those back.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast