Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bautista's Injury going forward

How rare is this injury and what will jose be like going forward?

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=19249

vCash
    wow way to be a downer man

vCash
    Yeah, there is a possibility he doesn't perform as expected because of the injury. However, let's not foget EE had the exact same type of surgery on his wrist as well a few years back - and look how he turned out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    Yeah, there is a possibility he doesn't perform as expected because of the injury. However, let's not foget EE had the exact same type of surgery on his wrist as well a few years back - and look how he turned out.
    I like those thoughts the best! Lets just stay positive for now and worry about injuries when and IF they come during the season. Otherwise I feel like we are just asking the baseball Gods to **** us over.

So can we rename this thread??? Something like "Joey-Bats is Going to Light it Up Once Again in 2013! How many HRs is he going to Line Out of the Park this Year?"

Just an idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    EE was also bad for a few seasons following his wrist problems. We would be delusional if we didnt express at least a little concern.

His swing is more aggressive than most, he really needs to be 100% healed. If he is healthy though, this team is so dangerous

vCash
    With the addition of Reyes and Cabrera, the emergence of EE and the continued growth of some of the younger guys, JB doesn't have to be the 50+ HR's, 100 walks guy of prior to the injury ( although it would be nice). If he's 75% of that he's still pretty dangerous.

vCash
    I'd say Bautista's power won't be 100% this year but the offence won't simply be relying on him anymore. The other players (Fuld, DeRosa and Johnson) weren't that great at the stage of their careers when the injuries happened so it's not a great comparison.

Definitely something to keep an eye on though.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    They did say in the article that the rehab was very important, and who's going to work harder than Jose to get back to normal? The effort will be there, but i worry more about jose's disposition. Recall when he was struggling early last year all the temper tantrums he was throwing at the plate. I just hope he has access to good sports psychological counselling thru this so he stays upbeat and focused on the end result.

vCash
    I think that it's of concern, but there's no reason to really panic at this stage. Bautista is a really hard worker, and you can bet he will be spending all this off season making sure the wrist is healthy.

I think that because of his swing though, and how powerful it is, it's not unlikely that he could reaggrevate it... but he has months to go before ST starts anyways. He should be fine.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    I am optimistic and say he will challenge again for the Home run crown. Was on pace for 48 last year before the injury, could of won it again for the 3rd straight year. . I think he goes 40+ hrs. and still puts up .360 OBP and +.900 OPS.
    Want to ride this wave till it crashes, then I'll be worried.
    Last edited by wagnall; 12-26-2012 at 02:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysforever View Post
    They did say in the article that the rehab was very important, and who's going to work harder than Jose to get back to normal? The effort will be there, but i worry more about jose's disposition. Recall when he was struggling early last year all the temper tantrums he was throwing at the plate. I just hope he has access to good sports psychological counselling thru this so he stays upbeat and focused on the end result.
    He told me himself he was working hard at rehab and the wrist felt 100%.

He should be feeling very upbeat after all the additions to the team so I expect his injury to be a non-issue and he will be back 100% healthy and ready to go for ST with a positive outlook on the season.

#Fingers crossed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysforever View Post
    I agree 100%, The year he hit 54 home runs he literally did everything for the team, even stealing bases. But ever since then it's seemed to go to his head and now it seems he argues every strike he doesn't swing at. I really hope he fixes this problem because if not, it could be a long and miserable year for him.

vCash
    "They'll mop the floor with your serves, and piss in your faces."

Joey bats was floundering at the beginning of last seaon and turned it around huge before he got hurt. Even if he scuffles early, I have faith in that man to get it right.

vCash
    I had a dream last night where I was sitting in the monster seats @ Fenway...Bautista crushed a home run into the monster seats where I was sitting on a line drive, it came at me so fast and hit the back of the seats and rico-ched around, and I picked it up...when I picked up the ball, it was mashed out of shape, it looked like a ball of play-doh that someone had belted with a bat a thousand times...I'm not concerned about bombtista one bit, I think hes gona have a great year, and the Jays will make the play offs. Go Jays!!

vCash
    Bautista is easily the single most important player on this team. The team goes where he goes. Even with all our injuries we were about 2 games out of the second WC spot near then end of July when he went down. It was all downhill from there.

Bautista is my biggest concern, but if he shows he is healthy and is back to his form from the last couple seasons I don't see why we can't take the AL east. Bautistas performance and health are crucial to this teams success

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast