Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    they are on fire right now. They will have up's and downs all year, they are for sure on an up right now.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers4life08 View Post
    i don't understand,why Mcchale only plays 8 players....damm against chicago bulls they was leading 34 points and he still was playing starters,and only let rookies to play when only 3 minutes was left in 4 quarter...damm,you have T.Jones,D.Motiejunas really good young talented players,why not give them some time,when you team winning 34 points...
    they were leading.
    they is plural, therefore you must use the rules of subject-verb agreement that we all learned in 1st grade, or in everyday speech.

vCash
    rockets are a darkhorse in the west. i could see them shocking some people if they make the playoffs

vCash
    They have an explosive backcourt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    they're pretty good, except for the lin guy.
    Lin is basically a Rookie who has already showed his promise on the court. He has 2 things you LOVE to have in a point guard, NBA IQ and natural intelligence. He will continue to improve as the natural progression of NBA players, especially point guards, go.

In the first scenario, Lin gets to be the one with ball in his hands on the 2nd unit. Better yet he gets to feast on backup point guards. He has 2 3-point shooters on the same unit to kick out to. He excels at the isolation and that would be perfect.

The second, Lin gets to run like he does now. The Rockets will have the best spacing in the NBA allowing both Harden and Lin to attack the rim. Josh Smith's athleticism will allow Lin to be flexible in his game while building his repertoire. He will still have Harden and also Millsap.
    2014 PSD 7 RD NFL MOCK DRAFT
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD
    1st rd- Jadaveon Clowney, LB/DE, South Carolina
    1st rd (via trade)- Johnny Manziel, QB, TX A&M
    3rd rd- DaQuan Jones, NT, Penn State
    4th rd- Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    5th rd- Jon Halapio, OG, THE University of Florida
    5th rd (via trade)- Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
    6th rd- Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Well I think the Rockets have a great foundation. I think next year we can take a HUGE leap. As I have told you in the Rockets forum, I think Millsap is a must-add player for us.

Here is my plan for the Rockets next year that I think can make us serious contenders:

First, I think next year the cap will go up slightly as it hasn't in 3 years. I expect a cap of 60.2 million. (this is based on the revenue formula used to calculate the cap and the expected revenue of this season)

I think the Rockets keep Douglas but we're going to trade Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris. That will clear $5.5 million. That will put us roughly around $32.5 million. That will give us about $27.5 million.

Now remember contracts always escalate as the years pass, where the 1st year is the cheapest year. So I believe we can sign a max deal (Chris Paul, Josh smith, ect) and the first year will cost us $13,668,750 and that is based off Harden's deal.

After signing the Max deal this will then leave the Rockets about $13.831 million. We use that to sign Paul Millsap. His first year might come in around $9.5 million based on a $12 million dollar annual salary.

That would leave the Rockets slightly under the cap: $4.331 million. We would then get 2 exceptions: Non-Taxpayers of about $5 million and the Salary Cap (for those under) of about $2.335 million.

We use the rest of the cap money to sign JJ Redick. We can use that money or the non-taxpayers exception. We then can use money and/or the remaining exceptions for small fillers (such as Delfino) and a draft pick.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

You could have the Rockets with potential lineups of:

PG: Chris Paul / Jeremy Lin / Toney Douglas
    SG: James Harden / JJ Redick /
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Carlos Delfino
    PF: Paul Millsap / Donatas Motiejunas / Terrence Jones
    C: Omer Asik / Greg Smith / Cole Aldrich

Paul and Harden would be the best back court in the NBA. We might have the best 1-2-3 PGs in the NBA. The bench would be killer with Lin driving in kicking out to Redick or Delfino.

OR

PG: Jeremy Lin / Toney Douglas / Scott Machado
    SG: James Harden / JJ Redick
    SF: Josh Smith / Chandler Parsons

Our defense would be the best in the nba. We could still run like we do now with Lin, Harden, and Smith. Then Parsons would be the 6th man of the year. Redick is still there adding 3's and good minutes.

Remember the Rockets are the Youngest team in the league right now.
    Chris Paul's first year max would've been $16,402,500 this year because he's played 7-9 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    Chris Paul's first year max would've been $16,402,500 this year because he's played 7-9 years.
    Just means Rockets would have to use one of the exceptions on Delfino instead of signing him outright. Maybe go over the cap but we're not planning any sign and trades if we don't on Paul, Millsap, or Josh Smith..
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Last I checked, the rockets had a 15 man roster. 15 be dat numbah after fo'teen and befo' sixteen.
    People will post anything for attention huh??? Attention be dat thing you wish fo befo you open your mouth n respect be dat thang you never get.

vCash
    I think their offense greatly benefits from harden, he's playing the legit #1 guy, but he also moves the ball. Love his game, love him for this team too.

vCash
    OK so forgot Paul was in 7th year. It changes his max. So here are the reflected changes:

Here is my plan for the Rockets next year that I think can make us serious contenders:

First, I think next year the cap will go up slightly as it hasn't in 3 years. I expect a cap of 60.2 million. (this is based on the revenue formula used to calculate the cap and the expected revenue of this season)

I think the Rockets keep Douglas but we're going to trade Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris. That will clear $5.5 million. That will put us roughly around $32.5 million. That will give us about $27.5 million.

Now remember contracts always escalate as the years pass, where the 1st year is the cheapest year. So I believe we can sign a max deal (Chris Paul, Josh smith, ect) and the first year will cost us $17,168,750 and that is based off the salary cap and Paul's 7th year (if it's Chris Paul) deal.

After signing the Max deal this will then leave the Rockets about $10.331 million. We use that to sign Paul Millsap. His first year might come in around $9.5 million based on a $12 million dollar annual salary.

That would leave the Rockets slightly under the cap: Around $900,000 . We would then get 2 exceptions: Non-Taxpayers of about $5 million and the Salary Cap Exception (for those under) of about $2.335 million.

We would have to use the Non-Taxpayer Exception on Redick. We then can use the remaining exceptions for small fillers (such as Delfino) and a draft pick.

Paul and Harden would be the best back court in the NBA. We might have the best 1-2-3 PGs in the NBA. The bench would be killer with Lin driving in kicking out to Redick or Delfino.

OR

Our defense would be the best in the nba. We could still run like we do now with Lin, Harden, and Smith. Then Parsons would be the 6th man of the year. Redick is still there adding 3's and good minutes.

TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    OK so forgot Paul was in 7th year. It changes his max. So here are the reflected changes:

Now remember contracts always escalate as the years pass, where the 1st year is the cheapest year. So I believe we can sign a max deal (Chris Paul, Josh smith, ect) and the first year will cost us $17,168,750 and that is based off the salary cap and Paul's 7th year (if it's Chris Paul) deal.

After signing the Max deal this will then leave the Rockets about $10.331 million. We use that to sign Paul Millsap. His first year might come in around $9.5 million based on a $12 million dollar annual salary.

That would leave the Rockets slightly under the cap: Around $900,000 . We would then get 2 exceptions: Non-Taxpayers of about $5 million and the Salary Cap Exception (for those under) of about $2.335 million.

We would have to use the Non-Taxpayer Exception on Redick. We then can use the remaining exceptions for small fillers (such as Delfino) and a draft pick.

OR

i dont think you can assume paul will do anything but stay with the clippers. especially with the way their team is playing and the way they have meshed. you have to assume he is happy there and wont leave to come to houston.

would it be nice if he came to the rockets? sure. but i really dont see that happening.

also, in regards to your sig, i respect jabari parker and coach k but its all about crean and the hoosiers! see you guys in march

vCash
    Utah did beat Houston, Hardin left about half way through at Energy. Then Houston won us in Texas with Hardin playing the whole time. We both won by a large enough margin, and the series is tied 1-1.

Hardin and Lin can win games, but to beat the real teams like LAC, LAL, OKC and Memphis your gonna be able to fight fire with fire, all star vs all star. The question is, do you think your two are better than their two?

Utah has an "all star" bench, which wins us games. We don't have all stars like you, so its a group effort, which is either a great thing or a terrible thing. Hardin and Lin are young and if they can put up huge numbers every night, you will win games, but it won't be as consistent, especially on the road.

However, the danger is, what if they don't put up enough numbers? Like when you didn't have Hardin who only got 9 points in Utah's win! The loss of either one is a devastating blow. I think Houston has two amazing players worth building the franchise on. I have said in other places that, you give these two guys a couple years and were talking full blown All Stars. You need to fill out the roster with guys who can build around these two, so by next year, you can be a turn around like Golden State, who for some reason is doing great.

You aren't doing amazing, but your not doing terrible. I think everyone was expecting a definite playoff team from your two guys, but with such a tough west coast, your gonna need more than just Hardin and Lin to get past 1st round(or into it). They might get you in the Playoffs, but your in a tough division with two other teams who are doing great so no division title this year. So your gonna have to hope you do good enough to make the bottom 4.

I don't expect Houston to be a playoff team, they might, like how utah barley slipped in last year. I think Houston will be like Utah last year, who had talent, but wasn't really a threat. So by this time next year, I expect Houston to literally rocket up past the average team. I just don't know how your gonna fill out your roster with no super trade value.

If you could sign Al and Paul from us, you would be set.

vCash
    They have a promising team, a more dominant C could make them contenders.

vCash
    Yeah having a .500 at this point, is not gonna be good enough for a playoff spot. Historically you could get in the last spots, but I am guessing at this rate there will be a few teams with .500 who won't make the playoffs, probably from tie breakers.

vCash
    They certainly have surprised me - I expected them to be fighting for 8th and a .500 record at best. We'll see if things even out as the season goes on.

I do feel like it's a bit of a mistake not to get guys like Machado, Montiejunas and Jones more burn (and I've heard that the Rockets generally wait to play their rookies). Sort of the same thing with the Jazz and Favors/Kanter. Neither team has much of a chance to make noise once their in the playoffs so why not take a couple hits to the win column and be better for next year?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast