Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    Everyone is sleeping on Patrick Patterson. He's going to be a very good two way PF with a 3ball, those are very rare. Not sure how well his post game will develop but it's not essential at the pace Houston plays. Then they have Morris, Jones, Montiejunas, and White waiting to develop. Not worth the money to spend on non-elite players like Milsap.
    Patterson's problem is that he can't rebound to save his life and he's wildly inconsistent offensively. Millsap is a huge upgrade over him, and the team is actually playing better with Marcus Morris starting with him out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Patterson's problem is that he can't rebound to save his life and he's wildly inconsistent offensively. Millsap is a huge upgrade over him, and the team is actually playing better with Marcus Morris starting with him out.
    Patterson's rebounding is fine. He's inconsistent but that's what most young players are, really I'd like to see him get to the line a bit more because he's got the athleticism to do so.

The money Milsap gets is going to be too much and I can't see Morey wasting his cap space like that. I'm not sure who he'll target but right now the biggest key to the Rockets succeeding is Jeremy Lin.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    The OP also forgot to mention cap space. Imagine they convinced Howard to play there? Then you add to that the ability to acquire another top player or two with their assets. They have a bright future if they play their cards right.

vCash
    Patterson's rebounding is fine. He's inconsistent but that's what most young players are, really I'd like to see him get to the line a bit more because he's got the athleticism to do so.
    Not a problem? He's averaging 5.8 rebounds per 36 minutes. That's inexcusable for a starting PF. He doesn't box out well or keep big bodies out of the paint and it leads to a lot of second chance opportunities for opposing teams. He's got a good 2 inches on Morris, but Morris is still better on the glass.

The money Milsap gets is going to be too much and I can't see Morey wasting his cap space like that. I'm not sure who he'll target but right now the biggest key to the Rockets succeeding is Jeremy Lin.
    It depends on the amount Millsap gets, but I don't see it as a waste. He's superior at nearly every single aspect of the game to Patterson and Morris other than 3-point range. I'd much rather have him than Josh Smith and I don't think Jefferson is a good fit at the 4.

vCash
    Not a problem? He's averaging 5.8 rebounds per 36 minutes. That's inexcusable for a starting PF. He doesn't box out well or keep big bodies out of the paint and it leads to a lot of second chance opportunities for opposing teams. He's got a good 2 inches on Morris, but Morris is still better on the glass.
    Sir, the Rockets are 3rd in defensive rebounding percentage and Patterson's numbers are low due in part to McHale's tranisition philosophy as well as playing with Asik. Don't get too caught up in what a certain position is supposed to do. If the Rockets were a poor rebounding team and Patterson had an established history of being soft then I would be concerned.

It depends on the amount Millsap gets, but I don't see it as a waste. He's superior at nearly every single aspect of the game to Patterson and Morris other than 3-point range. I'd much rather have him than Josh Smith and I don't think Jefferson is a good fit at the 4.
    I'm biased, I don't think Millsap is as good as most people seem to think. I also think Patterson is going to grow into the better player. Besides that, you have 3 PF's on 4 year rookie deals that all possess tremendous potential. A trade for an elite player is one thing, but spending money on a third tier PF doesn't make sense.

What kind of salary do you expect Millsap to earn?
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    PatPat is on the Bargs/Lopez level of rebounding. I don't think he fits this system at all. Trade gim to Orlando and get JJ and make my dreams come true please.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    rockets is my 2nd favorite team if they can get at least a scoring rebounding and everything in pf position they will be at least a 4-8 seeded playoff team but if they can get athletic sf along that pf they are pretty scary 2 person coming in my mind is milsap and chandler (denver player) milsap is fit in their system he can run and he is still young and the guys rockets now can be a good bench player and in the end they can be the young core to replace the starters now imagine

lin/douglas
    harden/cook or jj redick (via trade or FA)
    chandler/parsons
    milsap/morris
    asik/motiejunas

they cant compete if they stock in the young talents harden needs a slightly veteran players to compete on the high level

vCash
    Sir, the Rockets are 3rd in defensive rebounding percentage and Patterson's numbers are low due in part to McHale's tranisition philosophy as well as playing with Asik. Don't get too caught up in what a certain position is supposed to do. If the Rockets were a poor rebounding team and Patterson had an established history of being soft then I would be concerned.
    And the fact that the Rockets are such a good rebounding team in spite of Pattersons' poor work on the glass should be especially concerning. That means they're rebounding well in spite of him not because of him. He was 63 out of 70 PFs last season in defensive rebound rate. Does that sound like a starter to you?

I'm biased, I don't think Millsap is as good as most people seem to think. I also think Patterson is going to grow into the better player. Besides that, you have 3 PF's on 4 year rookie deals that all possess tremendous potential. A trade for an elite player is one thing, but spending money on a third tier PF doesn't make sense.

What kind of salary do you expect Millsap to earn?
    I don't think Millsap is elite, but I think he's better than third tier and easily worth a $10-12 million a year contract. If I'm Morey, I'd be willing to offer four years, $40-50 million. If they can't get Howard or Paul in free agency and a trade for Love is out of the question, Millsap is the next best option.

I do think the Rockets have some talented bigs already on the roster, but we have yet to see what they're really capable of. If Morey feels like Millsap is better than the ceiling of Morris, Motiejunas or Jones, than he should sign him.

vCash
    And the fact that the Rockets are such a good rebounding team in spite of Pattersons' poor work on the glass should be especially concerning. That means they're rebounding well in spite of him not because of him. He was 63 out of 70 PFs last season in defensive rebound rate. Does that sound like a starter to you?
    Defensive rebounding on individual level is horribly overrated by fans and probably many in the league. Is the hope that you add a better defensive rebounder and go from #3 to 1? Seriously of all the things Patterson needs to improve on, rebounding is near the bottom of the list.

I don't think Millsap is elite, but I think he's better than third tier and easily worth a $10-12 million a year contract. If I'm Morey, I'd be willing to offer four years, $40-50 million. If they can't get Howard or Paul in free agency and a trade for Love is out of the question, Millsap is the next best option.

I do think the Rockets have some talented bigs already on the roster, but we have yet to see what they're really capable of. If Morey feels like Millsap is better than the ceiling of Morris, Motiejunas or Jones, than he should sign him.
    Ibaka got $12m and he's better and younger than Millsap so I think that would be high. $10m is probably market value but there's probably better ways for Houston to spend their cap space.

I agree if Morey doesn't like any of his bigs than Millsap becomes an option.

vCash
    Yea, I don't think Ibaka was allowed to make more than that though.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Yea, I don't think Ibaka was allowed to make more than that though.
    He signed for less than the $13.6m maximum for a player of his experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    PatPat is on the Bargs/Lopez level of rebounding. I don't think he fits this system at all. Trade gim to Orlando and get JJ and make my dreams come true please.
    jj?

vCash
    Trade for Cousins with all the spare young guys and you guys might have the most dominant C/PF combo in the league and you pair that with Lin and Harden and wow...

I might be turning into a Rockets fan. Not even kidding. Wish i could get more of their games here in the NY area

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash

Well I think the Rockets have a great foundation. I think next year we can take a HUGE leap. As I have told you in the Rockets forum, I think Millsap is a must-add player for us.

Here is my plan for the Rockets next year that I think can make us serious contenders:

First, I think next year the cap will go up slightly as it hasn't in 3 years. I expect a cap of 60.2 million. (this is based on the revenue formula used to calculate the cap and the expected revenue of this season)

I think the Rockets keep Douglas but we're going to trade Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris. That will clear $5.5 million. That will put us roughly around $32.5 million. That will give us about $27.5 million.

Now remember contracts always escalate as the years pass, where the 1st year is the cheapest year. So I believe we can sign a max deal (Chris Paul, Josh smith, ect) and the first year will cost us $13,668,750 and that is based off Harden's deal.

After signing the Max deal this will then leave the Rockets about $13.831 million. We use that to sign Paul Millsap. His first year might come in around $9.5 million based on a $12 million dollar annual salary.

That would leave the Rockets slightly under the cap: $4.331 million. We would then get 2 exceptions: Non-Taxpayers of about $5 million and the Salary Cap (for those under) of about $2.335 million.

We use the rest of the cap money to sign JJ Redick. We can use that money or the non-taxpayers exception. We then can use money and/or the remaining exceptions for small fillers (such as Delfino) and a draft pick.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

You could have the Rockets with potential lineups of:

PG: Chris Paul / Jeremy Lin / Toney Douglas
    SG: James Harden / JJ Redick /
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Carlos Delfino
    PF: Paul Millsap / Donatas Motiejunas / Terrence Jones
    C: Omer Asik / Greg Smith / Cole Aldrich

Paul and Harden would be the best back court in the NBA. We might have the best 1-2-3 PGs in the NBA. The bench would be killer with Lin driving in kicking out to Redick or Delfino.

OR

PG: Jeremy Lin / Toney Douglas / Scott Machado
    SG: James Harden / JJ Redick
    SF: Josh Smith / Chandler Parsons
    PF: Paul Millsap / Donatas Motiejunas / Terrence Jones
    C: Omer Asik / Greg Smith / Cole Aldrich

Our defense would be the best in the nba. We could still run like we do now with Lin, Harden, and Smith. Then Parsons would be the 6th man of the year. Redick is still there adding 3's and good minutes.

Remember the Rockets are the Youngest team in the league right now.
    Last edited by WhiteSoxGod; 12-26-2012 at 03:03 PM.

vCash
    they're pretty good, except for the lin guy.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast