Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    they're doing what a young team is supposed to do .. run and be the most athletic on the court. with that however comes those 'young' problems. they lead the league in turnovers per game, and they are in the bottom 5-10 defensively. upside is through the roof considering all the variables with cap space, marketable players etc... player development on the other hand is a peeve of mine. mchale is stubborn with his guys, and as one guy said earlier in this very thread, that even in huge blowouts mchale wont send in the kids to play in the sandbox. he may have his PF on the roster in terrance jones or donuts motijunas, instead of overspending on marginal,household players. fun to watch, and thats all i really wanted to start the season, i dont think anyone expected a long run out of them, but i'll tell you that if they figure out how to play defense this team wont be an easy out in the 1st round.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    Morey should and probably would be patient and avoid overspending on a guy like Milsap. To get them to the next level, they'd need a stud big man, not just a Milsap level player.... in fact, they'd be better off making the smart money conscious value deals that Morey has been making. The speed at which this team plays and the potential for players like Lin, Parsons or Asik to explode to go with Harden's consistent big games will make them dangerous if they go on a sudden hot streak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Morey should and probably would be patient and avoid overspending on a guy like Milsap. To get them to the next level, they'd need a stud big man, not just a Milsap level player.... in fact, they'd be better off making the smart money conscious value deals that Morey has been making. The speed at which this team plays and the potential for players like Lin, Parsons or Asik to explode to go with Harden's consistent big games will make them dangerous if they go on a sudden hot streak.
    I am going to go ahead and say this. Whatever Morey does is probably better than what you think they should do.

Morey is a flat out genius.

vCash
    That's why I didn't put any suggestions. No one saw the Harden deal coming.

vCash
    And I think the Asik, Lin and Parson moves were also good because they all fit the balls to the wall style they want to play. Whoever they bring in as a power forward will have to be able to play at that speed. No old man flat footers.

vCash
    Not only are they already super high in the simple rating system, but they are the youngest team in the NBA.

Rockets are awesome.

vCash
    Quote(why not take a couple hits to the win column and be better for next year?)
    I wish the Jazz would do this already. I spend every week demanding more play time for guys like Burks and Evans. Like Houston, you have potential starters who need time to grow. Without getting minutes continually, they will end up like Burks who is a first rounder, but isn't getting expected minutes. Look at Sacremento, its very hard to play when you don't know if your even gonna play.

Houston can be in the top 8, and I was beggining to think they were gonna take the 6th spot for sure. But this is a long season, and like I have said one hiccup can mean disaster. Which means they should be more concerned with team development, than pushing their starters to wins, just so they "might" make the the bottom 4 and face a top tier experienced team in a blowout 1st round.(just like the Jazz did last year).

I think Paul is a great player for the Houston, but for the money I guess its your call. Al is over paid, but he is worth it if you can't get anyone else to your team. Houston shouldn't have a problem attracting guys who want to race for the ring. Harden and Lin are great recruitment posters.

I could see guys like Ray Allen going to Houston to be under paid so that they can get a ring.
    This year just has way to many unexpected great teams, and only a very few who are unexpectedly sucking it up under .500. I wish Houston and Utah would get their eyes off this years playoff run, and think about next year. Thinking about next year doesn't mean you suck and your season is blown. It means your team isnt set in stone like Spurs, Lakers, NY, or Miami. The only reason you should look at this years playoffs, IF, and only IF you made it last year.
    Houston didn't make it last year with a .500 same with Suns. You didn't make it the year before with a .500.

Houston is looking at another .500, and there likely to be squeezed out by the huge number of .500 teams wanting in! However if Lakers and Dallas keep sucking it up, only two teams won't make it. Right now that team is Utah and Minnesota. If you think these four teams won't fight you for your spot, think again.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-27-2012 at 03:40 AM.

vCash
    Gut feeling here... Kevin Love in Houston, either via a trade (short term) or by signing a contract here (long term).

Harden and him seem to be really good friends and Harden also said "I have started the recruitment process" to bring another superstar in Houston (not Love specifically). He knows how the league works, and he's ready to pitch the team and city to other players.
    Just a gut feeling that he'll end up here somehow. Team USA is where it all starts...

Fear The BeardS

The team probably won't look like this in the future (personally I'm no Lin fan, outside of the $$$ and exposure he gives the team), but imagine:

Lin (24y. old)
    Harden (23y. old)
    Parsons (24y. old)
    Love (24y. old)
    Asik (26. old), though (132y. old in Turkish calendar)

That is a solid, solid starting 5. Also an average of 24.2 years old...

vCash
    Shake the haters of houston. You remind me of the hawks except your zenith is slightly higher than ours as currently constructed. We need you guys to make the playoffs for the 15th or 16th pick.

We own your 2nd round as well, ironic. Anyhow, an athletic 4 forward is all that's missing from contending in the West. Damn shame you guys took a chance on the whack job instead of Zeller.

vCash
    Rockets are a damn good team. I'm still not sold on Lin being your PG because I don't think you can ever win a title with Lin (prove me wrong) but you guys have been impressive thus far.

vCash
    Fun to watch from what I've seen in highlights and then on Christmas day..I envy you guys, for getting Harden was really crossing my fingers he'd end up on the Suns.. but like 94 and 95 i was left heartbroken..

vCash
    The Rockets are shaping up to be a pretty scary dark horse play off team.

16-12 and just stole a game from Minnesota on a back to back in Minnesota. 5th win in a row after blowing out Memphis, NYK, Phillie, and Chicago.

We'll see what they're really made of this weekend. They're heading into games @SAS and vs OKC on nights 3/4 of a 4 in 5. Tough hill to climb for any team, let alone this young squad.

Still, they're solidly in the play off mix now. They're nowhere near contender material, but they definitely have serious upside and an all star PF could push them over the top. It's mind boggling how fast this team is finding their footing considering their youth (24), inexperience (1.3 years NBA experience on average), and how many new players they have (13).

Either way, they'll be in the play offs next year and barring serious changes should be a legitimate play off team for years to come.

And they didn't even tank.

vCash
    all we need is Kevin Love to take that next step.........

The Evil Empire Strikes Back...Take Em Home Frankie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlJl1LfDP4

vCash
    My opinion on the Rockets is that James Harden is a stud.

A good two-way big man (PF) away from being a really really good team.

vCash
    Fear the beard!!! That is all I have to say.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast