Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

opinion on rockets...?

rockets fan here. was wondering what the sentiment was about the rockets from other fans.

i wasn't expecting much from this team this year. i thought, as the youngest team in the league, that they would be wildly inconsistant.

so far they have the #1 offense in the league, putting up 105 PPG, and that was before tonights 120 point outburst against the bulls.

they put up 121 points to the grizzlies two nights ago (The top defensive team in the league).

overall, all of there players have been playing very well. they have a ton of valauble trade chips. asik is averaging 11 and 11, marcus morris, chandler parsons, and patrick patterson are all affordable young players who have shown they can play at a high level in the nba. they also have donatas motiejunas and terrance jones who havent been able to see the floor this year, despite playing exeptionally well this summer.

so...what are your thoughts on this young rockets squad? lin and harden get a lot of the attention but this team is young and well-rounded.

they're currently the 6th seed at 15-12 although the season is still very early
    Last edited by AWC713; 12-26-2012 at 01:59 AM.

vCash
    Awesome team...holy **** is Omer good

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    The best up and coming young team in the league.

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AWC713 View Post
    rockets fan here. was wondering what the sentiment was about the rockets from other fans.

i wasn't expecting much from this team this year. i thought, as the youngest team in the league, that they would be wildly inconsistant.

so far they have the #1 offense in the league, putting up 105 PPG, and that was before tonights 120 point outburst against the bulls.

they put up 121 points to the grizzlies two nights ago (The top defensive team in the league).

overall, all of there players have been playing very well. they have a ton of valauble trade chips. asik is averaging 11 and 11, marcus morris, chandler parsons, and patrick patterson are all affordable young players who have shown they can play at a high level in the nba. they also have donatas motiejunas and terrance jones who havent been able to see the floor this year, despite playing exeptionally well this summer.

so...what are your thoughts on this young rockets squad? lin and harden get a lot of the attention but this team is young and well-rounded.
    As I said in another thread, the sky's the limit. Early in the season, they were feasting on and destroying EC teams. Now, they're dishing out the same to the best in the west as well.

The rockets are far under the cap, and will have about $15 mil to spend at season's end, with the current roster intact.

Parsons is a very underrated talent, and TJones has the potential to be a horace grant type of a player in the future.

vCash
    13eard.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    They wont win anything with only Lin and Harden. Best believe dat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusWears24 View Post
    They wont win anything with only Lin and Harden. Best believe dat!
    Last I checked, the rockets had a 15 man roster. 15 be dat numbah after fo'teen and befo' sixteen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Last I checked, the rockets had a 15 man roster. 15 be dat numbah after fo'teen and befo' sixteen.
    Best believe that!
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    People will post anything for attention huh??? Attention be dat thing you wish fo befo you open your mouth n respect be dat thang you never get.

vCash
    OK so forgot Paul was in 7th year. It changes his max. So here are the reflected changes:

Here is my plan for the Rockets next year that I think can make us serious contenders:

First, I think next year the cap will go up slightly as it hasn't in 3 years. I expect a cap of 60.2 million. (this is based on the revenue formula used to calculate the cap and the expected revenue of this season)

I think the Rockets keep Douglas but we're going to trade Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris. That will clear $5.5 million. That will put us roughly around $32.5 million. That will give us about $27.5 million.

Now remember contracts always escalate as the years pass, where the 1st year is the cheapest year. So I believe we can sign a max deal (Chris Paul, Josh smith, ect) and the first year will cost us $17,168,750 and that is based off the salary cap and Paul's 7th year (if it's Chris Paul) deal.

After signing the Max deal this will then leave the Rockets about $10.331 million. We use that to sign Paul Millsap. His first year might come in around $9.5 million based on a $12 million dollar annual salary.

That would leave the Rockets slightly under the cap: Around $900,000 . We would then get 2 exceptions: Non-Taxpayers of about $5 million and the Salary Cap Exception (for those under) of about $2.335 million.

We would have to use the Non-Taxpayer Exception on Redick. We then can use the remaining exceptions for small fillers (such as Delfino) and a draft pick.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

You could have the Rockets with potential lineups of:

PG: Chris Paul / Jeremy Lin / Toney Douglas
    SG: James Harden / JJ Redick /
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Carlos Delfino
    PF: Paul Millsap / Donatas Motiejunas / Terrence Jones
    C: Omer Asik / Greg Smith / Cole Aldrich

Paul and Harden would be the best back court in the NBA. We might have the best 1-2-3 PGs in the NBA. The bench would be killer with Lin driving in kicking out to Redick or Delfino.

OR

PG: Jeremy Lin / Toney Douglas / Scott Machado
    SG: James Harden / JJ Redick
    SF: Josh Smith / Chandler Parsons

Our defense would be the best in the nba. We could still run like we do now with Lin, Harden, and Smith. Then Parsons would be the 6th man of the year. Redick is still there adding 3's and good minutes.

Remember the Rockets are the Youngest team in the league right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    OK so forgot Paul was in 7th year. It changes his max. So here are the reflected changes:

Here is my plan for the Rockets next year that I think can make us serious contenders:

First, I think next year the cap will go up slightly as it hasn't in 3 years. I expect a cap of 60.2 million. (this is based on the revenue formula used to calculate the cap and the expected revenue of this season)

I think the Rockets keep Douglas but we're going to trade Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris. That will clear $5.5 million. That will put us roughly around $32.5 million. That will give us about $27.5 million.

Now remember contracts always escalate as the years pass, where the 1st year is the cheapest year. So I believe we can sign a max deal (Chris Paul, Josh smith, ect) and the first year will cost us $17,168,750 and that is based off the salary cap and Paul's 7th year (if it's Chris Paul) deal.

After signing the Max deal this will then leave the Rockets about $10.331 million. We use that to sign Paul Millsap. His first year might come in around $9.5 million based on a $12 million dollar annual salary.

That would leave the Rockets slightly under the cap: Around $900,000 . We would then get 2 exceptions: Non-Taxpayers of about $5 million and the Salary Cap Exception (for those under) of about $2.335 million.

We would have to use the Non-Taxpayer Exception on Redick. We then can use the remaining exceptions for small fillers (such as Delfino) and a draft pick.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

You could have the Rockets with potential lineups of:

PG: Chris Paul / Jeremy Lin / Toney Douglas
    SG: James Harden / JJ Redick /
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Carlos Delfino

Paul and Harden would be the best back court in the NBA. We might have the best 1-2-3 PGs in the NBA. The bench would be killer with Lin driving in kicking out to Redick or Delfino.

OR

PG: Jeremy Lin / Toney Douglas / Scott Machado
    SG: James Harden / JJ Redick
    SF: Josh Smith / Chandler Parsons

Our defense would be the best in the nba. We could still run like we do now with Lin, Harden, and Smith. Then Parsons would be the 6th man of the year. Redick is still there adding 3's and good minutes.

Remember the Rockets are the Youngest team in the league right now.
    i dont think you can assume paul will do anything but stay with the clippers. especially with the way their team is playing and the way they have meshed. you have to assume he is happy there and wont leave to come to houston.

would it be nice if he came to the rockets? sure. but i really dont see that happening.

also, in regards to your sig, i respect jabari parker and coach k but its all about crean and the hoosiers! see you guys in march

vCash
    Harden right now mybe the hottest wing player in the league. Dde is averaging 31 points on 61% in the last 8 games and all the while the Rockets have won 7 out of those 8 games including beating the Knicks in NY, Memphis, Bulls and the Lakers.

vCash
    i thought they'd still suck with Harden...I knew he'd be good but not THIS good. Also didn't expect Asik and Parsons to be so good. Rockets have impressed me.

vCash
    I think they're going to sign Millsap in the offseason, and if they do that and sign good bench players they could be one of the best teams in the West.

vCash
    i don't understand,why Mcchale only plays 8 players....damm against chicago bulls they was leading 34 points and he still was playing starters,and only let rookies to play when only 3 minutes was left in 4 quarter...damm,you have T.Jones,D.Motiejunas really good young talented players,why not give them some time,when you team winning 34 points...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast