Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Texans @ Colts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Christ View Post
    sack record because no other interior lineman will ever get close to that. JJ is having a historic run.

dudes, ive seriously never been this pissed and hungry for a win, and i've been down with the oilers a long time ago. im not even buying into the teary eyed pagano horseshit. sorry to sound callous. we need to whip the snot out of these colts and shut some people up. schaub needs to go on the road and recapture his goddamn nuts and the offensive line needs to slap each other into a frenzy before the game because they've been awful over the last month.

the heavens will fall around here if they choke this game and the homefield away ... yet another line of humiliations in HTown sports history.

very well said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I laughed when I saw Shaub made it. Being 12-3 during the voting process obviously got him, and Wade in.
    both wade and schaub made it from coaches and players voting. fans only help determine starters
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    sack record because no other interior lineman will ever get close to that. JJ is having a historic run.

dudes, ive seriously never been this pissed and hungry for a win, and i've been down with the oilers a long time ago. im not even buying into the teary eyed pagano horseshit. sorry to sound callous. we need to whip the snot out of these colts and shut some people up. schaub needs to go on the road and recapture his goddamn nuts and the offensive line needs to slap each other into a frenzy before the game because they've been awful over the last month.

the heavens will fall around here if they choke this game and the homefield away ... yet another line of humiliations in HTown sports history.
    "It's a Namaste. It means respect. It just means, 'I see the God in you.' It's me paying my respect to the game of football."
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck

vCash
    with everyone writing us off now and in the playoffs saying we are going to be 1 and done regardless if we have homefield

being under the rader might be what we needed

vCash

which are you expecting? For us to dominate, or limp into the playoffs?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    both wade and schaub made it from coaches and players voting. fans only help determine starters
    I never mentioned fan voting. Wade is a joke making it, and would anyone really take Shaub over Luck this season, especially if you gave him our weapons?

Look, its the same in any sport. The team with the best record sends a ton of all stars/pro bowlers, and some of their guys get the benefit of the doubt. Shaub, and for sure Smith, are examples.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goku View Post
    with everyone writing us off now and in the playoffs saying we are going to be 1 and done regardless if we have homefield

being under the rader might be what we needed
    Does anyone think that if our offense doesn't wake up, and our ILB and S play don't improve, there is any reason the think we last more than 1 game?

The only bright side is there have been teams that ate **** down the stretch, that came alive in the playoffs before, plenty of times. hell, the Giants were giving up like 200 points per game the last few going into the playoffs, and ran the table.

vCash
    Does anyone think that if our offense doesn't wake up, and our ILB and S play don't improve, there is any reason the think we last more than 1 game?

The only bright side is there have been teams that ate **** down the stretch, that came alive in the playoffs before, plenty of times. hell, the Giants were giving up like 200 points per game the last few going into the playoffs, and ran the table.
    Saints were 0-3 to finish the regular season the year they won the ship and the Packers were 1-2 I believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    Saints were 0-3 to finish the regular season the year they won the ship and the Packers were 1-2 I believe.
    it happens, like I said. But we don't have Eli, Drew, or Aaron at the helm. This is a city of sports disappointment. Until one of our teams proves otherwise, its so hard to believe.

vCash
    which are you expecting? For us to dominate, or limp into the playoffs?
    i honestly expect to see a team that is pissed off, and should be. they have been getting humiliated lately and im sure they all hear it because thats all this city is talking about. schaub is scared and the defense sucks. i know this team can play wayyyy better, i've seen it with my own two eyes. i honestly cant really think of a game where from start to finish we clicked on all cylinders this year. its time. if they cant get it going for these most meaningful games, they never will and once again i think it would be time to change things up.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    i honestly expect to see a team that is pissed off, and should be. they have been getting humiliated lately and im sure they all hear it because thats all this city is talking about. schaub is scared and the defense sucks. i know this team can play wayyyy better, i've seen it with my own two eyes. i honestly cant really think of a game where from start to finish we clicked on all cylinders this year. its time. if they cant get it going for these most meaningful games, they never will and once again i think it would be time to change things up.
    we played very well early, and I think around the Jets game is where we started slipping.

I want to believe you, but I see zero passion in Shaub. He just seems to not have any fire. I am with you, if they end up limping into the playoffs, and get beat right away, time to change some things. Just so hard to do when you are on the cusp of being a great team. How do you upgrade over Shaub? We won't draft high enough for it to matter, unless we get that diamond in the rough that is impossible to figure out. We are not a risky franchise, meaning we rarely make trades for someone who might not be fitting in somewhere else (Percy Harvin anyone?).

Idk man, these last 6 weeks have been demoralizing, and if they don't turn it around and be the football team they are supposed to be, this city will flip out.

Honestly, they were better last year. Our defense by miles.

vCash
    i think mike vick would put this offense into the stratoshpere, i just think of the stubborness of this regime and EVEN if schaub sucks in the playoffs they still might not pull the trigger until it was too late. hell holding onto carr that extra stupid year cost us some big name QB, cant remember right now.

losing cushing to that cowardly cheap shot by slauson doomed our interior defense. i felt last year tht getting rid of demeco wasnt a good idea, and everybody just harped how the guy lost a step, and wasnt even playing that much anyways yada,yada, yada ... he sure would be a huge help right now. also, giving up on briesel and winston will ultimately prove to be the proverbial straw that breaks this camels back. i was perplexed last year when these moves went down. now the offense cant run to the right AND is sucking in pass protection on that side, double whammy. hindsight is 20/20 of course, and like i've said these guys may crank it up another notch and shut us all up. i just hope they have the stones to make the changes needed while the window of opportunity is still open if it goes all to hell to end the year.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    the only QBs we missed out on in the draft from not parting ways with carr a year sooner were VY, leinhart, and cutler. not exactly a better situation

as for the o-line, i think its obvious that RT will be a top 3 pick for us (personally i think the end of round 2 is the perfect spot). but both ben jones and brandon brooks have showed promise and i personally think next year jones will be the full time RG (and be better) and that brooks will start to get in a rotation wil wade smith and take over full time the following season
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    i think mike vick would put this offense into the stratoshpere, i just think of the stubborness of this regime and EVEN if schaub sucks in the playoffs they still might not pull the trigger until it was too late. hell holding onto carr that extra stupid year cost us some big name QB, cant remember right now.

losing cushing to that cowardly cheap shot by slauson doomed our interior defense. i felt last year tht getting rid of demeco wasnt a good idea, and everybody just harped how the guy lost a step, and wasnt even playing that much anyways yada,yada, yada ... he sure would be a huge help right now. also, giving up on briesel and winston will ultimately prove to be the proverbial straw that breaks this camels back. i was perplexed last year when these moves went down. now the offense cant run to the right AND is sucking in pass protection on that side, double whammy. hindsight is 20/20 of course, and like i've said these guys may crank it up another notch and shut us all up. i just hope they have the stones to make the changes needed while the window of opportunity is still open if it goes all to hell to end the year.
    Mike Vick sucks and he's a dog killer. I really don't think his resume is that impressive. What has he done in the playoffs? Nothing.

vCash
    2006 was Carr's last year so wouldnt the 05 draft be the draft we should have taken a QB? Cuz thats when Rodgers went. Obviously could have been a totally different story but still.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast