• Justin Verlander

9 47.37%
  • Miguel Cabrera

10 52.63%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JV or Miggy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    I was thinking about it, and contract demands have become rediculous over the last couple of years. Owners will not stand for these contracts. When you need to pay 80 million for Anibal Sanchez, the league has a problem. I would imagine that within the next couple of years, things may change. And I really hope this is the case.
    With TV contracts being what they are now, I see it getting worse, I would be trying to lock guys up long-term asap.

vCash
    Considering JV's arm doesn't break off, I'd have to say JV. It's so hard to not say Miggy but.....I believe the pitching is more important.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    If this is what it comes down to I would trade Cabrera (along with Scherzer) after next season. We can't move Prince and we don't have another ace to replace Verlander, we also have multiple other guys getting big raises here soon, to me it's the obvious move. This is of course assuming Jackson has another really good year.
    Prince, after hitting .300 again next season, will be movable...not very many options. But there are options out there. The Rangers immediately come to mind. Depending on what happens with Napoli and LaRoche, currently the BoSox could be an option. Seattle could be an option down the road too. I still think that the best place for Prince to play would be for the Cubs...but they have Rizzo...but who knows what next season brings.

I would not say that his contract is unmovable though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    I was thinking about it, and contract demands have become rediculous over the last couple of years. Owners will not stand for these contracts. When you need to pay 80 million for Anibal Sanchez, the league has a problem. I would imagine that within the next couple of years, things may change. And I really hope this is the case.
    How does the fact that teams make enough revenue to afford Sanchez at $80 million over 5 years indicate that it has a problem?

vCash
    Cabbage. It'd be way too tough seeing him play for another team at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rodismytiger View Post
    Cabbage. It'd be way too tough seeing him play for another team at this point.
    It would be interesting to see him face Verlander though

vCash
    Besides play 160 games per season, versus 34 for Justin, Cabrera does more to upset and change strategies of a game. His lineup presence changes the way pitchers throw to batters surrounding Cabrera in the lineup too. pLUS his presence at the plate also changes how closely (or not) Tigers runners are held at 1B while Miggy bats.

There are many ways Cabrera changes the course of games all season-long.
    Last edited by MotownWebGuy; 12-30-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123