Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 112
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dirty Duval
    Posts
    6,933
    vCash
    500
    Clearly a jagator fan. Kinda like how Kevin smith has so many rushing yards in college and he should start over Adrian Peterson. Clown logic bro

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,745
    vCash
    1500
    Tebow would come for free, basically. Don't overlook that. It would be the same as bringing in Todd Boumann as third string quarterback.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1170 View Post
    Yeah I felt horrible for Demaryius Thomas when he caught that slant and took it 80 yards for the TD to win the playoff game.

    Look there is no one better out there. No Payton Manning type FA or an Andrew Luck in the draft. It would be a waste to pick a QB in this draft class. Tebow needs a chance to start full time. He is a winner and a great leader, something this team needs. With the right people around him, he can do great things. In his college career he beat Andrew Luck in every stat there is. This team wants to be a power running team. Tebow gives you that. Instead of concentrating on MJD, they have to account for Tebow. Thats when he hits his receivers cause the defense must cheat up and play the run.

    Denver screwed up by not keeping Tebow. Tebow would have gladly sat on the bench in Denver and learned mechanics a couple years behind Peyton Manning. It would be a no brainer for everyone cause no one would be screaming for Tebow over Peyton. Elway's and Fox's arrogance blew that for them. When Manning retires in a year or two, who will they have? Could have had Tebow ready to go.

    I guarantee we would get more than 2 freakin wins with Tebow fulltime at the helm.
    i gurantee you we get 4 more wins with a better defense and not changing qbs from Henne to gabbert or tebow. add some offensive linemen, maybe a backup RB, Backup TE, slot wr(maybe) and leave that offense alone.

    this defense needs more speed and athletic abilities.

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Tebow would come for free, basically. Don't overlook that. It would be the same as bringing in Todd Boumann as third string quarterback.
    anything that is free is generally worth wat u pay for it.

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dirty Duval
    Posts
    6,933
    vCash
    500
    There is no such thing as a free lunch

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    There is no such thing as a free lunch
    unless u live in the homeless shelter or maybe jail(dont know how it works) but even then someone is paying for it even if its not u

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dirty Duval
    Posts
    6,933
    vCash
    500
    That's how the saying goes....

    When in Rome...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville Beach FL
    Posts
    32
    vCash
    1500
    havent been on this forum in a while... sad year to be a jags fan.... i figured i'd way in on this topic.

    i find it funny that so many people pull out their stat comparisons and win percentages in an attempt to prove that tebow is a little better than what we currently have...i feel as though finding someone who is just not as bad as our current personell is just putting a bandaid on a huge wound.... we need to readdress the line like we did 4 years ago, no QB could handle some of the pressure this line allows, let alone 2 guy who combine for 3 years of experience with this team(henne and gabbs).... how is it that 31 other NFL franchises dont seem to see those same comparisons the same way we do? to me this seems like a publicity move more than a football move which IMO is a mistake to gamble with on a professional level.... i have heard people saying bring him in for positions other than QB, but why... why experiment with something rather than find people who actually play those position like full back and tight end.... tebow is his own position on a a team which is but not limited to-clipboard holder/ wildcat QB/ pastor/ media whore/ WR stat wrecker/ inspirational speaker/ punt coverage team kinda/ prolly a pretty good spotter for weight lifting( but now im just guessing)... any way point is he is he is alot of things but i dont think he is a NFL QB and i dont think the jags are in a postion to suck for another year if we did something like this and ends up failing.

    im not happy with this season, but its hard to say i would have done a whole lot different... our former , as some would call him, crappy GM, made moves that needed to made to fill positions that we needed filled with football talent...talent his scouts had researched and confirmed(maybe worngly), but he trusted his scouts not the media hype... which is something i respected about gene and would like to continue to see from our new gm... if the guy is guilty of anything its trusting his scouts too much, but like i said, i like that about some GM's.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dirty Duval
    Posts
    6,933
    vCash
    500
    Preach!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville Beach FL
    Posts
    32
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jags4life View Post
    preach!
    amen!!!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,500
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1170 View Post
    Yeah I felt horrible for Demaryius Thomas when he caught that slant and took it 80 yards for the TD to win the playoff game.

    Look there is no one better out there. No Payton Manning type FA or an Andrew Luck in the draft. It would be a waste to pick a QB in this draft class. Tebow needs a chance to start full time. He is a winner and a great leader, something this team needs. With the right people around him, he can do great things. In his college career he beat Andrew Luck in every stat there is. This team wants to be a power running team. Tebow gives you that. Instead of concentrating on MJD, they have to account for Tebow. Thats when he hits his receivers cause the defense must cheat up and play the run.

    Denver screwed up by not keeping Tebow. Tebow would have gladly sat on the bench in Denver and learned mechanics a couple years behind Peyton Manning. It would be a no brainer for everyone cause no one would be screaming for Tebow over Peyton. Elway's and Fox's arrogance blew that for them. When Manning retires in a year or two, who will they have? Could have had Tebow ready to go.

    I guarantee we would get more than 2 freakin wins with Tebow fulltime at the helm.
    Wow he threw one good pass (which traveled in the air about 15 yards)!!! Whippdee ******* doo. Stop acting like he is a great QB. He is a terrible passer. Did you pay attention to his stats when he started? The most he threw for in a game was 236, and that game included OT. The most completions he had in a game was 21. He had single digit completions in 4 of his 10 starts and 2 other times he had 10 completions. One game he had a whole 2 completions. Yet I am supposed to believe he is a good QB and WONT stunt the growth of our WRs?

    Tebow had 126 completions in the season he started. If we add to the 6 games he did not start, we can guess he would have 200 completions (although that is a very very generous estimate). That is less completions in a whole season that Gabbert or Henne had in HALF A SEASON. Somehow I am supposed to believe Tebow would not stunt the growth of the WRs though. Just stop with the nonsense. Tebow coming here would be strictly a publicity stunt, but it would turn away just as many fans as it would bring in. The Jags would become the laughing stock of the NFL and a circus act. If that's what you want your team to become, then fine. That's not what I would hope for my team though

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dirty Duval
    Posts
    6,933
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    Wow he threw one good pass (which traveled in the air about 15 yards)!!! Whippdee ******* doo. Stop acting like he is a great QB. He is a terrible passer. Did you pay attention to his stats when he started? The most he threw for in a game was 236, and that game included OT. The most completions he had in a game was 21. He had single digit completions in 4 of his 10 starts and 2 other times he had 10 completions. One game he had a whole 2 completions. Yet I am supposed to believe he is a good QB and WONT stunt the growth of our WRs?

    Tebow had 126 completions in the season he started. If we add to the 6 games he did not start, we can guess he would have 200 completions (although that is a very very generous estimate). That is less completions in a whole season that Gabbert or Henne had in HALF A SEASON. Somehow I am supposed to believe Tebow would not stunt the growth of the WRs though. Just stop with the nonsense. Tebow coming here would be strictly a publicity stunt, but it would turn away just as many fans as it would bring in. The Jags would become the laughing stock of the NFL and a circus act. If that's what you want your team to become, then fine. That's not what I would hope for my team though
    preach my brother preach!!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    unless u live in the homeless shelter or maybe jail(dont know how it works) ..........
    Jag4Life kind of alternates between the two, as far as I can tell.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    114
    vCash
    1500
    like most other Jaguars fans i have been frustrated by the constant Tebow talk, just because i feel we have 2 QBs that already are better than he is. but the ONLY way i would be happy with a Tim Tebow signing is if we then hire chip kelly to be our HC.

    I know it would be tough to lure Kelly from Oregon but with Tebow he will have a good QB to run the read option offense. also then think of getting a Kenjon Barner or Montee Ball to back up MJD and i really feel we will have a good to potentially great offense.

    then if the Tebow experiment does not work out we can have our fingers crossed for next year and hopefully draft Johnny Manziel to run the read option

    This string of events will for sure make the jaguars a better team and finally relevant again in the NFL

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_i91 View Post
    like most other Jaguars fans i have been frustrated by the constant Tebow talk, just because i feel we have 2 QBs that already are better than he is. but the ONLY way i would be happy with a Tim Tebow signing is if we then hire chip kelly to be our HC.

    I know it would be tough to lure Kelly from Oregon but with Tebow he will have a good QB to run the read option offense. also then think of getting a Kenjon Barner or Montee Ball to back up MJD and i really feel we will have a good to potentially great offense.

    then if the Tebow experiment does not work out we can have our fingers crossed for next year and hopefully draft Johnny Manziel to run the read option

    This string of events will for sure make the jaguars a better team and finally relevant again in the NFL
    i wouldnt take chip kelly to be our HC cuz it means we would need to get a mobile qb who can pass and run and tebow cant pass for crap. as for Manziel goes id be suprised if he declares next year because he needs to develop more as a player. id consider him in the 15 draft if we still need a qb at that time. 2014 draft is all about adding clowney

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •