Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Philadelphia installs condom dispensers in 22 public schools

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-diseases.html
    more schools should do this IMO

Parents can opt their child out of the program by writing a letter to the school, but nurses are not required to maintain a list of which students are permitted to pick up condoms.
    Like opting out will prevent your child from buying a condom?
    Last edited by grandsalami; 12-25-2012 at 11:18 PM.

vCash
    so?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    so?
    More schools should do this IMO,

vCash
    Are there others school that already have implemented them?

vCash
    Kids are going to do what they're told not to do. Hell, it's human nature. If there were condom dispensers in all schools growing up, there's less people in my class who were having babies at such a young age & that's a fact.

Condom dispensers are fine with me but it's the schools in New York handing out the Plan B pill that I have a problem wit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    Are there others school that already have implemented them?
    Not that I know of, but it would be smart to have something like this in more schools..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Sox View Post
    Kids are going to do what they're told not to do. Hell, it's human nature. If there were condom dispensers in all schools growing up, there's less people in my class who were having babies at such a young age & that's a fact.

Condom dispensers are fine with me but it's the schools in New York handing out the Plan B pill that I have a problem wit.
    Free abortion coupons would be way better, right?

Bdawk4prez owns me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Free abortion coupons would be way better, right?
    This particular district has 13 schools handing out Plan B to high school girls...and without any policy that parents have to be notified.

I don't care where you stand on the political map...putting any kind of pill into a student's mouth, w/o their parent's consent, is insane.

vCash
    This particular district has 13 schools handing out Plan B to high school girls...and without any policy that parents have to be notified.

I don't care where you stand on the political map...putting any kind of pill into a student's mouth, w/o their parent's consent, is insane.
    Better a pill in a teenagers mouth than a baby out of a teenagers vagina is what I've always said.

Bdawk4prez owns me.

vCash

I think the issue, is some kids are afraid of how their parents will react if they tell them they are pregnant. Some parents tend to act un adult like when they are dilevered the news (ie violent towards their child)

vCash
    Better a pill in a teenagers mouth than a baby out of a teenagers vagina is what I've always said.
    Yeah, that's it! We'll just solve the problem by pumping pills into teen's mouths!
    Forget having to own up to bad choices and why bother telling parents?

See...this is the kind of radical thinking that has our Country stinking worse than a clogged toilet right now. I'm embarrassed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    I think the issue, is some kids are afraid of how their parents will react if they tell them they are pregnant. Some parents tend to act un adult like when they are dilevered the news (ie violent towards their child)
    Like earlier in the year when a girl got pregnant was too embarrassed to tell he parents, ended up having the baby in the toilet and it died?
    Terrible.

Bdawk4prez owns me.

13. 12-25-2012, 11:46 PM
    Reason
    Not acceptable

vCash
    Like earlier in the year when a girl got pregnant was too embarrassed to tell he parents, ended up having the baby in the toilet and it died?
    Terrible.
    was not my point, but if these kids can get access (either free or cheep via an organzation) to say a condom or Plan B pill, it could help lower the teen pregnancy rate. Some kids seem to be to afraid to get them when they need them.

15. 12-25-2012, 11:48 PM
    Reason
    Please don't respond to those types of posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    was not my point, but if these kids can get access (either free or cheep via an organzation) to say a condom or Plan B pill, it could help lower the teen pregnancy rate.
    I could care less about Plan B but the point is public schools have no business handing it out to students w/o parental consent.

vCash
    I could care less about Plan B but the point is public schools have no business handing it out to students w/o parental consent.
    But what if the result of the parent finding out their underage child is pregnant, is that child being abused by the father or mother?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast