Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    1. No we don't need Howard. Asik is a cheaper, poor man's version of Howard. He gives you better free throw shooting. Maybe not as much offense but we have our starting center. We need to upgrade our weaknesses, center is not one of them.
    Are you really saying we should keep Asik because he shots 60% from the FT line and Howard shots 50? Howard shoots 10 FTs a game, Asik shoots less than 5. And if you look Howard shoots 58% from his carreer while Asik shoots 52%, so I don't know what you're saying here. We're talking about 3-time defensive player of the year. He's averaging 17.7/12/2.6 on 57% from the field on which has been his worst season since his sophomore year.

I do love Asik, but if we could add Howard, who is by the way the best center in the entire league, we're contenders.

And yes we do need Howard or another star player to combine with Harden to beat these superteams in order to contend, Millsap or Smith or Redick would do it, IMO. Times have changed. And Howard is the most realistic option comparing to CP3.

As far as trading Morris and Patterson, combined they make $5 million. Sure Morris is playing OK but he shouldn't be in our future plans. We can take that money and use it on JJ Redick in the offseason. Then we can sign Millsap and Josh Smith/Chris Paul. Both Patterson and Morris just aren't good enough to be on our team next year.
    Why shoudn't be in our future plans? That statement doesn't make sense at all. We're talking about a guy entering his second year on the league, and he has been pretty good on both ends of the floor. He is shooting really well, he's playing good defense and he can guard two positions. He fits perfectly in the system in my opinion. I would love to have Redick but at 28 and making more money, I'd rather have Morris if he continues to play the way he's playing so far this season.

You say they will make 5 million, do you have any idea how much is it? It is nothing for two good role players.

And once again we cannot sign two max or close to max guys while paying Harden, Lin and Asik more than 30 million. And don't have any clue any of the three you mention and four if you include Redick would have any desire to play here. You make it sound so easy, let's sign this guy, trade for th guy, but thing aren't that easy. What makes you thing CP3 would leave LA to play here?
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Are you really saying we should keep Asik because he shots 60% from the FT line and Howard shots 50? Howard shoots 10 FTs a game, Asik shoots less than 5. And if you look Howard shoots 58% from his carreer while Asik shoots 52%, so I don't know what you're saying here. We're talking about 3-time defensive player of the year. He's averaging 17.7/12/2.6 on 57% from the field on which has been his worst season since his sophomore year.

I do love Asik, but if we could add Howard, who is by the way the best center in the entire league, we're contenders.

And yes we do need Howard or another star player to combine with Harden to beat these superteams in order to contend, Millsap or Smith or Redick would do it, IMO. Times have changed. And Howard is the most realistic option comparing to CP3.

Why shoudn't be in our future plans? That statement doesn't make sense at all. We're talking about a guy entering his second year on the league, and he has been pretty good on both ends of the floor. He is shooting really well, he's playing good defense and he can guard two positions. He fits perfectly in the system in my opinion. I would love to have Redick but at 28 and making more money, I'd rather have Morris if he continues to play the way he's playing so far this season.

You say they will make 5 million, do you have any idea how much is it? It is nothing for two good role players.

And once again we cannot sign two max or close to max guys while paying Harden, Lin and Asik more than 30 million. And don't have any clue any of the three you mention and four if you include Redick would have any desire to play here. You make it sound so easy, let's sign this guy, trade for th guy, but thing aren't that easy. What makes you thing CP3 would leave LA to play here?
    No what I'm saying is Howard is not enough of an upgrade at Center to justify getting him as our other max when we have Asik. Asik is a good enough center to allow us to upgrade our PF/SF positions (unless we can get Paul). Plus he is still getting better. This is Asik's first season of getting regular minutes. If that argument works for Morris, who is slightly better than garbage, then it works for Asik who has a much much higher ceiling.

I'm not big on Howard, I think he is highly overrated. I look at advanced statistics not just PPG, RPG, etc. Howard is a good center but we have a good center maybe not as good but good enough to help us win a championship given stars around him.

I disagree, I think adding Josh Smith and Paul Millsap or Paul Millsap and Chris Paul make us contenders. No there is no guarantee Chris Paul will leave but it is all speculation at this point. By that same argument there is no guarantee that Howard would leave.

As far as Morris, mr slightly above garbage himself, I don't like him. He's playing better right now but I don't trust him. I don't want him on our championship team. I would prefer someone better a proven commodity like Redick that can add something to this team. We will see how he does the rest of the season but I'm not sold yet.

I'll say this though, I think we both can agree we need 1 more superstar and more more all-star to be major title contenders.
    2014 PSD 7 RD NFL MOCK DRAFT
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD
    1st rd- Jadaveon Clowney, LB/DE, South Carolina
    1st rd (via trade)- Johnny Manziel, QB, TX A&M
    3rd rd- DaQuan Jones, NT, Penn State
    4th rd- Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    5th rd- Jon Halapio, OG, THE University of Florida
    5th rd (via trade)- Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
    6th rd- Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    No what I'm saying is Howard is not enough of an upgrade at Center to justify getting him as our other max when we have Asik. Asik is a good enough center to allow us to upgrade our PF/SF positions (unless we can get Paul). Plus he is still getting better. This is Asik's first season of getting regular minutes. If that argument works for Morris, who is slightly better than garbage, then it works for Asik who has a much much higher ceiling.
    How should we upgrade at SF? I would love to upgrade at PF, but in my opinion, Howard and Morris>Asik and Millsap. Howard is the best center in the league, and it's not even close, plain and simple. If you think it would be better to give Millsap or Josh Smith a 15-million contract than Howard a 20 million contract we think way, way different.

I'm not big on Howard, I think he is highly overrated. I look at advanced statistics not just PPG, RPG, etc. Howard is a good center but we have a good center maybe not as good but good enough to help us win a championship given stars around him.
    What stars? That's what I'm talking about it. Morey tried for so long to get the one guy, that big star and look how long it took for him to get Harden. But we all know just one guy probably won't be enough. Superstars don't grow on threes.

I disagree, I think adding Josh Smith and Paul Millsap or Paul Millsap and Chris Paul make us contenders. No there is no guarantee Chris Paul will leave but it is all speculation at this point. By that same argument there is no guarantee that Howard would leave.
    Oh I agree that CP3 and Millsap would make us contenders. I'm not sure Smith and Millsap would, but theu could. Point is, you gotta pick just one, there is no chance we bring two. We'll only have about 15 million or less to spend. We're paying more than 30 for Harden, Asik and Lin.

As far as Morris, mr slightly above garbage himself, I don't like him. He's playing better right now but I don't trust him. I don't want him on our championship team. I would prefer someone better a proven commodity like Redick that can add something to this team. We will see how he does the rest of the season but I'm not sold yet.
    Oh come on, slightly above garbage? Morris has been pretty good this season, he's playing good defense, he has a solid defender and he can knock down the 3. And he can play both forward positions.
    I'll say this though, I think we both can agree we need 1 more superstar and more more all-star to be major title contenders.
    I think Howard or Paul would make us contenders. I do prefer CP3 but I don't see him leaving LA. It seems we would have a stronger chance on Howard. And Smith, or Jefferson or Millsap wouldn't make us contender, I'm not even sure two of the three would, and that's financially impossible.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    How should we upgrade at SF? I would love to upgrade at PF, but in my opinion, Howard and Morris>Asik and Millsap. Howard is the best center in the league, and it's not even close, plain and simple. If you think it would be better to give Millsap or Josh Smith a 15-million contract than Howard a 20 million contract we think way, way different.

What stars? That's what I'm talking about it. Morey tried for so long to get the one guy, that big star and look how long it took for him to get Harden. But we all know just one guy probably won't be enough. Superstars don't grow on threes.

Oh I agree that CP3 and Millsap would make us contenders. I'm not sure Smith and Millsap would, but theu could. Point is, you gotta pick just one, there is no chance we bring two. We'll only have about 15 million or less to spend. We're paying more than 30 for Harden, Asik and Lin.

Oh come on, slightly above garbage? Morris has been pretty good this season, he's playing good defense, he has a solid defender and he can knock down the 3. And he can play both forward positions.

I think Howard or Paul would make us contenders. I do prefer CP3 but I don't see him leaving LA. It seems we would have a stronger chance on Howard. And Smith, or Jefferson or Millsap wouldn't make us contender, I'm not even sure two of the three would, and that's financially impossible.
    I'm going to answer this question by starting a new thread I just had an idea for. Look there for answers to how we can become contenders and explaining our financial situation.
    2014 PSD 7 RD NFL MOCK DRAFT
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD
    1st rd- Jadaveon Clowney, LB/DE, South Carolina
    1st rd (via trade)- Johnny Manziel, QB, TX A&M
    3rd rd- DaQuan Jones, NT, Penn State
    4th rd- Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    5th rd- Jon Halapio, OG, THE University of Florida
    5th rd (via trade)- Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
    6th rd- Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345