Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah I love Asik. I just hope his play ends any thought of getting Bynum/Howard next year. It's painfully obvious that we need a PF that plays better defense and can get inside. We kept the Bulls shooting 3's which is good but we need more production on both ends at PF. Let's trade for Millsap!!!

vCash
    i've been pleasantly surprised by morris on both ends. he's been better than expected on D nd is shooting like 40+% from 3? unless we go out and get a clear upgrade, i'd much rather try moving patterson, letting him be the starter and then seeing what jones and d-mo can provide off the bench if need be. p=pat for a late 1st anyone? i can dream right )
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    i've been pleasantly surprised by morris on both ends. he's been better than expected on D nd is shooting like 40+% from 3? unless we go out and get a clear upgrade, i'd much rather try moving patterson, letting him be the starter and then seeing what jones and d-mo can provide off the bench if need be. p=pat for a late 1st anyone? i can dream right )
    No now that Morris has a little value let's package him and Patterson and save salary for next offseason. I'm not sure what we can get back but I'm fine letting our youngsters take over at PF.

(unless we could somehow swing a Millsap trade)

vCash
    4 straight blowout wins, Merry Christmas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    No now that Morris has a little value let's package him and Patterson and save salary for next offseason. I'm not sure what we can get back but I'm fine letting our youngsters take over at PF.

Why not keep Morris ? He is a Youngster still, this is basically his rookie season. I like him starting more than Patterson if I'm honest, spaces the floor better and can knock down an open 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAC94 View Post
    Why not keep Morris ? He is a Youngster still, this is basically his rookie season. I like him starting more than Patterson if I'm honest, spaces the floor better and can knock down an open 3.
    We can better spend his salary next offseason.

vCash
    Asik's +/- was 41....

vCash
    Yeah I love Asik. I just hope his play ends any thought of getting Bynum/Howard next year. It's painfully obvious that we need a PF that plays better defense and can get inside. We kept the Bulls shooting 3's which is good but we need more production on both ends at PF. Let's trade for Millsap!!!
    1. Howard and Paul should still be Morey's #1 targets next offseason. Asik has been pretty good but he's no Dwight Howard.

2.1. We don't have much to trade for Millsap. No draft pick, only Patterson and the rookies, but I'd hate to see Morey trading Jones or Motiejunas before they get real PT.

2.2. Why trade for Millsap right now? I would rather just wait for the offseason and make a run for him. It doesn't make much sense trading good young players right now.

What the hell are you talking about? Morris is making like 2 million dollars in his rookie contract. We still have plenty cap space, why trade a guy who makes almsot nothing and plays well?
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    1. Howard and Paul should still be Morey's #1 targets next offseason. Asik has been pretty good but he's no Dwight Howard.

2.1. We don't have much to trade for Millsap. No draft pick, only Patterson and the rookies, but I'd hate to see Morey trading Jones or Motiejunas before they get real PT.

2.2. Why trade for Millsap right now? I would rather just wait for the offseason and make a run for him. It doesn't make much sense trading good young players right now.

What the hell are you talking about? Morris is making like 2 million dollars in his rookie contract. We still have plenty cap space, why trade a guy who makes almsot nothing and plays well?
    I agree with both of these posts. I think that if anyone gets moved, it should be Patterson, because he has helped his value with his offensive play, but I honestly think the team plays better with Morris on the floor.

But I don't know that Morey will get much for any of the pieces on this roster and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to deal someone just for the sake of dealing them. However, if they could get a late first for someone like Patterson, he could feasibly swing that pick and a couple of young guys for Millsap.

I don't think it happens, though. And I think Morey should probably just let these young guys finish this season to see what they've got. If he still wants Millsap or another PF in the offseason, he can still acquire one and have a ton of depth in the frontcourt. I like Morris' game a lot, but I'm not sure he's best suited for a starting roll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    So now what do we do with Patterson? It seems we started to do really well when he went down
    have him run with the 2nd group?

MARLINS
    ROCKETS
    DOLPHINS

vCash
    I don't like PatPat starting. He seems to slow down the offense and is too quick to look for his shot.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post

1. No we don't need Howard. Asik is a cheaper, poor man's version of Howard. He gives you better free throw shooting. Maybe not as much offense but we have our starting center. We need to upgrade our weaknesses, center is not one of them.

2. I agree we can't trade for Millsap right now, I was just salivating at the thought of this team right now with Millsap.

As far as trading Morris and Patterson, combined they make $5 million. Sure Morris is playing OK but he shouldn't be in our future plans. We can take that money and use it on JJ Redick in the offseason. Then we can sign Millsap and Josh Smith/Chris Paul. Both Patterson and Morris just aren't good enough to be on our team next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I love the way Asik is playing tonight and I think he's certainly proved a lot of the doubters wrong, but I still don't think he's close to being as good as Noah. Noah is a superior offensive player, a much better passer and a much better shot blocker.
    FYI, as a Bulls fan, we would all would rather keep Noah then Asik, because Noah is so much more versatile then Asik. But you should also know, us Bulls fans absolutely LOVE Asik. He's a defensive monster as you guys know by now, and his offense has improved tremendously but that comes with just more playing time as a starter compared to being on the bench with the Bulls. I still think we made the decision because theres no way we can justify that 15mil kicker of his third year but we do miss him.

So he's not proving any doubters wrong because nobody really doubted him especially Bulls fans.

vCash
    His in his 2nd season of a rookie contract, making 2mil this year. I'd trade Patterson before i'd trade Morris, I think Morris has been playing as good as Patterson did when he was starting.

vCash
    double post woops

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast