Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Knicks' White may take flight in dunk contest

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/...mGf03caLqFwuAI

This would be awesome if we got both these guys in. Put Melo and Chandler in the AS game and Shump as a sophomore in the soph-rook game.

We'd have a third of the team represented.

LOS ANGELES — He was nicknamed “Flight White’’ and “Flight 75’’ in college because of his leaping and dunking ability. Now that he’s back in the NBA after an Italian League hiatus, Knicks reserve swingman James White is being nominated by the Players Association for the All-Star Slam-Dunk competition February in Houston.

White was approached by union officials last week about the dunk competition. The union has more influence in the Saturday night skill competitions in the new format in which the conferences compete against each other. A team captain will be chosen for the East and West and make the final call on participants. A league source said the Knicks’ Steve Novak is expected to compete in the 3-point competition.

White, whose biggest contribution on the Knicks is his defense after he helped hold down LeBron James in Miami, said he no longer practices acrobatic dunks during warmups.

White, who played at Cincinnati and Florida, won slam-dunk competitions in Italy, Turkey and finished second to David Lee in the McDonald’s high school Slam Dunk competition in 2002.

marc.berman@nypost.com
    Last edited by still a fan; 12-25-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: please don't changer the original title, and I added the article, come Spirit, how many times?

vCash
    cool.

vCash
    Its not gonna take place, mate. White's not dunking. Novak ain't making.
    At best we should hope for JR in one of the two contest, (maybe even the All-Star Game) and J.Kidd in the 3 point contest. Or Sheed.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    Pretty misleading title.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    Its not gonna take place, mate. White's not dunking. Novak ain't making.
    At best we should hope for JR in one of the two contest, (maybe even the All-Star Game) and J.Kidd in the 3 point contest. Or Sheed.
    What makes you say that?

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I think Novak will get in even if his shot isn't the same as it was last season. He's gained a pretty big rep as the best shooter in the league since last year to the point where its near unanimous among analysts and hes still folk hero status at the Garden when that shot goes down and that status has gotten notice around the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Pretty misleading title.
    ya

vCash
    What makes you say that?
    I think Novak will get in even if his shot isn't the same as it was last season. He's gained a pretty big rep as the best shooter in the league since last year to the point where its near unanimous among analysts and hes still folk hero status at the Garden when that shot goes down and that status has gotten notice around the league.
    Basically wha you just said.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    Basically wha you just said.
    You said Novak isn't making the dunk contest

vCash
    Nice misleading title...

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    **** this guy. Stop making threads.

vCash
    I could see James White doing the freethrow dunk. I just hate that White doesn't play cause when everybody sees him there gonna be like "whoo the **** is thatt"
    My team, my city.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Ewing33 View Post
    I could see James White doing the freethrow dunk. I just hate that White doesn't play cause when everybody sees him there gonna be like "whoo the **** is thatt"
    Jeremy Evans won it last year.

Yea I don't know who the **** that is either.

vCash
    I see a thread...so that means I MUST comment!

LONGWINDED STYLE!

The Knicks are back!

vCash
    Very misleading title!! There's a chance both guys will make it. People made threads in the NBA forum and most people wanted White in the Dunk contest and Novak in the 3 pt. contest. Many of them were'nt even Knick fans. We'll see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast