Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,366
    vCash
    1500

    NETS Offense: 2nd Slowest Pace in the NBA

    92.2 Possessions per 48 minutes and last year we were only 93.1 (11th slowest)

    How does a team with Deron Williams as it's PG have the second slowest pace in the NBA? His last 2 seasons in UTAH. The years he was considered a "SUPERSTAR" they finished as the #9 and #10 FASTEST pace teams in the NBA. We need to play more up tempo and get out in transition alot more. We are not playing to Deron's strengths.


    http://hoopdata.com/teamadvancedstats.aspx

  2. #2
    Anji's Avatar
    Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    OrangeCounty NY
    Posts
    8,879
    vCash
    1500
    Lucky, the knicks are only 5th. We need to in the 90's like NO.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........


    Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Lucky, the knicks are only 5th. We need to in the 90's like NO.
    The Knicks are playing to Melo's strengths tho. They slow down in the half court and let him draw a double team then they find the open man. Thats not what suits Deron.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    This has nothing to do with Deron. It's the offense that Avery installed.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,916
    vCash
    1500
    I think this is actually best. We play terrible when we try to keep up to fast pace teams. We have to keep the tempo slow thats the tempo our players play better in. We aren't a young team full of 2nd yr players an aging Deron, JJ and Brook on a bum foot cannot play a fast pace. Gerald Wallace is probably the only player on this team that can run that tempo.

    We need Avery to tell Deron enough is enough 12-14 shots a game max and focus on getting others involved. If his shooting improves then give him more shots

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    I think this is actually best. We play terrible when we try to keep up to fast pace teams. We have to keep the tempo slow thats the tempo our players play better in. We aren't a young team full of 2nd yr players an aging Deron, JJ and Brook on a bum foot cannot play a fast pace. Gerald Wallace is probably the only player on this team that can run that tempo.

    We need Avery to tell Deron enough is enough 12-14 shots a game max and focus on getting others involved. If his shooting improves then give him more shots
    Thats a bad excuse. Look at how the Spurs have become one of the fastest paced teams in the league with Duncan, SJax, Ginobilli and Parker. The AARP club of the NBA. They are all way older and have way more mileage than our guys. We are poor in transition because all Avery preaches is slow basketball and running half court sets. He did the same thing with the Mavs. Turned them into a plodding team. If we practiced getting out in transition we would be better at it.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 12-17-2012 at 02:42 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,693
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Thats a bad excuse. Look at how the Spurs have become one of the fastest paced teams in the league with Duncan, SJax, Ginobilli and Parker. The AARP club of the NBA. They are all way older and have way more mileage than our guys. We are poor in transition because all Avery preaches is slow basketball and running half court sets. He did the same thing with the Mavs. Turned them into a plodding team. If we practiced getting out in transition we would be better at it.
    Can't compare us with spurs, those players have been together for over a decade.... Plus last season manu 38 games, duncan 58 games, parker 60.....spurs are a great team, they can afford their stars not to play over 60 games and still be great....I can't see us being any good if our players are injured.... Also, the slow pace allows better execution on offense, we're currently 9th in offensive ratings which what really matters....our pace also allows to be decent defensively currently 13th and should get better with lopez back...

    When u go with a fast pace offense, you have to think that defense will also be fast pace which definitely kills this teams chances on both ends.... We don't have kmart, rj, kidd and kittles running the break anymore.... Give williams 3 more crash and we can go fast....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ee View Post
    Can't compare us with spurs, those players have been together for over a decade.... Plus last season manu 38 games, duncan 58 games, parker 60.....spurs are a great team, they can afford their stars not to play over 60 games and still be great....I can't see us being any good if our players are injured.... Also, the slow pace allows better execution on offense, we're currently 9th in offensive ratings which what really matters....our pace also allows to be decent defensively currently 13th and should get better with lopez back...
    Manu has basically been a non-factor for the Spurs the last 2-3 years so Outside of Duncan and Parker the Spurs are a collection of guys who were basically ALL were either Castaways or bench warmers on their previous teams. They are devoid of talent but thru great chemistry and coaching make up for that. We should have no problem replicating that style.

    Our PG in the right offensive system is a superstar. Without it he is just a regular above average PG. He even said as much himself today! That is all that really matters so unless we can get him in his comfort zone we are NEVER going to unlock the full potential of our offense. Other than Lopez all of our other key players have played and excelled in an uptempo style of offense. And I believe Lopez can adapt the same way an OLD and SLOW Duncan did.

    Defense is another matter but our pace on offense should not effect it. Dont apply the Mike D'Antoni rule too liberally. Spurs and Hawks both play at break neck speed and both have been top-5 defensive teams this season.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 12-18-2012 at 06:35 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    3,086
    vCash
    1500
    When you have guys like Keith Bogans and Stack playing if the team were to do that, they would be on IR.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidd>>>K-Mart View Post
    When you have guys like Keith Bogans and Stack playing if the team were to do that, they would be on IR.
    Neither of them should be be playing anyway over guys like Brooks and Tyshawn Taylor

  11. #11
    Anji's Avatar
    Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    OrangeCounty NY
    Posts
    8,879
    vCash
    1500
    Your team has more half court players than open court though. Honestly who do you even consider open court other then Deron??? Maybe Brooks but he never plays..........forgot about Crash. But that's only two or three guys.

    You have a pack it in the paint team and Deron has to adapt plus push when the chances are there.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........


    Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Your team has more half court players than open court though. Honestly who do you even consider open court other then Deron??? Maybe Brooks but he never plays..........forgot about Crash. But that's only two or three guys.

    You have a pack it in the paint team and Deron has to adapt plus push when the chances are there.
    horse manure. Hump plays better up tempo and JJ can as well

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,916
    vCash
    1500
    I cant see JJ playing uptempo he hasn't since the Suns

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    I cant see JJ playing uptempo he hasn't since the Suns
    I can

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    249
    vCash
    1500
    We need to get Tyshawn and Marshon in their for spurts just as a change of pace. It can't be worse than what we got going on now. This is almost like a NBA version of watching the Jets play offense. Tyshawn at least attacked the basket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •