Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we trade Pau now or hold on to him until 2014?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Pau. Let's try to win this thing now!

14 58.33%
  • This team is hopeless. 2014 is our only chance.

10 41.67%
Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'll go early for 2013. TOR will offer a package of Bargnani/Lowry/filler ( Fields or Kleiza or Davis ) and a pick for a Pau and non core filler package and we'll bite. They want to keep Jose and match him with Pau is the strong word.

"Push off Kevin, I'm the starting PF on this team."
    "Not for long Buddy, not for long."

vCash
    Anyone up for smaller trade hill and Ebanks for Wesley Mathews. Pretty good young wing player without affecting core or 2014 flexibility?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    I'll go early for 2013. TOR will offer a package of Bargnani/Lowry/filler ( Fields or Kleiza or Davis ) and a pick for a Pau and non core filler package and we'll bite. They want to keep Jose and match him with Pau is the strong word.
    Yeah I could see something like that being offered. I just wonder if we'd accept. I can't stand Bargs, and his value is so shot right now that Toronto would have to throw in a pick or two just to get rid of him. Lowry is such a stud though. Having him as our backup pg would absolutely make our bench legit.

I just see Bargs as the deal breaker here. Unless he goes to a 3rd team to get us a diff. power forward, I just don't see why we'd want him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evadatam5150 View Post
    This is no lie.. I could go on and on about experience and what it really means but the truth is no one wants to hear it, they just want results right this minute.. Again, Gasol may be statistically struggling at times and certainly not bringing as much to the table as he has in the past, but who on this team is.. Simple truth is the Laker dynamic has changed drastically over the last few years and everyone is adjusting at their own pace which is problematic.. Gasol, through out this entire mess, has at the very least shown up and played both ends of the court and to his credit not bashed anyone in the process.. He's taken his lumps like a professional and has continued to try to help the Lakers win basketball games..

I'm not saying dude is perfect or without his limitations, what I am saying is that the Lakers are better with him than without him for many tangible and intangible reasons.. He's irreplaceable because he's so diverse and does so many of the small things well.. Again the Lakers simply would be hard pressed to get equal value in return for him.. It's that simple..
    I agree

vCash
    We need youth, athleticism, and outside shooting. We should consider moving Pau for the right deal.

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

vCash
    How the hell could we do Millsap for Gasol straight up? Did Millsap get a huge contract in the last 2 weeks? Lulz. Also, Utah isn't that stupid. We have no draft picks, and they hate us.

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Yeah I could see something like that being offered. I just wonder if we'd accept. I can't stand Bargs, and his value is so shot right now that Toronto would have to throw in a pick or two just to get rid of him. Lowry is such a stud though. Having him as our backup pg would absolutely make our bench legit.

I just see Bargs as the deal breaker here. Unless he goes to a 3rd team to get us a diff. power forward, I just don't see why we'd want him.
    That is where Mitch has to start looking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder:24926341
    Since we don't have any draft picks for the next decade it would be nice to add some lol. But I would love this deal if like someone else suggested bargs goes somewhere else and we can get a different PF

vCash
    Wavey+DoMefavors for kb-pau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersfan01 View Post
    We need youth, athleticism, and outside shooting. We should consider moving Pau for the right deal.
    The Knicks are the oldest team in nba history but there still better than us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMan View Post
    The Knicks are the oldest team in nba history but there still better than us
    Let's see how well the oldest team in NBA history is holding up at the end of the season and into the playoffs.

vCash
    Pau for Deng & Ryan Anderson

Idk how just make it happen.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Pau for Deng & Ryan Anderson

Idk how just make it happen.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8ysf32

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Let's see how well the oldest team in NBA history is holding up at the end of the season and into the playoffs.
    This is true, but so far at least their chances of going to the playoffs are A LOT better than ours... Once you make it there, anything can happen in a 7 game series...

The Knicks have a nice mix of old and young players and when Shumpert comes back, all of those "old" players will be coming off the bench so they'll play limited minutes but give that veteran leadership to the second string of players...

Bottom line is that's coaching. Woodson knows what he's doing when it comes to situations like these unlike D'Antoni who plays Kobe and Nash God awful long minutes and won't play Jamsion at all... The same **** that got him run out of New York and will eventually be the reason for his exit out of L.A....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    At this rate we won't even make the playoffs

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast