Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we trade Pau now or hold on to him until 2014?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Pau. Let's try to win this thing now!

14 58.33%
  • This team is hopeless. 2014 is our only chance.

10 41.67%
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    I would love for that to happen. No way Utah does that though.
    Mentioned this trade a month ago or so...Milsap by himself may be more realistic.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    please trade gasol and meta in a package deal
    This is all very funny.

Follow me on Twitter @KnowNameGuy

vCash
    Pau is lossing value quick...I understand that caveman lookin dude is good lol but HE DOES NOT FIT THIS SYSTEM.... Old..slow..can't defend..not the right guy for this system... Unless Dan ******** changes something... We MUST TRADE PAU.. We need to get athletic/younger/3 point shooting... We could get okay key pieces for him... No way we can beat clippers they wat they lookin ..Chris Paul is staying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K0BE8124 View Post
    Pau is lossing value quick...I understand that caveman lookin dude is good lol but HE DOES NOT FIT THIS SYSTEM.... Old..slow..can't defend..not the right guy for this system... Unless Dan ******** changes something... We MUST TRADE PAU.. We need to get athletic/younger/3 point shooting... We could get okay key pieces for him... No way we can beat clippers they wat they lookin ..Chris Paul is staying
    The problem what players can we get that doesn't mess up our plans for 2014 and 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    The problem what players can we get that doesn't mess up our plans for 2014 and 2015
    I'm sure we can get useful peices picks and expiring contracts and 1 or 2 good players for him that fit the system

vCash
    Knowing Jimmy boy, we probably won't even land up with the best possible superstar in either of those summers. Or will probably land with a superstar that doesn't work well with Dwight or work well under D'Antoni's system (assuming d'Antoni is still Lakers head coach in 2-3 yrs).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Knowing Jimmy boy, we probably won't even land up with the best possible superstar in either of those summers. Or will probably land with a superstar that doesn't work well with Dwight or work well under D'Antoni's system (assuming d'Antoni is still Lakers head coach in 2-3 yrs).
    Better than nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewisknows View Post
    I just saw the raptors would like to deal Kyle lowery and Andrea b together instead of Jose if I'm the lakers ill do that becuz we have an point guard when Nash retire I know ppl going to say kyrie Irving he restricted but ill do this in an heart beat it on hoop hype look it up
    Breathe

vCash
    Better than nothing.
    Not really. It'll just be fool's gold. Would much rather suck and build our way back up than to be a team with high hopes but never really winning it.

I think Laker fans will realize that it's not going to be so easy to be winning championships post-Kobe. Not only is he a one of a kind of talent, but he's also a one of a kind of personality. I doubt we ever see such a stubborn, hot-headed franchise superstar so neurotically obsessed with winning and upholding that Purple&Gold standard than Kobe. He's the type of guy who will lash out at the FO if they're not doing their job, he'll call them out, he'll call teammates out. He'll put pressure on the FO to make **** happen.

We won't ever have a superstar of his skill, talent and personality in the future. So that's why we MUST put all our eggs in 1 basket and by ANY MEANS NECESSARY, win in BOTH of these last 2 yrs of Kobe's career.

Because again, I am saying, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE WE WIN A TITLE WITH DWIGHT OR ANYONE ELSE AT THE HELM POST-KOBE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Not really. It'll just be fool's gold. Would much rather suck and build our way back up than to be a team with high hopes but never really winning it.

I think Laker fans will realize that it's not going to be so easy to be winning championships post-Kobe. Not only is he a one of a kind of talent, but he's also a one of a kind of personality. I doubt we ever see such a stubborn, hot-headed franchise superstar so neurotically obsessed with winning and upholding that Purple&Gold standard than Kobe. He's the type of guy who will lash out at the FO if they're not doing their job, he'll call them out, he'll call teammates out. He'll put pressure on the FO to make **** happen.

We won't ever have a superstar of his skill, talent and personality in the future. So that's why we MUST put all our eggs in 1 basket and by ANY MEANS NECESSARY, win in BOTH of these last 2 yrs of Kobe's career.

Because again, I am saying, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE WE WIN A TITLE WITH DWIGHT OR ANYONE ELSE AT THE HELM POST-KOBE!

Can't agree anymore then what you just said, NO body will ever come close to kobe In the future, not his skill, winning attitude, heart of champion, workaholic, his swag, killer instinct, mental toughness, so many qualities no one else will ever possess... Kobe is truly a superstar... idk who can ever replace him ... Lebron is close but he's still not or ever will be at Kobe's level offensively

vCash
    I really hope that Pau stays with the Lakers, I feel he's the only player who wants to stay in LA, win more championships and still give all he's got in these last two seasons. Kobe trusts him, as much as Metta so why trade him?

I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does, I hope that we get the best possible deal out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Noobs overrate youth & athleticism, and underrate experience and basketball IQ.
    This is no lie.. I could go on and on about experience and what it really means but the truth is no one wants to hear it, they just want results right this minute.. Again, Gasol may be statistically struggling at times and certainly not bringing as much to the table as he has in the past, but who on this team is.. Simple truth is the Laker dynamic has changed drastically over the last few years and everyone is adjusting at their own pace which is problematic.. Gasol, through out this entire mess, has at the very least shown up and played both ends of the court and to his credit not bashed anyone in the process.. He's taken his lumps like a professional and has continued to try to help the Lakers win basketball games..

I'm not saying dude is perfect or without his limitations, what I am saying is that the Lakers are better with him than without him for many tangible and intangible reasons.. He's irreplaceable because he's so diverse and does so many of the small things well.. Again the Lakers simply would be hard pressed to get equal value in return for him.. It's that simple..

vCash

The Official Trade Ideas Thread

The last one went over 1,000 posts.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=771652

If you have a credible source linking a trade, feel free to make a new thread. All other trade ideas will be moved here.

vCash
    It says 997 posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    It says 997 posts
    ???

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast