Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we trade Pau now or hold on to him until 2014?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Pau. Let's try to win this thing now!

14 58.33%
  • This team is hopeless. 2014 is our only chance.

10 41.67%
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesyLakeShow View Post
    We need pau to be our horace grant
    Even though it is clear that Howard is better in that role, with Pau as Cartwright.

vCash
    Pau for Mo Williams and Millsap?

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    There's a touchy dynamic going on in Laker-land. Although I do think Pau is better suited for the post, the problem is D'antoni seems to be emphasizing only Dwight being down there. Do we blame him? Or is he taking orders from up top to keep Dwight happy in order for him to sign? Dwight playing the Bynum role under phil would work for this team, however, you don't do that to your next potential franchise player.
    This is what is going on, in my opinion. It sort of mirrors what happened last season, with Jim Buss's reported desire that Bynum be featured in the offense, despite Gasol being statistically the far superior post player all season long. Pau was moved to the perimeter, and the less astute observers just assumed he wanted to be out there.

In this Howard case, I almost can't blame them, because they have so much invested in him. It's still the wrong move, though, as far as winning games. Only Phil Jackson would have the guts to put everybody where they belong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMan View Post
    Couldn't agree any more. My only problem is with him is that he can't hit shots he hit a million times in the past. I would not even mention trading pau if he shot near what he used to. Shooting .420 just won't cut it.
    Percentages tend to drop the farther you move away from the basket.

vCash
    The irony is that Dwight really isn't that great of a post up player... his moves are somewhat predictable and gets stripped a lot of those possessions, Pau is a much better post player. Dwight seems to play much better when he comes up for the high P&R and gets to roll to the basket. Dwight is much better playing off the ball and having someone else create the space (nash or kobe) and he slashes to the basket for bounce pass or lob.
    ... You know you got a good DVR... whenever you hit pause on your remote during the action and it displays its favorite player....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefflin View Post
    Package him and artest
    Are you dumb?
    :c

vCash
    Pau to the bench, jamison to start. Problem fix!

vCash
    Gasol is a Stud you're a retard. He maybe a little soft physically but mentally he is as strong as anyone else in the league. Look at how he handled getting traded. He didn't act like a baby *cough* (Lamar) *cough* he didn't let it effect him or his game. Where else are you gonna find an All-star calibre player like that?

Just watch Pau's YouTube channel and see how happy he was to stay a Laker after last years trade deadline. You want people on the team who want to be here. and Pau wants to be here.

vCash
    Lakers are not gonna move Pau. They might add some defensive help to play against Westbrook and Paul but Pau is staying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearljammer II View Post
    The irony is that Dwight really isn't that great of a post up player... his moves are somewhat predictable and gets stripped a lot of those possessions, Pau is a much better post player. Dwight seems to play much better when he comes up for the high P&R and gets to roll to the basket. Dwight is much better playing off the ball and having someone else create the space (nash or kobe) and he slashes to the basket for bounce pass or lob.
    Or even Pau. He can do it from the post, and we even saw him do it from the ballhandling end of the pick 'n' roll w/ Howard vs the Knicks.

vCash
    I just saw the raptors would like to deal Kyle lowery and Andrea b together instead of Jose if I'm the lakers ill do that becuz we have an point guard when Nash retire I know ppl going to say kyrie Irving he restricted but ill do this in an heart beat it on hoop hype look it up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersRule!! View Post
    Lakers are not gonna move Pau. They might add some defensive help to play against Westbrook and Paul but Pau is staying.
    Then he better play better then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewisknows View Post
    I just saw the raptors would like to deal Kyle lowery and Andrea b together instead of Jose if I'm the lakers ill do that becuz we have an point guard when Nash retire I know ppl going to say kyrie Irving he restricted but ill do this in an heart beat it on hoop hype look it up
    Bargs is so bad. Lowry off the bench would be amazing though. Edit: Never mind I found it

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Pau for Mo Williams and Millsap?
    I would love for that to happen. No way Utah does that though.

vCash
    Lowry is the reason I joined PSD back in 2011. I have been following PSD since 2007 though.

I always would have taken Lowry over Calderon. I had always hoped the Lakers would have gotten Lowry and scola after the failed CP3 trade.

I would see if the Lakers could look into a three team trade because bargs is really three times worse than Pau. He would not fit the Lakers team and has been playing horrible for a while.
    [/IMG]

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast