Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we trade Pau now or hold on to him until 2014?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Pau. Let's try to win this thing now!

14 58.33%
  • This team is hopeless. 2014 is our only chance.

10 41.67%
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    Gasol had 14 / 8 / 6ast tonight.

Is he really that bad?

His defense is also underrated.
    Statistics show Lakers are way worse defensively when he is out.

If you trade him you will regret it.
    Gasol is the linchpin for this team.
    Statistics show the Lakers are way worse when he is out, PERIOD.

vCash
    Im sorry but while i am n a huge Gasol fan all of our comebacks that got us back in the game was when he was on the bench. Gasol was used properly ONCE in the 4th quarter to counter the size matchup. He posted on the block against Melo and got FT's. But if a team goes small ball and Gasol has to guard them on the Perimeter then Gasol needs to stay away from the 3pt land and get his azz on the block. If he doesnt take advantage of his size he is to big of a liability on the high screen defense. Gasol would be nice to keep around to face the big team that dont use a SF at the PF position. BUT a lot of teams play small ball now so he HAS to uise his size advantage and WIN 5 feet from basket against a 6'7 -6'9 player. If not he only hurts us.

vCash
    Pau makes our offense flow much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Noobs overrate youth & athleticism, and underrate experience and basketball IQ.
    I say this all the time. History shows that the younger more athletic team rarely beats out the older, more experienced team. It's irritating how much the media emphasizes athleticism and youth, mostly because a lot of the guys who focus on this point know better, such as magic. It makes me think it's more of a marketing ploy to attract a younger audience. After all, it's much more entertaining see teams like the clippers and the mid 2000 suns play than a team like the mid 2000 spurs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacarron View Post
    Pau makes our offense flow much better.
    Yeah, its night and day with him out there.

vCash
    Pau had a nice game. Who are we going to get for him though with his size, skill and intelligence?

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Im sorry but while i am n a huge Gasol fan all of our comebacks that got us back in the game was when he was on the bench.
    That's simply not true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Actually, I've provided plenty of facts. I've bled facts out my ears.

You only care about negative outcomes when talking about Pau. You cherry pick stats and plays to prove that Pau sucks, while ignoring anything that he does that's good. You also ignore the very same failings in other players while you're piling on with your obsessive Pau hate.

If you really do not understand how Pau benefits the Lakers beyond his basic stats then you know nothing about how championships are won. Yes, it would be great if Pau was Wilt Chamberlain. But he's not. On the current roster he's the fourth option -- and there is no more dangerous fourth option in the entire league.

In tonight's game you saw a seven footer play the ball-handler in a pick-and-roll with Dwight Howard, and you saw a seven-footer take his man off the dribble from the arc and dunk on him. In the entire NBA -- and perhaps even in the history of organized basketball -- there is exactly ONE ****ING PLAYER who could have done those two things.

If you do not understand what kind of pressure this puts on a defense, and how it makes every other Laker more open and able to operate in space then you are exactly the kind of front-running, score-hungry fan you seem to be.
    You say he only cares about his negative outcomes torwards Pau? How about your negativity torwards Kobe. You're being hypocritical man. Just let the guy be. He isn't a fan of Pau, just as you aren't a fan of Kobe. You mention all of the little things Pau does for us....well how about all of the HUGE things that Kobe has done for us. I love Pau, I love Kobe.... But damn man. I just feel sometimes you just have to shut up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    dudes, just **** up.

Pau is getting paid because of what he EARNED.

If you want to cut his salary to 9 million then remove two banners from the rafters of the team.

Im fed up of that b.s
    I do agree with this. Pau is not playing great ball by any means, but he earned that money and has done wonders for this franchise. We needed him for those two titles.

vCash
    If we cant move him we have to bring him off the bench. Everyone saw and keeps on seeing how the spacing helps us wen gasol and howard are NOT on the court at the same time. Hell, start jamison. Playin with other vets, starting, and playin with nash should get him back on track. And other the Memphis, he can guard most pfs playing for elite teams. He can guard Ibaka (thunder), battier (heat), diaw (spurs) and blake has to attack the rim to score and we have howard for that. And with gasol coming off the bench with meeks and hill, he can get back to his low post and i believe back to averaging 15 and 10 (off the bench).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Statistics show the Lakers are way worse when he is out, PERIOD.
    Uh yeah.. that makes sense... most teams don't improve when a starter is out. This doesn't say anything special about Pau.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Here is the Lakers roster with salaries:

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_...angeles-lakers

Pau is making a back-end-loaded $19M, a good portion of which is for services already rendered. I know you don't understand the economics of this, and that everyone else *****ing about Pau's money does not understand the economics of this, but the short version is that the Lakers themselves created a contract that paid Pau more at a later date because it saved them money in the long run.

Kobe's massive deal is and was formulated the same way for the same reason. He is making more now than he ever has, but he is clearly not the same player despite his point production.

Pau is making what D12 is making. Is D12 giving us $20M worth of production?

Chris Duhon and Steve Blake are both making $4M a year. Are they worth that?

Earl Clark and Devin Ebanks are both making $1M each. So which is the bigger economic crime -- the money they're getting for their production, or the money Pau is getting, which the Lakers are giving to him on a back-end-loaded contract because it was to their advantage to do so.

In closing, you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.
    Actually, I know exactly what I'm talking about, and 1000 of your pretentious long-winded, know-it-all posts won't change that. You're the one clearly missing the point by bringing up Duhon and Dwight, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GetShrutedOn View Post
    You say he only cares about his negative outcomes torwards Pau? How about your negativity torwards Kobe. You're being hypocritical man. Just let the guy be. He isn't a fan of Pau, just as you aren't a fan of Kobe. You mention all of the little things Pau does for us....well how about all of the HUGE things that Kobe has done for us. I love Pau, I love Kobe.... But damn man. I just feel sometimes you just have to shut up.
    Well said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braylen22 View Post
    If we cant move him we have to bring him off the bench. Everyone saw and keeps on seeing how the spacing helps us wen gasol and howard are NOT on the court at the same time. Hell, start jamison. Playin with other vets, starting, and playin with nash should get him back on track. And other the Memphis, he can guard most pfs playing for elite teams. He can guard Ibaka (thunder), battier (heat), diaw (spurs) and blake has to attack the rim to score and we have howard for that. And with gasol coming off the bench with meeks and hill, he can get back to his low post and i believe back to averaging 15 and 10 (off the bench).
    Curiously enough, numbers say lakers play better with Pau than with Dwight, not only that but they also play better with Pau than wiht Pau + Howard.
    Maybe is howard who should coume of the bench

Im joking, neither needs to go to the bench , Pringles has to stop being stubborn with his **** and let both work the post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Curiously enough, numbers say lakers play better with Pau than with Dwight, not only that but they also play better with Pau than wiht Pau + Howard.
    Maybe is howard who should coume of the bench

Im joking, neither needs to go to the bench , Pringles has to stop being stubborn with his **** and let both work the post.

Its jus too crowed for them to work the post together. And wenever we play a team with a sf playin pf i.e. melo, that too much of a miss match.

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast