Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we trade Pau now or hold on to him until 2014?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Pau. Let's try to win this thing now!

14 58.33%
  • This team is hopeless. 2014 is our only chance.

10 41.67%
Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Gordon alone would be huge for us. A presence off the bench and someone who can let Kobe rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    I'm absolutely getting greedy haha. Yeah it makes sense for them to get rid of Thomas's deal. It's pretty awful, I think he he's making 8 this year, 8 next year, and 9 the year after. Not sure if the last year is fully guaranteed or not though.

Edit: Yeah he's guaranteed that last year.
    yeah... getting Henderson is gonna require that you take that bad TT deal or at least give them picks. Since we don't have picks it would be TT. Henderson really isn't the key for me anyway because he is in a contract year and we would probably lose him anyway (some idiot GM will sign him to a horrible sheet this summer) ... that is why i was focused on mullens as a solid back up center... he would probably be gone next year also because he is an RFA... Reports are that charlotte isn't interested in signing either next summer if the offers are to big...

This is why Pau makes sense for them... they can take him back in a deal... see what happens with Mullens or Henderson in the summer and then decide if they would want to flip Pau for picks or other players before next season...

vCash
    Yup.

One thing to consider, if it's still a possibility is taking a Minny deal with Pek + Williams

If Dwight walks, maybe we hold onto Pek for insurance?

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    yeah... getting Henderson is gonna require that you take that bad TT deal or at least give them picks. Since we don't have picks it would be TT. Henderson really isn't the key for me anyway because he is in a contract year and we would probably lose him anyway (some idiot GM will sign him to a horrible sheet this summer) ... that is why i was focused on mullens as a solid back up center... he would probably be gone next year also because he is an RFA... Reports are that charlotte isn't interested in signing either next summer if the offers are to big...

This is why Pau makes sense for them... they can take him back in a deal... see what happens with Mullens or Henderson in the summer and then decide if they would want to flip Pau for picks or other players before next season...
    Yeah, I can see the Bobcats doing a deal. Plus, Pau kind of gives them a semi-star talent in Charlotte, something they really haven't had since going there. I mean maybe Wallace + Jackson are the closest thing.

Either way, I'd do a deal with them. Sessions would have no problem coming back I think, the dude backs up Kemba basically, so why not backup Nash in LA?

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Yup.

One thing to consider, if it's still a possibility is taking a Minny deal with Pek + Williams

If Dwight walks, maybe we hold onto Pek for insurance?
    sure, but i really think we missed the window on that deal... not to mention neither really helps us this year...

if the FO is committed to this year then the minnie deal doesn't make alot of sense because it doesn't solve either the PG or SG problem...

just saying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    sure, but i really think we missed the window on that deal... not to mention neither really helps us this year...

if the FO is committed to this year then the minnie deal doesn't make alot of sense because it doesn't solve either the PG or SG problem...

just saying
    You right, haha I'm just losing faith on this season. I think we should've made a deal like 3-4 weeks ago. The FO seems intent on looking for another star player instead of looking at the actual needs of this roster, which is really a bench. Incorporating new starters in my opinion will continue to take time to develop chemistry, and we just don't have any time.

Trading for a bench however, really doesn't cause much damage in that regard. Our bench is a bunch of scrubs anyways, so putting in guys like Sessions, Gordon, etc. wouldn't mess anything up.

I lack faith in the FO. It's always home run or bust for them. Make the right deal and fill in the massive holes of this roster. Jimmy was on the radio not too long back, saying that they believe they built a "great team". We have a solid top 5, but it's garbage after that, like worst in the league bad. They built an old team with no bench, which is the worst combination you can possible have

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Or perhaps they're waiting for Blake to get back so we are closer to full strength. I think they'll ride this season out and depending on what happens, make a deal in the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Or perhaps they're waiting for Blake to get back so we are closer to full strength. I think they'll ride this season out and depending on what happens, make a deal in the offseason.
    We'll see what happens. Blake won't make much of a difference either way.

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    I don't disagree that is what they are "doing" but if they think Pau's value goes up this summer it will just compound the massive mistake of not dealing to this point...

the guys value is only going to continue to go down because he will continue to be marginalized on this team... his value as an expiring is irrelevant because it is counter intuitive to the Lakers supposed summer of 2014 plans... when you market someone as an expiring you always take back longer contracts...

Also, standing pat is not a good idea if they want to resign D12 ... they have to show that they will move decisively so he has some confidence. If i was him i would not have a lot of faith at this point

vCash
    You right, haha I'm just losing faith on this season. I think we should've made a deal like 3-4 weeks ago. The FO seems intent on looking for another star player instead of looking at the actual needs of this roster, which is really a bench. Incorporating new starters in my opinion will continue to take time to develop chemistry, and we just don't have any time.

Trading for a bench however, really doesn't cause much damage in that regard. Our bench is a bunch of scrubs anyways, so putting in guys like Sessions, Gordon, etc. wouldn't mess anything up.

I lack faith in the FO. It's always home run or bust for them. Make the right deal and fill in the massive holes of this roster. Jimmy was on the radio not too long back, saying that they believe they built a "great team". We have a solid top 5, but it's garbage after that, like worst in the league bad. They built an old team with no bench, which is the worst combination you can possible have
    I hear ya... the trap the FO has fallen into is that they have 5 guys whose names on paper during their primes would almost guarantee a chip. Unfortunately only 1 guy is in his prime and he is coming off back surgery. I have been saying since the summer that the FO hadn't done enough to fill out the bench and now the only way they can is by trading Pau...

Again, breaking Pau up into smaller assets is the key. His value will never be higher in the future and will only continue to decline.

vCash
    Milwaukee: Udrih, Mbah a Moute, and Dunleavy

Lakers: Gasol (maybe cash or a 2nd rounder.)

Nash/Udrih/Duhon
    Kobe/Morris/Meeks
    Artest/Dunleavy/Ebanks
    Mbah a Moute/Jamison/Clark
    Howard/Clark/Sacre

Put us a 14 on the roster because of injuries to Blake and Hill...It works financially, is pretty even for both teams. It gives the bucks a lw post presence to go with their guard tandem of Jennings and Ellis. Gives the Lakers more depth, more athleticism, and better outside shooters.

vCash
    We'll see what happens. Blake won't make much of a difference either way.
    I don't think so either...I'm just speaking to the Lakers FO logic

vCash
    What if we faced the fact that it's gonna take a miracle for us to win a title this year, and just trade Pau for a couple of first round draft picks? Not only do we get a bench with that move, but we also get younger, more athletic and we clear up a lot of cap space.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuya View Post
    What if we faced the fact that it's gonna take a miracle for us to win a title this year, and just trade Pau for a couple of first round draft picks? Not only do we get a bench with that move, but we also get younger, more athletic and we clear up a lot of cap space.
    I'm sure if they could find a team who has 19 million worth of expiring contracts AND was willing to give us 2 1st rounders they would consider it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    I'm sure if they could find a team who has 19 million worth of expiring contracts AND was willing to give us 2 1st rounders they would consider it.
    Maybe the bobcats, MJ has done crazier stuff in his FO career... they give us Ben Gordon, Diop, and the 1st rounders for Pau... IDK

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast