Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we trade Pau now or hold on to him until 2014?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Pau. Let's try to win this thing now!

14 58.33%
  • This team is hopeless. 2014 is our only chance.

10 41.67%
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ultimately, if we can get a player(s) back that 1. Help us in winning a title this year 2. Don't mess up our cap situation in 2014, then he is gone. But him underperforming will not get a trade for anybody just because. All these reports that the lakers turned down offers shows there's something going on or that we are waiting for. Our best hope is that he gets mins with J hill instead of Dwight because I don't care how good he shoots 3s I dot want 7ftrs shooting 23ftrs. Especially if his skill set in the post is bar none.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Sure it does. We're taking a huge salary cap hit, which in turn directly affects the FO's ability/willingness to address our pathetic bench. Lakers can't continue to pay Pau a #1 player's salary to put up a #4 player's contribution. It's not a winning formula.
    The questions can we find players that can help us win now, and also not mess up the Lakers plans for 2014 or 2015 even though you do not care about it, but really mostly the first part of can we find players that we can win now that we can trade Pau for.

vCash
    Sure it does. We're taking a huge salary cap hit, which in turn directly affects the FO's ability/willingness to address our pathetic bench. Lakers can't continue to pay Pau a #1 player's salary to put up a #4 player's contribution. It's not a winning formula.
    Here is the Lakers roster with salaries:

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_...angeles-lakers

Pau is making a back-end-loaded $19M, a good portion of which is for services already rendered. I know you don't understand the economics of this, and that everyone else *****ing about Pau's money does not understand the economics of this, but the short version is that the Lakers themselves created a contract that paid Pau more at a later date because it saved them money in the long run.

Kobe's massive deal is and was formulated the same way for the same reason. He is making more now than he ever has, but he is clearly not the same player despite his point production.

Pau is making what D12 is making. Is D12 giving us $20M worth of production?

Chris Duhon and Steve Blake are both making $4M a year. Are they worth that?

Earl Clark and Devin Ebanks are both making $1M each. So which is the bigger economic crime -- the money they're getting for their production, or the money Pau is getting, which the Lakers are giving to him on a back-end-loaded contract because it was to their advantage to do so.

In closing, you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

vCash
    I dont even get why fans are counting Lakers money. I did not know they were part of the Buss family.

vCash
    I'm I the only one who actually feels bad for the man? There is something wrong with his confidence. Something had to have happened to him in personal life that damaged his mind set

vCash
    Gasol had 14 / 8 / 6ast tonight.

Is he really that bad?

His defense is also underrated.
    Statistics show Lakers are way worse defensively when he is out.

If you trade him you will regret it.
    Gasol is the linchpin for this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    Gasol had 14 / 8 / 6ast tonight.

Is he really that bad?

His defense is also underrated.
    Statistics show Lakers are way worse defensively when he is out.

If you trade him you will regret it.
    Gasol is the linchpin for this team.
    You didn't even watch the game junior. Stop commenting on boxscores.

vCash
    what i cant believe is people refuse to see what he brings to the team , boxscores aside after seeing how TERRIBLE we were in the games he was out, simply he is a keyu piece in teh engine that gets everyone working properly on BOTH sides of the court btw.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    You didn't even watch the game junior. Stop commenting on boxscores.
    Don't feed the troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    what i cant believe is people refuse to see what he brings to the team , boxscores aside after seeing how TERRIBLE we were in the games he was out, simply he is a keyu piece in teh engine that gets everyone working properly on BOTH sides of the court btw.
    Agree Croonie. I'm just a little disappointed how much lift he's lost so quickly. My worry is how will he play against the more athletic teams like Miami, OKC and the Clippers?

11. 12-26-2012, 12:47 AM
    Reason
    report the posts instead of lashing out/ :)

12. 12-26-2012, 12:49 AM
    Reason
    don't edit other people's posts...

vCash
    Some one asked if we would trade Paul Millsap for Gasol....I don't know if we even want him in Utah...maybe the Hornets will take him.

vCash
    Whether or not he had a good game today (compared to how he has been playing, anyway), for what Pau is getting paid (and assuming he's playing at close to 100%), he needs to do better. He's getting paid like an All-Star, so he needs to play like an All-Star. He's got to be aggressive, not settle, and not fear contact.

If Gasol was making 10 million a year, I'd have very few issues with him, by the way... because he'd be earning his contract. But in my opinion, the Lakers are grossly overpaying for him.
    He's not playing the same role that earned him that contract. He's essentially the team's "glue" guy now, good rebounding, good passing, getting points where he can, but nothing specifically run for him.

His dunk was a big play, I'm not taking that from him
    Sounded like you did.

I still want to see him moved, ASAP before the playoffs. Not dumped for the sake of trading him, but moved to improve the team overall.
    Did you just discover how much Gasol was paid? I'm curious 'cause it sounds like a lot of people in this forum just realized it. Most people were ecstatic in the summer to see the Lakers assemble these players. Did you think everybody was going to produce the same numbers as when there were only two All-Stars?

As long as he's giving the coach what he wants, his salary is irrelevant. D'Antoni wants him on the perimeter making passes. He's doing that well. You want the front office to suddenly break the team up to get lesser players because they make less money? Then what was all the excitement about before the season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    dudes, just **** up.

Pau is getting paid because of what he EARNED.

If you want to cut his salary to 9 million then remove two banners from the rafters of the team.

Im fed up of that b.s
    I think that sums it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evadatam5150 View Post
    You can add me to that list..

You will still never realize same value in a trade not to mention the skill and basketball IQ he brings to the court.. Simple as that..
    Noobs overrate youth & athleticism, and underrate experience and basketball IQ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    I'm I the only one who actually feels bad for the man? There is something wrong with his confidence. Something had to have happened to him in professional life that damaged his mind set
    Fixed.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast