Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we trade Pau now or hold on to him until 2014?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Pau. Let's try to win this thing now!

14 58.33%
  • This team is hopeless. 2014 is our only chance.

10 41.67%
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Whether or not he had a good game today (compared to how he has been playing, anyway), for what Pau is getting paid (and assuming he's playing at close to 100%), he needs to do better. He's getting paid like an All-Star, so he needs to play like an All-Star. He's got to be aggressive, not settle, and not fear contact.

If Gasol was making 10 million a year, I'd have very few issues with him, by the way... because he'd be earning his contract. But in my opinion, the Lakers are grossly overpaying for him.

Also, he got that dunk at the end only because Chandler had fouled out. Who did he dunk on? 45 year old Kidd? Or that other 50 year old? If Chandler was in the game, Pau would've either passed it like a hot potato or clanked a jumper. That's what I mean by being more aggressive - going hard against starters.

His dunk was a big play, I'm not taking that from him, but my concern is, is he going to make the same type of play against tougher playoff defenses? I'm betting not.

I still want to see him moved, ASAP before the playoffs. Not dumped for the sake of trading him, but moved to improve the team overall.

EDIT: Also, I understand this isn't NBA2K13.. a good deal might not be out there. But I at least want the FO to try... hard.

100% Agree! He needs to do better for 20 mil! If he isnt a good fit, move him!

vCash
    I'm okay with keeping Pau if he just gives the energy night in and night out and keeps up about 4-5 assists and 7-8 rebounds a game. I was very very pleased with his aggressiveness on that last play.

I understand he is rapidly declining, his knees and lift just aren't the same that it used to be, and we probably won't see the 2009 and 2010 Gasol anymore. But if he can help us out in other areas like passing, get Dwight going, play the P&R and just bang with bodies and hit as many open J's as he can get, then I'm content.

vCash
    He is doing everything right except scoring. I don't understand why his scoring and his efficiency have taken such a hit. I would only trade Pau for the absolute best deal.

GO LAKERS

vCash
    i would love Pau to retire as a Laker... He deserves it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    Gasol 13pts 8rebs 6assts 1stl 1blk 1 for 3 from 3pt range..
    If he can keep that up...other than a few more pts, 15-18 pts...thats all we need from him...
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Gasol had 6 ast and made great decisions out there and that is something that hill nor any other pf out there can do. Plus this is only gasol's 3rd game back.
    No one is questioning his decision making ability ..I would trade that any day of the week for a good defender and more aggressive player. Sometimes doing the dirty work in the post will payoff more so in the playoffs.

Pau understood this Game 7 vs. Boston for all the chips. He has lost that fire and has not regained it back. I know a lot of fans love Pau and I get that and I still have a spot somewhere for him myself. But for the sake of getting true value from a player in the playoffs is invaluable.

I hope the Lakers do not go into the playoffs thinking he will be prime time. He has failed the Lakers two years in a row and they should not wait around for a 3rd time.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    I would have a tough time signing Pau's paychecks this season. Ultimately management will get fed up with mediocre play from Pau.

I don't know , maybe the Lakers can rely on him as a 4th option and he can play under the radar. I would still rather have a good defender that plays with heart though. I say they make a call middle of January.

My main concern is if the Lakers do decide to trade him I wish they would do it already so the new guys could have some time to gel with Nash, Dwight and Kobe.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Crooner and GailGoodrich are not going to like this.
    You can add me to that list..

You will still never realize same value in a trade not to mention the skill and basketball IQ he brings to the court.. Simple as that..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evadatam5150 View Post
    You can add me to that list..

You will still never realize same value in a trade.. Simple as that..
    Trust me, I don't want to trade Pau either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    No one is questioning his decision making ability ..I would trade that any day of the week for a good defender and more aggressive player. Sometimes doing the dirty work in the post will payoff more so in the playoffs.

Pau understood this Game 7 vs. Boston for all the chips. He has lost that fire and has not regained it back. I know a lot of fans love Pau and I get that and I still have a spot somewhere for him myself. But for the sake of getting true value from a player in the playoffs is invaluable.

I hope the Lakers do not go into the playoffs thinking he will be prime time. He has failed the Lakers two years in a row and they should not wait around for a 3rd time.
    The thing is though that the guys we would get in return are unlikely to match what pau is currently producing. If we can get value, than sure why not. But another factor to consider is that we need the team to begin to stabilize, the more new guys we bring in, the harder it will be for the team to build chemistry.

vCash
    No trading pau anytime soon. Just no.

vCash
    I love having Pau on the team and i am very great full for the time he put in is a Laker. This dude is one classy guy. Its impressive how he handle being traded last season and being in every trade talk and still he bleed Lakers. However Lakers have turn a new page and it took me a while to warm up to it. Its time for Lakers to trade Pau for Players that fit Mike style and compliment Howard more. It make no sense fighting it at this point. Lakers have gone to far to turn back. But i dont see him being traded until the off season.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-26-2012 at 12:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    dudes, just **** up.

Pau is getting paid because of what he EARNED.

If you want to cut his salary to 9 million then remove two banners from the rafters of the team.

Im fed up of that b.s
    I don't want to cut his salary, I just want some other stupid ****ing team to overpay for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerPride View Post
    i would love Pau to retire as a Laker... He deserves it!
    Me too! .... if he retires after this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    You guys wear me out.

It doesn't matter what he's getting paid.
    Sure it does. We're taking a huge salary cap hit, which in turn directly affects the FO's ability/willingness to address our pathetic bench. Lakers can't continue to pay Pau a #1 player's salary to put up a #4 player's contribution. It's not a winning formula.
    Last edited by handle; 12-26-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast