Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Should we trade Pau now or hold on to him until 2014?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Pau. Let's try to win this thing now!

    14 58.33%
  • This team is hopeless. 2014 is our only chance.

    10 41.67%
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1001
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    28,975
    vCash
    1500


    Not. Sure. If. Serious.


    Free As Seagull.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    16,502
    vCash
    1500
    Llullz I love pre-mature threads.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

  3. 12-25-2012, 07:15 PM
    Reason
    insults

  4. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hemp Land
    Posts
    10,189
    vCash
    1500
    Gasol got some balls under his Christmas tree this morning .

  5. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,253
    vCash
    1500
    Gasol has looked really solid out there since his return. I don't know why people are complaining about him. Rebounding, making his shots, playing solid defense, and making great decisions with the ball, great passing as well. We don't need gasol to put 25 and 15. 15 and 12 is just fine. What most posters on here don't seem to realize is that there are not many guys in the league who can do what gasol is currently doing. For example, it would be considered a great night for someone like williams (who many want for gasol) to put up any of the games gasol has put up since returning.

  6. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,202
    vCash
    1500
    Yeap, good time to trade him.
    This is all very funny.

    Follow me on Twitter @KnowNameGuy

  7. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,202
    vCash
    1500
    Package him and artest
    This is all very funny.

    Follow me on Twitter @KnowNameGuy

  8. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    "In a Champion State of Mind"
    Posts
    3,284
    vCash
    1500
    Gasol 13pts 8rebs 6assts 1stl 1blk 1 for 3 from 3pt range..
    If he can keep that up...other than a few more pts, 15-18 pts...thats all we need from him...
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

  9. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Gasol has looked really solid out there since his return. I don't know why people are complaining about him. Rebounding, making his shots, playing solid defense, and making great decisions with the ball, great passing as well. We don't need gasol to put 25 and 15. 15 and 12 is just fine. What most posters on here don't seem to realize is that there are not many guys in the league who can do what gasol is currently doing. For example, it would be considered a great night for someone like williams (who many want for gasol) to put up any of the games gasol has put up since returning.
    I disagree with this..I think Jordan Hill Can put up similar #'s with this Lakers team...Pau would be the superior player if he was the focal point on another team. Hill would give you better defense and similar rebounding..

    Not to mention he will finish strong at the basket on every attempt. Pau had a huge dunk that I am still shocked over...Have not seen that since 2010..Still he needs to e be moved. I like the pick n roll nash runs with Dwight/Kobe/Hill...I think Artest should try that as well.

    I still think the Lakers should move Pau. Everyone was waiting to see Nash and Pau play together and I have not seen enough to tell me that his Lakers career will be revitalized.
    [/IMG]

  10. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,253
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    I disagree with this..I think Jordan Hill Can put up similar #'s with this Lakers team...Pau would be the superior player if he was the focal point on another team. Hill would give you better defense and similar rebounding..

    Not to mention he will finish strong at the basket on every attempt. Pau had a huge dunk that I am still shocked over...Have not seen that since 2010..Still he needs to e be moved. I like the pick n roll nash runs with Dwight/Kobe/Hill...I think Artest should try that as well.

    I still think the Lakers should move Pau. Everyone was waiting to see Nash and Pau play together and I have not seen enough to tell me that his Lakers career will be revitalized.
    Gasol had 6 ast and made great decisions out there and that is something that hill nor any other pf out there can do. Plus this is only gasol's 3rd game back.

  11. 12-25-2012, 08:38 PM
    Reason
    quoted deleted post

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMan View Post
    You are very biased in your opinion. Since gasol returned he is shooting a pathetic .353 percent from the field and .412 for the season.

    You never provide facts like I do. You just get mad because I am saying the truth. Also I'm not sure as to why you keep on attacking me, nearly the entire psd laker form agrees with me. Stop being an Ignoramus and live with the fact that father time has caught up with gasol
    Actually, I've provided plenty of facts. I've bled facts out my ears.

    You only care about negative outcomes when talking about Pau. You cherry pick stats and plays to prove that Pau sucks, while ignoring anything that he does that's good. You also ignore the very same failings in other players while you're piling on with your obsessive Pau hate.

    If you really do not understand how Pau benefits the Lakers beyond his basic stats then you know nothing about how championships are won. Yes, it would be great if Pau was Wilt Chamberlain. But he's not. On the current roster he's the fourth option -- and there is no more dangerous fourth option in the entire league.

    In tonight's game you saw a seven footer play the ball-handler in a pick-and-roll with Dwight Howard, and you saw a seven-footer take his man off the dribble from the arc and dunk on him. In the entire NBA -- and perhaps even in the history of organized basketball -- there is exactly ONE ****ING PLAYER who could have done those two things.

    If you do not understand what kind of pressure this puts on a defense, and how it makes every other Laker more open and able to operate in space then you are exactly the kind of front-running, score-hungry fan you seem to be.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,186
    vCash
    1500
    Whether or not he had a good game today (compared to how he has been playing, anyway), for what Pau is getting paid (and assuming he's playing at close to 100%), he needs to do better. He's getting paid like an All-Star, so he needs to play like an All-Star. He's got to be aggressive, not settle, and not fear contact.

    If Gasol was making 10 million a year, I'd have very few issues with him, by the way... because he'd be earning his contract. But in my opinion, the Lakers are grossly overpaying for him.

    Also, he got that dunk at the end only because Chandler had fouled out. Who did he dunk on? 45 year old Kidd? Or that other 50 year old? If Chandler was in the game, Pau would've either passed it like a hot potato or clanked a jumper. That's what I mean by being more aggressive - going hard against starters.

    His dunk was a big play, I'm not taking that from him, but my concern is, is he going to make the same type of play against tougher playoff defenses? I'm betting not.

    I still want to see him moved, ASAP before the playoffs. Not dumped for the sake of trading him, but moved to improve the team overall.

    EDIT: Also, I understand this isn't NBA2K13.. a good deal might not be out there. But I at least want the FO to try... hard.
    Last edited by handle; 12-25-2012 at 09:03 PM.

  14. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Whether or not he had a good game today (compared to how he has been playing, anyway), for what Pau is getting paid (and assuming he's playing at close to 100%), he needs to do better. He's getting paid like an All-Star, so he needs to play like an All-Star. He's got to be aggressive, not settle, and not fear contact.

    If Gasol was making 10 million a year, I'd have very few issues with him, by the way... because he'd be earning his contract. But in my opinion, the Lakers are grossly overpaying for him.

    Also, he got that dunk at the end only because Chandler had fouled out. Who did he dunk on? 45 year old Kidd? Or that other 50 year old? If Chandler was in the game, Pau would've either passed it like a hot potato or clanked a jumper. That's what I mean by being more aggressive - going hard against starters.

    His dunk was a big play, I'm not taking that from him, but my concern is, is he going to make the same type of play against tougher playoff defenses? I'm betting not.

    I still want to see him moved, ASAP before the playoffs. Not dumped for the sake of trading him, but moved to improve the team overall.
    You guys wear me out.

    It doesn't matter what he's getting paid. If Pau wasn't stuck on a team with Nash, Kobe and Howard he'd be getting a ton more touches and be producing a ton more points and rebounds and assists and he'd be worth every penny. It's not his fault that he's getting paid what he's getting paid, or that he's willing to be the third/fourth option on a team full of stars. So get over the damn money.

    And now we're taking good plays away from Pau because of who was on the floor? When was the last time in this forum that anyone said Kobe got hot or a dunk because an effective defender was out with foul trouble? That would be never.

    No, you will probably not see Pau make the same play a lot. Why? Because the other team will try to prevent him from doing exactly that, at which point he will probably make an assist (or a hockey assist) that almost no other big man in the game could even attempt. And you will all forget the pass because somebody else scores the points.

  15. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,323
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Actually, I've provided plenty of facts. I've bled facts out my ears.

    You only care about negative outcomes when talking about Pau. You cherry pick stats and plays to prove that Pau sucks, while ignoring anything that he does that's good. You also ignore the very same failings in other players while you're piling on with your obsessive Pau hate.

    If you really do not understand how Pau benefits the Lakers beyond his basic stats then you know nothing about how championships are won. Yes, it would be great if Pau was Wilt Chamberlain. But he's not. On the current roster he's the fourth option -- and there is no more dangerous fourth option in the entire league.

    In tonight's game you saw a seven footer play the ball-handler in a pick-and-roll with Dwight Howard, and you saw a seven-footer take his man off the dribble from the arc and dunk on him. In the entire NBA -- and perhaps even in the history of organized basketball -- there is exactly ONE ****ING PLAYER who could have done those two things.

    If you do not understand what kind of pressure this puts on a defense, and how it makes every other Laker more open and able to operate in space then you are exactly the kind of front-running, score-hungry fan you seem to be.
    You seem to obsessed with me. If pau was getting paid like 9 million than sure he deserves to stay. What is this pressure are you refferring to? The guy is always wide open and bricks shot after shot. He is shooting .412 for the entire season. He puts pressure on the defense? Of course not. You mention wilt, well wilt would be getting paid 20 million a year. Pau is way too overpaid. Your only argument is Pau's dunk for tonight. like I stated before pau is an excellent passer, read carefully next time. Even Dwight himself said tonight it was funny watching pau dunk with his feet on the ground. You say I don't know what wins championships you must not be serious. Pau has a pathetic offense game so far this year, he also has not horrible but bad defense. I'm not sure in what world you live in but to win championships you must play defense and put the ball in the basket.


    Here is a stat for you

    NBA field goal percentage

    Pau gasol ranks 104 out of 130 of the worst field goal percentage. In the entire NBA there are only 26 people who shoot worse than gasol. There is 103 people who have a way better field goal percentage than gasol. The fact that a 7 foot ceter falls into this category is embarrassing. According to you a person who can't play defense and who can't score will win you a championship if you don't believe me refer to gasol poor performances our last 2 playoff runs.

  16. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    dudes, just **** up.

    Pau is getting paid because of what he EARNED.

    If you want to cut his salary to 9 million then remove two banners from the rafters of the team.

    Im fed up of that b.s

  17. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,601
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    dudes, just **** up.

    Pau is getting paid because of what he EARNED.

    If you want to cut his salary to 9 million then remove two banners from the rafters of the team.

    Im fed up of that b.s
    Noiiiice.

    Shut these mutha****erz up croonie. All they do is complain, win or lose.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •